Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I hate baseball.

I've hated it before, for a long time too, but 15 years of being on the sidelines was starting to ease me back into getting involved. And rumors of the Tampa Bay Devil Dogs (or whatever they're called this year) relocating to Montreal further sucked me into paying more attention.

It's like I'm Charlie Brown, and whomever took over from Bud Selig is Lucy, holding the football.

I hate baseball.

Here's my haiku for the "occasion" …

******Montreal Expos******
    Clinging to hope, finding none
    **I hate this darn game **
    Just heard Rush L say Thursday Night Football got better ratings than baseball!!
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      Just heard Rush L say Thursday Night Football got better ratings than baseball!!
      See? Karma!! Thanks for bringing some light into this day of utter darkness, e.cat.

Just heard something on-line … "DC" now considers themselves the "District of Champions".

Capitals last year, the &%$#@ as of last night … and supposedly some WNBA team, too?!?

I'm feeling much more positively inspired now …

**Washington Deep State**
      No one voted for you - scram
      ***Swamp denizens reek***
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        I was too young to see 'em when they were at the top of their game (early/mid '70's), and when I first saw them circa '77/'78 on the Works tour - right after they'd had to drop their private touring symphony orchestra due to the exorbitant costs - it was still a spectacle, and probably the greatest live show I've ever seen in terms of pure musicianship. With Rush, Deep Purple and Led Zep included BTW. Only wish I'd caught them on their KarnEvil9 tour before they went in hiatus for a few years … polyphonic sound, CP's rotating two-ton stainless steel kit, KE's piano solo with the piano turning end-over-end, rear video projections, etc. Stuff no one else had ever done before. You can see bits of some of the best of that tour from their '74 CalJam headlining performance live on ABC TV in front of 250,000 spectators. ELP knew how to do big, in a HUGE way. Then punk came in to cripple them and their fellow travelers, and after that, time and MTV put the kill shot on them and their kind. Hard to believe a band of their significance at the time - basically a prog band that sold out stadiums - has been all but forgotten in the present day.

Anyway Snives, here's a link to one of CP's recent tours, showing him with a relatively modest and restrained 5-plus minute solo, finishing up with his current bandmates in their version of "Fanfare for the Common Man", with the guitarist basically recreating KE's right-handed keyboard bits, whilst the bassist does a combination of Greg Lake's bassline and KE's rhythmic left hand!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwC_aBEUR9E

For 'dc, you've likely seen this before, but here's 3 minutes with sticks and snare only, plus tricks galore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouJetiHNAv0
        I saw the spinning piano live in New Haven, it was something I will never forget. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSm5IQFaTZA
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

See? Karma!! Thanks for bringing some light into this day of utter darkness, e.cat.

Just heard something on-line … "DC" now considers themselves the "District of Champions".

Capitals last year, the &%$#@ as of last night … and supposedly some WNBA team, too?!?

I'm feeling much more positively inspired now …

**Washington Deep State**
          No one voted for you - scram
          ***Swamp denizens reek***
          Swamp creatures and Deep State lifers v. The Disruptor:-)

Sounds like a riveting Halloween horror flick. Haha!
          Can't make this stuff up! It's already happening!

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            I saw the spinning piano live in New Haven, it was something I will never forget. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSm5IQFaTZA
            LTsatch, you're a "Lucky Man." Haha

Comment

I was too young to see 'em when they were at the top of their game (early/mid '70's), and when I first saw them circa '77/'78 on the Works tour - right after they'd had to drop their private touring symphony orchestra due to the exorbitant costs - it was still a spectacle, and probably the greatest live show I've ever seen in terms of pure musicianship. With Rush, Deep Purple and Led Zep included BTW. Only wish I'd caught them on their KarnEvil9 tour before they went in hiatus for a few years … polyphonic sound, CP's rotating two-ton stainless steel kit, KE's piano solo with the piano turning end-over-end, rear video projections, etc. Stuff no one else had ever done before. You can see bits of some of the best of that tour from their '74 CalJam headlining performance live on ABC TV in front of 250,000 spectators. ELP knew how to do big, in a HUGE way. Then punk came in to cripple them and their fellow travelers, and after that, time and MTV put the kill shot on them and their kind. Hard to believe a band of their significance at the time - basically a prog band that sold out stadiums - has been all but forgotten in the present day.

Anyway Snives, here's a link to one of CP's recent tours, showing him with a relatively modest and restrained 5-plus minute solo, finishing up with his current bandmates in their version of "Fanfare for the Common Man", with the guitarist basically recreating KE's right-handed keyboard bits, whilst the bassist does a combination of Greg Lake's bassline and KE's rhythmic left hand!!

For 'dc, you've likely seen this before, but here's 3 minutes with sticks and snare only, plus tricks galore.

That’s the video that i’ll show my 1-year-old (who has taken a liking to sitting on my lap and banging away at my kit) when he asks for his first 5-piece set. “Show me you can do a tenth of what he just did with a snare drum, sticks and a stand, and we’ll talk!”
              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                Oh that’s bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  Congrats to the Nats and their smart fans.
                  Do I need to remind you that this thread is reserved for hockey and music? Take that garbage elsewhere!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                    Oh that’s bad.
                    :-)

Comment

"UNH Freshman Lucas Herrmann: A Hard-Working, Gritty Forward"
                      Includes a recent interview, video highlights, scouting reports & stats for last 4 years.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

oh, boy, I think that punk music began before ELP, maybe with ? and the Mysterians and their hit "96 Tears" on 26 October 1966 (its 53rd anniversary was this week ). But, no question that ELP had orders of magnitude more traction than ?, as much as I loved 96 Tears.

Comment

I was fortunate to have seen ELP on Thanksgiving day in 1973. I have also had the pleasure of seeing Carl Palmer a couple of times recently. Full of energy and very talented couple of fellows accompanying him. The Flying Monkey is a great place to see a show, especially up close on the main floor. Saw Lez Zeppelin there a couple of years ago. Yes, you read that right, all girls all zeppelin.

Comment

Chuck, I don’t know how anybody can hate baseball. As much as I like hockey, it will always take a second seat the national Pastime.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              Also saw this version of his tour at Mohegan Sun last year, Palmer still has it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI03yUkVSNE
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                                Chuck, I don’t know how anybody can hate baseball. As much as I like hockey, it will always take a second seat the national Pastime.
                                Greg, the game has tested me to my limits, and it broke me last night. And like you, I LOVED baseball.

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                                I was fortunate to have seen ELP on Thanksgiving day in 1973. I have also had the pleasure of seeing Carl Palmer a couple of times recently. Full of energy and very talented couple of fellows accompanying him. The Flying Monkey is a great place to see a show, especially up close on the main floor. Saw Lez Zeppelin there a couple of years ago. Yes, you read that right, all girls all zeppelin.
                                No kidding, eh? Gotta check that out … however, I bet Percy Plant still had the better hair.

'Satch, I guess you're OK in my book after all. ELP fan far outweighs the Yale/New Haven thing.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X