Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And onto OT much better 'Cats now finish it!!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Now, that one was a beauty of a GWG!

Comment

• Woooooo 'Catttttssss!!
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• That’s a nice win - but they need to get the goal scoring going again tomorrow night versus Dartmouth. After scoring ten on opening weekend in Oxford, UNH has six goals in its last four...

Great to see Crookshank score the winner for his second. Increased goal scoring starts with him, Grasso (1) and Blackburn (0)...

Great night for Mike Robinson.

EDIT: Dartmouth gave up seven (one ENG) tonight at Harvard.
          Last edited by Dan; 11-01-2019, 09:02 PM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Great win. UNH got much better as the game went on. Robinson huge!
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Can’t say enough about how the team finished tonight. First period was brutal. Third period was about the best hockey I’ve seen a UNH team play against a decent opponent in a very long time. I would have been pleased with a tie. To get a win.... wow. Good progress. Maybe says something about our fitness too. We ran them over in the last 10 minutes and OT. Robinson was a rock tonight.
              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Oh, and as fair as the Whitt being empty.... I’d say it was a little disappointing for a home opener against BC, but the student section was nearly full and as HR said, the place was far from a morgue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  True, however, if you have or have access to log-in information you can download the NESN app and stream HE games being broadcast on either NESN or NESN-plus...
                  So, fraud? 😄

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                    Oh, and as fair as the Whitt being empty.... I’d say it was a little disappointing for a home opener against BC, but the student section was nearly full and as HR said, the place was far from a great morgue.
                    What has happened to college hockey. Was shocked how empty the Whit was. B.C. in town Used to be a hard ticket to get. All rinks are empty these days as NE game was the same on NESN. UVM sucks so it is understandable but these other half way decent teams can’t even fill a rink.

Comment

Can’t say enough about how the team finished tonight. First period was brutal. Third period was about the best hockey I’ve seen a UNH team play against a decent opponent in a very long time. I would have been pleased with a tie. To get a win.... wow. Good progress. Maybe says something about our fitness too. We ran them over in the last 10 minutes and OT. Robinson was a rock tonight.
                      I mean it was a Friday which makes it challenging to get up from the South...but hey couldnt agree more with your summation. Robo had some amazing saves hes the reason they won in addition to a decent 3rd like you said. Onto the Big Green and will Ty Taylor get the nod??
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                        What has happened to college hockey. Was shocked how empty the Whit was. B.C. in town Used to be a hard ticket to get. All rinks are empty these days as NE game was the same on NESN. UVM sucks so it is understandable but these other half way decent teams can’t even fill a rink.
                        This has been discussed ad nauseum on this thread. It’s a macro-level issue for college hockey (see: University of Minnesota) and is exacerbated by teams going through bad patches.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                          Oh, and as fair as the Whitt being empty.... I’d say it was a little disappointing for a home opener against BC, but the student section was nearly full and as HR said, the place was far from a morgue.
                          In terms of attendance, it wasn't bad. Reported as 4800+/- and I would guess that is reasonably accurate. Why would a BC crowd fight there way up here on a Friday night if the game is on NESN anyway? Thought you description of the game was on target. Really scary first 12 minutes and a few times in the second. Once in a rhythm, we looked pretty good. A shout out to MR. Verrier from our 3 pairing. He looked very good and is coming along nicely. Yes his +/- is not the best but it depends who you are on the ice with. Also a shout out to freshman Joe Hankinson. not a lot of time but he did not look lost and looked like he could be a great last minute find. Our first group on D looked very good last night. Both had very good games with plenty to like.

Comment

This has been discussed ad nauseum on this thread. It’s a macro-level issue for college hockey (see: University of Minnesota) and is exacerbated by teams going through bad patches.
                            College hockey attendance will never get back to what it was 20 years ago. Too many alternatives to sitting in a rink for 2-3 hours, for the general populace as well as the students. I’d dare say that college athletics in general has taken a drop. Many of the alleged big time football games you see on TV every Saturday have plenty of empty seats. Stadiums at USC and UCLA games these days are half full. My take is that the landscape is so saturated with options that it’s hard sometimes for people to get off the couch. And, at UNH, close to a decade of mediocrity doesn’t help.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                              In terms of attendance, it wasn't bad. Reported as 4800+/- and I would guess that is reasonably accurate. Why would a BC crowd fight there way up here on a Friday night if the game is on NESN anyway? Thought you description of the game was on target. Really scary first 12 minutes and a few times in the second. Once in a rhythm, we looked pretty good. A shout out to MR. Verrier from our 3 pairing. He looked very good and is coming along nicely. Yes his +/- is not the best but it depends who you are on the ice with. Also a shout out to freshman Joe Hankinson. not a lot of time but he did not look lost and looked like he could be a great last minute find. Our first group on D looked very good last night. Both had very good games with plenty to like.
                              I thought we had a great showing from the students last night. Personally I don't give a you know what as to how many are in the arena. Less people in the beer lines hahaha. Seriously though...fans were into the game and most appreciative when Robo made a great save (and boy, did he make a few amazing ones...I still don't know how that one stayed out of the net he managed to get with his left foot as it careened behind him). The D managed to kill 3 Beagle powerplays too. Agree about Hankinson...and thought Eriksson did a nice job as well. 3 more games and we get Engaras out there, if I have my count right. Just in time for the Michigan series....BC had their chances and if not for the Cotton fan things might have been different but we held tough and brought it the third. Games like that, faceoffs matter ....Seriously though, way to dig down deep and pull that one out. Hope that goal inspires Crookshank and he scores a ton more. Dan's right; tonight we need to light that lamp..Go 'Cats!!!!
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

BC may not be what they once were, but last night was a great character win. BC came out strong. After ten minutes there were still large areas of fresh ice in our offensive zone. We hung in and by the end of the night were the better team. Both teams were tired at the end, BC more so. There were more icing calls in the last five minutes than in the rest of the game.

Robinson made some very good saves, Knight too. Is it possible that we have the top 1-2-3 defensive combination in the country? How about Wyse down low front on the PP with Eriksson at the point? Much better than skating four forwards on the PP in my opinion.

Agree with ATW on Hankinson. He was very noticeable. Also good energy from the Sacco line.

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Personally I don't give a you know what as to how many are in the arena. Less people in the beer lines hahaha.
                                Not "hahaha" at all, bathroom lines as well.

Free yearbooks, stickers! Dance team selling 50-50s.

Dartmouth surrendered seven goals, 37 shots (took 47!) last night. Their Twitter feed is a hoot: @Dartmouth_MIH
                                Last edited by Darius; 11-02-2019, 10:12 AM.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X