Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

In fairness, UNH was figuring out we were not going to play Friday around the time we all did. They couldn't announce "Postponed. Go Home", they had to announce a plan, which needed agreement from Merrimack, HEA and maybe NESN. For anyone who's eaten Whit food, delaying for concession sales is a stretch.

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Bingo. Some excellent cynical insight into "agendas" on here overnight. Proud of you guys!!
    Thanks. To be clear, it is not a hidden agenda. It is well known that there has been a desire to narrow the rink. (((If))) the dimensions are to change, now is the time to do it. Not pointing this out would be negligent on UNH's part. As for overplaying it, one can't be faulted for trying.

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    We don't know if the age issue is real or just an excuse.
    I think it was written in the "UNH Design Build Services Whittemore Center" project documentation that the existing equipment has been well maintained and has exceeded its life expectancy by several years.

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Y'know ... in the real world, if the same guy was in charge who had become aware of an operational issue, did virtually nothing but stuck his head in the sand, and hoped it wouldn't crop up again - yet it did, costing the company hundreds of thousands of dollars - that person might be in danger of losing their job.
    Hard to believe.

Marty said, "…we do have a proposal and it needs to be approved by the trustees… If we get those approvals.." Approval is for the UNH budget which then has to be approved by the legislature and Governor? Didn't this process happen just a few months ago? The frugal NH thing for the state would be to fund the need (refrigeration system replacement), have UNH fund raise the want (dimension change, amenity addition) $$$.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
      For anyone who's eaten Whit food, delaying for concession sales is a stretch.

$$$.
      :-) ha, ha, ha, :-)

But, I did witness several people buying AND eating the Whit food during the delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        I think it was written in the "UNH Design Build Services Whittemore Center" project documentation that the existing equipment has been well maintained and has exceeded its life expectancy by several years.
        Figurin' and hoping this is what my buddies will be saying about me when I'm still alive at 90, as I enter the "clock-is-ticking-loud" phase, kinda like the Whitt frig infrastructure...

FWIW, around yesterday's SNAFU, I tend to believe the human error, misfit switch tosser theory. There's no way Marty was going to throw that person under the bus, so he supported his project proposal with yesterday's narrative.

That said, I also blindly believe there's more wrong and failing with that frig system than any of us on here can possibly know.
        Shrink-The-Rink, Win a Title

Comment

• Originally posted by bakchk20 View Post
          Figurin' and hoping this is what my buddies will be saying about me when I'm still alive at 90, as I enter the "clock-is-ticking-loud" phase, kinda like the Whitt frig infrastructure...

FWIW, around yesterday's SNAFU, I tend to believe the human error, misfit switch tosser theory. There's no way Marty was going to throw that person under the bus, so he supported his project proposal with yesterday's narrative.

That said, I also blindly believe there's more wrong and failing with that frig system than any of us on here can possibly know.
          Say what you will about BS35+9, he is a stand up guy. :-)

Comment

• 16 save period for Robinson, no score...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              So, this occurred five years ago, and even now could be fixed within hours, but suddently its a shelf life issue? I think he's right that there is an agenda here.
              Won't some librarian just die so we can fund the next vanity project?
              Took the words right out of my mouth Watcher. Can anybody verify that the jumbo scoreboard at Wildcat Stadium truly does enhance the fan experience, at least more than tailgating does? And why was that scoreboard more of a necessity than one at the Whit? If one recalls, the first two years of the Whittemore Center, they used the scoreboards from Snively. Talk about low budget.

We have talked about the down size of the rink ad infinitum, but like the football scoreboard, it’s just another example of chasing fool’s gold. It’s not going to help recruiting one iota, nor will it make any difference when it comes to the program’s overall record. Now, I promise, I’ll shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                Yes, the notion that (a) college sports is "academia" and not business, and (b) the virtues of the business world holding everyone fairly accountable seems more like a delusion talking point. Disappointed Chuck couln't work in a PC/snowflake remark for the trifecta. Try harder, Chuck

We don't know if the age issue is real or just an excuse. The best we can do is be skeptical of explanations coming from the Librarian plunderer.
                You know, compressors, like lighting, have a shelf life. Several years ago it was obvious that the lighting was getting dimmer over the ice and you know what, they replaced it. Couldn’t they tell that the integrity of the ice was an issue oh say, a half dozen years ago, and budgeted for it? Now, instead they will do some jury rigged half butt sort of thing, and fund raise for the big redo which will take longer than expected and only drive up the cost of taking care of the real problem. There are many, many reasons why decision makers in Concord look their nose down on what goes on in Durham (and have done so as long as I can remember), and this is just one example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                  You know, compressors, like lighting, have a shelf life. Several years ago it was obvious that the lighting was getting dimmer over the ice and you know what, they replaced it. Couldn’t they tell that the integrity of the ice was an issue oh say, a half dozen years ago, and budgeted for it? Now, instead they will do some jury rigged half butt sort of thing, and fund raise for the big redo which will take longer than expected and only drive up the cost of taking care of the real problem. There are many, many reasons why decision makers in Concord look their nose down on what goes on in Durham (and have done so as long as I can remember), and this is just one example.
                  Football scoreboard supposedly a major money Makar (I am watching B's-Avs).
                  Last edited by Snively65; 12-07-2019, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                    https://www.seacoastonline.com/sport...pressor-issues

Seems it was a mechanical issue and not someone not doing their job properly, according to this article.
                    Yeah, well that's Marty's spin-zone way of justifying the issue without assigning blame. My info came from someone closer to the scene (i.e., the on-ice staff). There was a fire inspection/drill on Friday, something got screwed up and an alarm system connected to the refrigeration unit was supposed to be activated, but apparently was not operational.

I agree that the refrigeration system should be replaced. Who knows how many times it has malfunctioned in the past and we don't hear about it?
                    UNH

Comment

This season thread is "killin' it," especially compared to the Maine and UVM season threads. :-)

Go Cats in third period at Lawlor!

Comment

Undisciplined play continues to kill the 'Cats, blowing a 2-1 lead fall behind to MC 3-2. Robby Griffin tossed out on 5-minute major, Robinson takes a stupid penalty leading to the go-ahead goal.
                        UNH

Comment

Hmmm, now sounds like we are devolving into Maine and UVM thread territory. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                            If only we had some sort of independent fan group that could fund raise and help subsidize the costs attached to projects like these. Nah, who would need that?
                            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              Undisciplined play continues to kill the 'Cats, blowing a 2-1 lead fall behind to MC 3-2. Robby Griffin tossed out on 5-minute major, Robinson takes a stupid penalty leading to the go-ahead goal.
                              According to CHC 'Mack has the 8th best recruiting class you cant let them back in with penalties...but sounds to me they hurt themselves; too bad need every point.
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-07-2019, 08:33 PM.
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

A couple random questions...what is the deal with tickets tomorrow? I live close and wouldn’t be a bad chance for me to get to college game at the right price. Why would they change the dimensions of the rink? I think the setup they have now is really good and seems like a waste of money to change.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X