Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1001

Thread: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

  1. #201
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    haha actually? I am not a 'Nats fan. In fact, unless our beloved Red Sox are in it, I could care less. Well, wait, if the Yankees are in it...well, that's a tragedy worse than the Nationals?? What's the hate for them, (Nationals) I do not follow baseball quite honestly it's like watching paint dry most of the time....hahaha...Sorry if I have disappointed...
    The only thing less tolerable than the Nats and their fans are the Caps and their fans. Iíd take a Yankee WS over a Nats one every day, twice on Sunday. Same goes for les Habitats/Caps.

    Johnny-come-lately, zero culture know-nothings.

    Now git off my sidewalk!!

  2. #202
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,454
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdc View Post
    The only thing less tolerable than the Nats and their fans are the Caps and their fans. Iíd take a Yankee WS over a Nats one every day, twice on Sunday. Same goes for les Habitats/Caps.

    Johnny-come-lately, zero culture know-nothings.

    Now git off my sidewalk!!
    See, when I lived in DC for four years I enjoyed the Nats, Nationals Park and four-dollar, stub hub tickets for beautiful baseball nights in our nationís capital!

    I donít care for their fanís 180-degree turn on Harper after the organization made him a disingenuous and entirely non-competitive offer - but Iíll still be pulling for Washington against either NYY or HOU (especially NYY)...

    Half the baseball fans in the area are probably transplants with other teams and half of the remaining area fans are probably Orioles fans pre-dating the Nationals (Obviously there werenít many full houses in the regular seasons when I was there if tickets could be had for under $5 on a regular basis), so I can see how it feels like a late-arriving/front running fan base (with the aforementioned 3/4 of the baseball fan base clamoring for space on the bandwagon)...

    But, itís a nice park, theyíve got talented and likable players (a bunch playing for their first rings), nice uniforms and a wonderful bullpen beer garden/parking lot that serves beer. Go Nats!
    Last edited by Dan; 10-17-2019 at 04:51 PM.

  3. #203
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    4,352

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Hubby can't make it so my plan is to leave right after school...so I'll hopefully be in Waltham by 5. I'll email you and see if we can connect for some of this world class fare/drink you are speaking of! Ecat...I will have that extra ticket if you want it. My email is in my profile so feel free to connect if you are indeed coming!
    Thanks Ref. I sent you an email.
    GO BLUE/GO UNH

    COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

  4. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,768

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Thanks Ref. I sent you an email.
    hmmmm haven't seen it yet? I just sent a test one to myself...didn't see that one either!!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  5. #205
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    See, when I lived in DC for four years I enjoyed the Nats, Nationals Park and four-dollar, stub hub tickets for beautiful baseball nights in our nationís capital!

    I donít care for their fanís 180-degree turn on Harper after the organization made him a disingenuous and entirely non-competitive offer - but Iíll still be pulling for Washington against either NYY or HOU (especially NYY)...

    Half the baseball fans in the area are probably transplants with other teams and half of the remaining area fans are probably Orioles fans pre-dating the Nationals (Obviously there werenít many full houses in the regular seasons when I was there if tickets could be had for under $5 on a regular basis), so I can see how it feels like a late-arriving/front running fan base (with the aforementioned 3/4 of the baseball fan base clamoring for space on the bandwagon)...

    But, itís a nice park, theyíve got talented and likable players (a bunch playing for their first rings), nice uniforms and a wonderful bullpen beer garden/parking lot that serves beer. Go Nats!
    Iíve lived here since 1991. My band has actually PLAYED the ďBullpenĒ. I STILL donít like them. Wore a Red Sox cap for the gig. :-)

    Go ĎStros

  6. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Lynn, MA, USA
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Iíve lived here since 1991. My band has actually PLAYED the ďBullpenĒ. I STILL donít like them. Wore a Red Sox cap for the gig. :-)

    Go ĎStros
    The fact that the Nats took out the Braves, a team that abandoned its downtown park for, ahem, demographic reasons, then pummeled the Cardinals and their unctious ďCardinal Way,Ē which apparently included corporate spying, is more than enough reason to root for the Nats. Plus they low balled Harper so that he would leave town. But Iíll only be rooting for them if, by chance (slim IMO), they play the Yanks.

  7. #207
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,801

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    See, when I lived in DC for four years I enjoyed the Nats, Nationals Park and four-dollar, stub hub tickets for beautiful baseball nights in our nationís capital!

    I donít care for their fanís 180-degree turn on Harper after the organization made him a disingenuous and entirely non-competitive offer - but Iíll still be pulling for Washington against either NYY or HOU (especially NYY)...
    The one thing that 99% of both Maine and UNH fans can agree upon is that we'd sooner root for a crab-louse in our shorts than we would the Yank-me's...

    It's heartening to remember that this common-ground will always exist between our two great States. (Well, at least the one to the East is great.)


  8. #208
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    4,352
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    hmmmm haven't seen it yet? I just sent a test one to myself...didn't see that one either!!
    There's a link in your profile to send you a message. I used that because I didn't see your email. Anyway, I'm going to the game. I can meet you at will call or thereabouts around 615 if that works for you. Thanks ref

    I think this may have come up before on the forum that the messaging component is disabled. If that's true, Im not sure why the link is available.

    Go anybody but the Yankees
    Last edited by e.cat; 10-17-2019 at 07:00 PM.

  9. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,768

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    There's a link in your profile to send you a message. I used that because I didn't see your email. Anyway, I'm going to the game. I can meet you at will call or thereabouts around 615 if that works for you. Thanks ref

    I think this may have come up before on the forum that the messaging component is disabled. If that's true, Im not sure why the link is available.

    Go anybody but the Yankees
    Sounds good like I said I am planning on being in town no later than 5...hoping to maybe catch up with Aerman and Snively you are welcome as well but I don't know the site as of yet...will post when I do! Looking forward!! Go 'Cats!!!!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  10. #210
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Nope, it isn't. ABtWN



    My full-scale response would dwarf the latest WIS epic in length. But I'll be brief:

    Nationals were originally the Expos, born in the '69 MLB expansion with the Padres, Royals and Pilots.

    The Expos were my favorite team, almost from the start, and from a very young (pre-HS) age.

    They were relocated to DC after the 2004 season.

    The circumstances were disgusting, and there cannot be enough bad karma befalling them, forever.

    If their run over the last few weekends bothers anyone more than myself, it may only be Bryce Harper.

    But Bryce Harper can take a calming money bath at his leisure. No such amenities at the WIS Estate.
    Ha, ha, ha! I had to scroll back a page, as I knew that this post would be here somewhere; only surprised by its brevity. :-)

    I am old enough to remember the Washington Senators, and their big boppers and some very decent pitchers, too, who moved to MSP leaving our capital without a MLB team for a longtime. And, a Senators manager had some Boston connections.

    Agree with Greg that it is nice to have the Cheatin' Cards done for the season.

  11. #211
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    13,045

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    I am old enough to remember the Washington Senators, and their big boppers and some very decent pitchers, too, who moved to MSP leaving our capital without a MLB team for a longtime. And, a Senators manager had some Boston connections.
    Which "Senators" do you mean Snives? There were two, after all Ö

    Senators Mach One - relocated to the Twin Cities, circa 1960. Harmon Killebrew, Bobby Allison, etc.
    Senators Mach Two - started up the following year in expansion, managed later on by Ted Williams. Frank "The Capital Punisher" Howard, Mike Epstein (who had an even more colorful nickname I won't use here, lest some folks get triggered), and Don Mincher were probably some of their big boppers. Howard had an amazing run in DC over 6-7 seasons, but when they eventually moved to Texas (Rangers) in the early '70's it pretty much marked the end of his career.

    Not sure which one was the one you referenced? Do realize the difference may age you by 10 years.

    IIRC the Sens' last game before moving to Texas resulted in a forfeit when the crowd prematurely invaded the diamond. Having been in the Big Owe for Les Expos' final game 30-something years later, I can tell you there were moments during that game when I wouldn't have been surprised to see the same thing - 30,000-plus angry Montrealers, and as luck would have it, the last visitors were the Marlins - then defending WS champs, and owned by the father/stepson duo that pulled the plug on an approved new Montreal stadium a few years earlier, before they dumped the team on MLB in the same transaction that sent John Henry and his crew from Florida to Boston. There were long stoppages mid-game, and it's the closest I've ever been to a possible real-live riot.

    Hated to see it happen to the Chargers a couple of years ago, and yeah, if Tampa Bay ever leaves for Montreal (or anywhere FWIW), I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't feel badly for the fans they leave behind. Folks get attached to teams. It's gut-wrenching, if you ever have the misfortune to experience it. There are WAY more important things in life, but it still takes a piece of you away.

    So yeah, DC was without a team for awhile, but I suspect the one you remember left for Texas, not MSP.

    Maybe the you-know-who's will prove the 3rd time's the charm for DC baseball.

    I still hate 'em though. Can't help it. I thought I was over it, found out this week I wasn't.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  12. #212
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Which "Senators" do you mean Snives? There were two, after all Ö

    Senators Mach One - relocated to the Twin Cities, circa 1960. Harmon Killebrew, Bobby Allison, etc.
    Senators Mach Two - started up the following year in expansion, managed later on by Ted Williams. Frank "The Capital Punisher" Howard, Mike Epstein (who had an even more colorful nickname I won't use here, lest some folks get triggered), and Don Mincher were probably some of their big boppers. Howard had an amazing run in DC over 6-7 seasons, but when they eventually moved to Texas (Rangers) in the early '70's it pretty much marked the end of his career.

    Not sure which one was the one you referenced? Do realize the difference may age you by 10 years.

    IIRC the Sens' last game before moving to Texas resulted in a forfeit when the crowd prematurely invaded the diamond. Having been in the Big Owe for Les Expos' final game 30-something years later, I can tell you there were moments during that game when I wouldn't have been surprised to see the same thing - 30,000-plus angry Montrealers, and as luck would have it, the last visitors were the Marlins - then defending WS champs, and owned by the father/stepson duo that pulled the plug on an approved new Montreal stadium a few years earlier, before they dumped the team on MLB in the same transaction that sent John Henry and his crew from Florida to Boston. There were long stoppages mid-game, and it's the closest I've ever been to a possible real-live riot.

    Hated to see it happen to the Chargers a couple of years ago, and yeah, if Tampa Bay ever leaves for Montreal (or anywhere FWIW), I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't feel badly for the fans they leave behind. Folks get attached to teams. It's gut-wrenching, if you ever have the misfortune to experience it. There are WAY more important things in life, but it still takes a piece of you away.

    So yeah, DC was without a team for awhile, but I suspect the one you remember left for Texas, not MSP.

    Maybe the you-know-who's will prove the 3rd time's the charm for DC baseball.

    I still hate 'em though. Can't help it. I thought I was over it, found out this week I wasn't.
    Oops, I meant the first Washington Senators team, when Teddy Ballgame was still patrolling below the Green Monster at Fenway. As I kid, I really enjoyed watching Harmon Killibrew and other Senator big boppers come to town. If I had taken a little more time to think, I would have remembered that Teddy's undistinguished time as manager in DC was v.2.0 of the Senators.

    I was too young to know any Boston Braves fans, but I remember that a lot of people were still really upset after the Braves moved to Milwaukee, despite their return for a game each year with the Sox to support the Jimmy Fund.

  13. #213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    225

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Oops, I meant the first Washington Senators team, when Teddy Ballgame was still patrolling below the Green Monster at Fenway. As I kid, I really enjoyed watching Harmon Killibrew and other Senator big boppers come to town. If I had taken a little more time to think, I would have remembered that Teddy's undistinguished time as manager in DC was v.2.0 of the Senators.

    I was too young to know any Boston Braves fans, but I remember that a lot of people were still really upset after the Braves moved to Milwaukee, despite their return for a game each year with the Sox to support the Jimmy Fund.
    Anyone have the link to tonight's broadcast?
    Go Cats!

  14. #214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    5,768

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by After the Whistle View Post
    Anyone have the link to tonight's broadcast?
    Go Cats!
    https://www.flohockey.tv/events/6553...ic-mens-hockey

    This was on the site...Go 'Cats!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

  15. #215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Oops, I meant the first Washington Senators team, when Teddy Ballgame was still patrolling below the Green Monster at Fenway. As I kid, I really enjoyed watching Harmon Killibrew and other Senator big boppers come to town. If I had taken a little more time to think, I would have remembered that Teddy's undistinguished time as manager in DC was v.2.0 of the Senators.

    I was too young to know any Boston Braves fans, but I remember that a lot of people were still really upset after the Braves moved to Milwaukee, despite their return for a game each year with the Sox to support the Jimmy Fund.
    My Dad used to sit in the "Jury Box" at Braves Field (now Nickerson Field at BU, which is hardly even a "field" anymore). He had always hoped there would be a subway series here, but alas, it was not meant to be.

    I remember Killebrew with the Twins and a game I went to when he crushed a ball "over everything" in left (as they used to say when it was just the "screen" and no monster seats - in fact, nobody called it the "Green Monster" then...it was just "the Wall"). I think that ball, which got out of there in about 1.5 seconds, is still orbiting the earth today...

  16. #216
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    225

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Thank you and enjoy the game...live!

  17. #217

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,855

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    FYI -
    Our Men's Ice Hockey program returns home on Friday October 25th @ 7:00 PM against the University of New Hampshire. Come join us for our Hockey East home opener at a discounted rate. Purchase two tickets online for just $30 (game day retail $46) with NO fees assessed.
    https://merrimackathletics.universit...ckageNewID=102

  18. #218
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    34

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Go ahead and trigger them on Mike Epstein - SUPER JEW! His Dad woudlnt let him sign with the Dodgers because he thought he should become a lawyer, and not turn out to be a bum. That is beautiful. This is the richness that we are losing in this world. If you want sanitized, go to Disney World. Lets stop being triggered, grow a pair, go to high school at 7:45 not 8:45, refuse the participation trophy and all the other nonsense.

    As the great philosopher Ricky Bobby said - "I mean, I wake up in the morning and I **** excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a--just a big, hairy, American winning machine."

  19. #219
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    Robinson in net. Fregona (skating with Crookshank and Blackburn) and Cippolone in. Eriksson and Herrmann out.

    ó-

    End of 1: Shots 6-3, UNH. UNH 1/1 on the PK. UNH 1:58 of PP time to start the second...

    End of 2: Tied at 1. Shots 15-10 UNH. UNH 2/2 on the PK. UNH 1/2 on the PP. Gildon (Kelleher, Grasso) with the PPG...
    Last edited by Dan; 10-18-2019 at 08:45 PM.

  20. #220
    Yandle in The Wind
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    DC/Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

    While the play is making the game somewhat unwatchable, the feed is absolutely atrocious. Seizure-inducing ďskipsĒ in the stream every few seconds. awful.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •