Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 1001

Thread: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

  1. #421
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,757
    And onto OT much better 'Cats now finish it!!

  2. #422
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,679

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Now, that one was a beauty of a GWG!

  3. #423
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,757
    Woooooo 'Catttttssss!!

  4. #424
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,453
    Thatís a nice win - but they need to get the goal scoring going again tomorrow night versus Dartmouth. After scoring ten on opening weekend in Oxford, UNH has six goals in its last four...

    Great to see Crookshank score the winner for his second. Increased goal scoring starts with him, Grasso (1) and Blackburn (0)...

    Great night for Mike Robinson.

    EDIT: Dartmouth gave up seven (one ENG) tonight at Harvard.
    Last edited by Dan; 11-01-2019 at 10:02 PM.

  5. #425
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Great win. UNH got much better as the game went on. Robinson huge!

  6. #426
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Canít say enough about how the team finished tonight. First period was brutal. Third period was about the best hockey Iíve seen a UNH team play against a decent opponent in a very long time. I would have been pleased with a tie. To get a win.... wow. Good progress. Maybe says something about our fitness too. We ran them over in the last 10 minutes and OT. Robinson was a rock tonight.

  7. #427
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Oh, and as fair as the Whitt being empty.... Iíd say it was a little disappointing for a home opener against BC, but the student section was nearly full and as HR said, the place was far from a morgue.

  8. #428
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    True, however, if you have or have access to log-in information you can download the NESN app and stream HE games being broadcast on either NESN or NESN-plus...
    So, fraud? 😄

  9. #429
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Oh, and as fair as the Whitt being empty.... Iíd say it was a little disappointing for a home opener against BC, but the student section was nearly full and as HR said, the place was far from a great morgue.
    What has happened to college hockey. Was shocked how empty the Whit was. B.C. in town Used to be a hard ticket to get. All rinks are empty these days as NE game was the same on NESN. UVM sucks so it is understandable but these other half way decent teams canít even fill a rink.

  10. #430
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,757
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Canít say enough about how the team finished tonight. First period was brutal. Third period was about the best hockey Iíve seen a UNH team play against a decent opponent in a very long time. I would have been pleased with a tie. To get a win.... wow. Good progress. Maybe says something about our fitness too. We ran them over in the last 10 minutes and OT. Robinson was a rock tonight.
    I mean it was a Friday which makes it challenging to get up from the South...but hey couldnt agree more with your summation. Robo had some amazing saves hes the reason they won in addition to a decent 3rd like you said. Onto the Big Green and will Ty Taylor get the nod??

  11. #431
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCat View Post
    What has happened to college hockey. Was shocked how empty the Whit was. B.C. in town Used to be a hard ticket to get. All rinks are empty these days as NE game was the same on NESN. UVM sucks so it is understandable but these other half way decent teams canít even fill a rink.
    This has been discussed ad nauseum on this thread. Itís a macro-level issue for college hockey (see: University of Minnesota) and is exacerbated by teams going through bad patches.

  12. #432
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    225

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Oh, and as fair as the Whitt being empty.... Iíd say it was a little disappointing for a home opener against BC, but the student section was nearly full and as HR said, the place was far from a morgue.
    In terms of attendance, it wasn't bad. Reported as 4800+/- and I would guess that is reasonably accurate. Why would a BC crowd fight there way up here on a Friday night if the game is on NESN anyway? Thought you description of the game was on target. Really scary first 12 minutes and a few times in the second. Once in a rhythm, we looked pretty good. A shout out to MR. Verrier from our 3 pairing. He looked very good and is coming along nicely. Yes his +/- is not the best but it depends who you are on the ice with. Also a shout out to freshman Joe Hankinson. not a lot of time but he did not look lost and looked like he could be a great last minute find. Our first group on D looked very good last night. Both had very good games with plenty to like.

  13. #433
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Lynn, MA, USA
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdc View Post
    This has been discussed ad nauseum on this thread. Itís a macro-level issue for college hockey (see: University of Minnesota) and is exacerbated by teams going through bad patches.
    College hockey attendance will never get back to what it was 20 years ago. Too many alternatives to sitting in a rink for 2-3 hours, for the general populace as well as the students. Iíd dare say that college athletics in general has taken a drop. Many of the alleged big time football games you see on TV every Saturday have plenty of empty seats. Stadiums at USC and UCLA games these days are half full. My take is that the landscape is so saturated with options that itís hard sometimes for people to get off the couch. And, at UNH, close to a decade of mediocrity doesnít help.

  14. #434
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,757

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by After the Whistle View Post
    In terms of attendance, it wasn't bad. Reported as 4800+/- and I would guess that is reasonably accurate. Why would a BC crowd fight there way up here on a Friday night if the game is on NESN anyway? Thought you description of the game was on target. Really scary first 12 minutes and a few times in the second. Once in a rhythm, we looked pretty good. A shout out to MR. Verrier from our 3 pairing. He looked very good and is coming along nicely. Yes his +/- is not the best but it depends who you are on the ice with. Also a shout out to freshman Joe Hankinson. not a lot of time but he did not look lost and looked like he could be a great last minute find. Our first group on D looked very good last night. Both had very good games with plenty to like.
    I thought we had a great showing from the students last night. Personally I don't give a you know what as to how many are in the arena. Less people in the beer lines hahaha. Seriously though...fans were into the game and most appreciative when Robo made a great save (and boy, did he make a few amazing ones...I still don't know how that one stayed out of the net he managed to get with his left foot as it careened behind him). The D managed to kill 3 Beagle powerplays too. Agree about Hankinson...and thought Eriksson did a nice job as well. 3 more games and we get Engaras out there, if I have my count right. Just in time for the Michigan series....BC had their chances and if not for the Cotton fan things might have been different but we held tough and brought it the third. Games like that, faceoffs matter ....Seriously though, way to dig down deep and pull that one out. Hope that goal inspires Crookshank and he scores a ton more. Dan's right; tonight we need to light that lamp..Go 'Cats!!!!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  15. #435
    Go 'cats!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    BC may not be what they once were, but last night was a great character win. BC came out strong. After ten minutes there were still large areas of fresh ice in our offensive zone. We hung in and by the end of the night were the better team. Both teams were tired at the end, BC more so. There were more icing calls in the last five minutes than in the rest of the game.

    Robinson made some very good saves, Knight too. Is it possible that we have the top 1-2-3 defensive combination in the country? How about Wyse down low front on the PP with Eriksson at the point? Much better than skating four forwards on the PP in my opinion.

    Agree with ATW on Hankinson. He was very noticeable. Also good energy from the Sacco line.

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Personally I don't give a you know what as to how many are in the arena. Less people in the beer lines hahaha.
    Not "hahaha" at all, bathroom lines as well.

    Free yearbooks, stickers! Dance team selling 50-50s.

    Dartmouth surrendered seven goals, 37 shots (took 47!) last night. Their Twitter feed is a hoot: @Dartmouth_MIH
    Last edited by Darius; 11-02-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

  16. #436
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,453
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    I thought we had a great showing from the students last night. Personally I don't give a you know what as to how many are in the arena.
    I donít know - I always feel this way on the road or at a neutral site, but UNHís atmosphere used to be SPECIAL. Thatís why so many visitors pop into this thread to express their disbelief. The place used to be loud and the fan base used to be into the game even during long stretches without a goal...

    I can remember a number of occasions where UNH fans wanted a goal, made that point LOUD and clear and the players were compelled (and able) to deliver...

    Gregís right - it will never be the same. Itís a different world with TV, streaming services (often provided by the schools themselves) and ticket pricing strategies. As well as the situation at UNH - a program that used to regularly be in the NC mix pre-season and play/act like one for much of the season. Itís too bad, worth reminiscing about but probably not complaining about. If UNH wins the atmosphere can still be very good. Certainly good enough to enjoy at a high level...

    Dan's right; tonight we need to light that lamp..Go 'Cats!!!!
    A win last night masks the concern that has been goal scoring - especially scoring depth after Gildon and the first line. I noticed Grasso and Crookshank swapped lines last night - I assume in an effort to get Angus going (which hopefully worked), but UNH needs at least a second dependable line, meaning it may be time to jumble the teamís two best playmakers (Pierson and Kelleher) off the same grouping...

    Dartmouth played their 2018-19 second string goaltender yesterday at HU - in an interesting move for a season and conference opener. Ferguson started just two games last season, including one at UNH where he gave up three goals in just five-plus minutes. His beating out Clark would be one of the most surprising elements of the off-season to me, as Clark was very strong last season. It will be interesting to see if Clark is now second in the DC rotation or if (hopefully) he has some harmless malady that will keep him out for the opening weekend before an immediate return to health and a wonderful season of his own...

    Another concern is Dartmouthís big first line of talented scorers WELL over six feet tall. Theyíre dangerous and a very interesting match-up for a potential UNH first line all well under six feet...

    I like Dartmouth a lot - but UNH needs goals in a big way to gain confidence for a tough upcoming stretch (especially considering how ME has kicked off the year). Letís hope they get them in spades tonight. Dartmouth can recover next weekend...

  17. #437
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Terrific come-from-behind victory for Coach Mac and Rickyís guys today, after a terrible first half (following a great first drive). Now letís finish the weekend off with a strong showing tonight.

  18. #438
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    4,345
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Terrific come-from-behind victory for Coach Mac and Rickyís guys today, after a terrible first half (following a great first drive). Now letís finish the weekend off with a strong showing tonight.
    Frosh Brosmer had a career day with three TDs to go along with one pick. Very nice come from behind win.

    A win over the Indians tonight would be fantastic!

  19. #439
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,453
    Goalie match-up is Adrian Clark versus Ty Taylor...

    Canít figure out why DC went with Ferguson on the road against the conference (and more offensively gifted opponent) unless they were intent on splitting the weekend and strictly wanted to avoid Ferguson flashbacks at the Whitt...

    Or they out-thought themselves in trying to throw Harvard a curveball.
    Last edited by Dan; 11-02-2019 at 07:03 PM.

  20. #440
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,453

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    And itís not paying off early tonight as UNH jumps out to a quick 1-0 lead (Crookshank)...

    Much needed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •