Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    He's been the worst NU forward through the first 3 games IMO
    We're sorry.
    UNH

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Go 'Nats!
      Nope, not even if my life depended on it. I'm a National Leaguer down to my core, but in the same way I could never root for the Florida/Miami Marlins, I will never ever root for the team HR mentioned (not your fault/not blaming you, HR - before your time, I'm afraid). These last few weeks have seen the re-opening of old wounds I thought had healed. My signature covers it, if any of you folks don't already know.

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
      We've got a shiny new arena, that apparently runs entirely on grass clippings and french fry oil. The flushless urinals are a particular point of pride.
      I didn't know the alma mater's new arena runs on the same crap that makes up "Impossible Burgers"?!?

Kinda sad when even a business school like Bentley decides to hop on the "woke" bandwagon …

GO UNH!!!
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Go 'Nats!
        Why? WHY? And I thought you were a truly good person!!!
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
          Why? WHY? And I thought you were a truly good person!!!
          haha actually? I am not a 'Nats fan. In fact, unless our beloved Red Sox are in it, I could care less. Well, wait, if the Yankees are in it...well, that's a tragedy worse than the Nationals?? What's the hate for them, (Nationals) I do not follow baseball quite honestly it's like watching paint dry most of the time....hahaha...Sorry if I have disappointed...
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Well, wait, if the Yankees are in it...well, that's a tragedy worse than the Nationals??
            Nope, it isn't. ABtWN

What's the hate for them, (Nationals) I do not follow baseball …
            My full-scale response would dwarf the latest WIS epic in length. But I'll be brief:

Nationals were originally the Expos, born in the '69 MLB expansion with the Padres, Royals and Pilots.

The Expos were my favorite team, almost from the start, and from a very young (pre-HS) age.

They were relocated to DC after the 2004 season.

The circumstances were disgusting, and there cannot be enough bad karma befalling them, forever.

If their run over the last few weekends bothers anyone more than myself, it may only be Bryce Harper.

But Bryce Harper can take a calming money bath at his leisure. No such amenities at the WIS Estate.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

haha actually? I am not a 'Nats fan. In fact, unless our beloved Red Sox are in it, I could care less. Well, wait, if the Yankees are in it...well, that's a tragedy worse than the Nationals?? What's the hate for them, (Nationals) I do not follow baseball quite honestly it's like watching paint dry most of the time....hahaha...Sorry if I have disappointed...
              The only thing less tolerable than the Nats and their fans are the Caps and their fans. I’d take a Yankee WS over a Nats one every day, twice on Sunday. Same goes for les Habitats/Caps.

Johnny-come-lately, zero culture know-nothings.

Now git off my sidewalk!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                The only thing less tolerable than the Nats and their fans are the Caps and their fans. I’d take a Yankee WS over a Nats one every day, twice on Sunday. Same goes for les Habitats/Caps.

Johnny-come-lately, zero culture know-nothings.

Now git off my sidewalk!!
                See, when I lived in DC for four years I enjoyed the Nats, Nationals Park and four-dollar, stub hub tickets for beautiful baseball nights in our nation’s capital!

I don’t care for their fan’s 180-degree turn on Harper after the organization made him a disingenuous and entirely non-competitive offer - but I’ll still be pulling for Washington against either NYY or HOU (especially NYY)...

Half the baseball fans in the area are probably transplants with other teams and half of the remaining area fans are probably Orioles fans pre-dating the Nationals (Obviously there weren’t many full houses in the regular seasons when I was there if tickets could be had for under $5 on a regular basis), so I can see how it feels like a late-arriving/front running fan base (with the aforementioned 3/4 of the baseball fan base clamoring for space on the bandwagon)...

But, it’s a nice park, they’ve got talented and likable players (a bunch playing for their first rings), nice uniforms and a wonderful bullpen beer garden/parking lot that serves beer. Go Nats!
                Last edited by Dan; 10-17-2019, 03:51 PM.
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

Hubby can't make it so my plan is to leave right after school...so I'll hopefully be in Waltham by 5. I'll email you and see if we can connect for some of this world class fare/drink you are speaking of! Ecat...I will have that extra ticket if you want it. My email is in my profile so feel free to connect if you are indeed coming!
                  Thanks Ref. I sent you an email.
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    Thanks Ref. I sent you an email.
                    hmmmm haven't seen it yet? I just sent a test one to myself...didn't see that one either!!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      See, when I lived in DC for four years I enjoyed the Nats, Nationals Park and four-dollar, stub hub tickets for beautiful baseball nights in our nation’s capital!

I don’t care for their fan’s 180-degree turn on Harper after the organization made him a disingenuous and entirely non-competitive offer - but I’ll still be pulling for Washington against either NYY or HOU (especially NYY)...

Half the baseball fans in the area are probably transplants with other teams and half of the remaining area fans are probably Orioles fans pre-dating the Nationals (Obviously there weren’t many full houses in the regular seasons when I was there if tickets could be had for under $5 on a regular basis), so I can see how it feels like a late-arriving/front running fan base (with the aforementioned 3/4 of the baseball fan base clamoring for space on the bandwagon)...

But, it’s a nice park, they’ve got talented and likable players (a bunch playing for their first rings), nice uniforms and a wonderful bullpen beer garden/parking lot that serves beer. Go Nats!
                      I’ve lived here since 1991. My band has actually PLAYED the “Bullpen”. I STILL don’t like them. Wore a Red Sox cap for the gig. :-)

Go ‘Stros

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                        I’ve lived here since 1991. My band has actually PLAYED the “Bullpen”. I STILL don’t like them. Wore a Red Sox cap for the gig. :-)

Go ‘Stros
                        The fact that the Nats took out the Braves, a team that abandoned its downtown park for, ahem, demographic reasons, then pummeled the Cardinals and their unctious “Cardinal Way,” which apparently included corporate spying, is more than enough reason to root for the Nats. Plus they low balled Harper so that he would leave town. But I’ll only be rooting for them if, by chance (slim IMO), they play the Yanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

The one thing that 99% of both Maine and UNH fans can agree upon is that we'd sooner root for a crab-louse in our shorts than we would the Yank-me's...

It's heartening to remember that this common-ground will always exist between our two great States. (Well, at least the one to the East is great.)

Comment

hmmmm haven't seen it yet? I just sent a test one to myself...didn't see that one either!!
                            There's a link in your profile to send you a message. I used that because I didn't see your email. Anyway, I'm going to the game. I can meet you at will call or thereabouts around 615 if that works for you. Thanks ref

I think this may have come up before on the forum that the messaging component is disabled. If that's true, Im not sure why the link is available.

Go anybody but the Yankees
                            Last edited by e.cat; 10-17-2019, 06:00 PM.
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              There's a link in your profile to send you a message. I used that because I didn't see your email. Anyway, I'm going to the game. I can meet you at will call or thereabouts around 615 if that works for you. Thanks ref

I think this may have come up before on the forum that the messaging component is disabled. If that's true, Im not sure why the link is available.

Go anybody but the Yankees
                              Sounds good like I said I am planning on being in town no later than 5...hoping to maybe catch up with Aerman and Snively you are welcome as well but I don't know the site as of yet...will post when I do! Looking forward!! Go 'Cats!!!!
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Nope, it isn't. ABtWN

My full-scale response would dwarf the latest WIS epic in length. But I'll be brief:

Nationals were originally the Expos, born in the '69 MLB expansion with the Padres, Royals and Pilots.

The Expos were my favorite team, almost from the start, and from a very young (pre-HS) age.

They were relocated to DC after the 2004 season.

The circumstances were disgusting, and there cannot be enough bad karma befalling them, forever.

If their run over the last few weekends bothers anyone more than myself, it may only be Bryce Harper.

But Bryce Harper can take a calming money bath at his leisure. No such amenities at the WIS Estate.
                                Ha, ha, ha! I had to scroll back a page, as I knew that this post would be here somewhere; only surprised by its brevity. :-)

I am old enough to remember the Washington Senators, and their big boppers and some very decent pitchers, too, who moved to MSP leaving our capital without a MLB team for a longtime. And, a Senators manager had some Boston connections.

Agree with Greg that it is nice to have the Cheatin' Cards done for the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X