Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    So, this occurred five years ago, and even now could be fixed within hours, but suddently its a shelf life issue? I think he's right that there is an agenda here.
    Won't some librarian just die so we can fund the next vanity project?
    I got a flat tire on the way home today, I’m going to buy a new car to make it all better!😩
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
      Even better is the fact that Merrimacks "The Mack Report" put out a tweet of the game being postponed 5-10 minutes before it was announced in the arena. Little to no communication while this was going on in the arena during the limbo of whether the game will happen or not. Terrible marks all around on this one, step up your game UNH. I can accept the s**t happens in terms of the ice issues but at least keep people in the loop of what is going on.
      Yeah we read it too and told the people around us (most didn't budge but that's ok). Agree....it was obvious when the director of hockey opps was on the ice tossing a puck and it didn't budge that it was hopeless.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

90 x 200

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Yeah we read it too and told the people around us (most didn't budge but that's ok). Agree....it was obvious when the director of hockey opps was on the ice tossing a puck and it didn't budge that it was hopeless.
          What about da fish? Going to be really stinky come January.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
            Well this would never happen at the Lawler.
            Fair enough. We dish it out, so we must be willing to take it when deserved. Like this.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              So, this occurred five years ago, and even now could be fixed within hours, but suddently its a shelf life issue? I think he's right that there is an agenda here.
              Won't some librarian just die so we can fund the next vanity project?
              Another totally fair shot. Like some folks say in the political world, never let a good crisis go to waste …

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                I got a flat tire on the way home today, I’m going to buy a new car to make it all better!😩
                Bingo. Some excellent cynical insight into "agendas" on here overnight. Proud of you guys!!

Comment

Y'know ... in the real world, if the same guy was in charge who had become aware of an operational issue, did virtually nothing but stuck his head in the sand, and hoped it wouldn't crop up again - yet it did, costing the company hundreds of thousands of dollars - that person might be in danger of losing their job.

But here in academia, we just blame someone else, stick our hand out for more, and overcorrect.

And everyone gets to keep their job. Heck, they probably get a raise on top of it, too.

Just sayin ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Y'know ... in the real world, if the same guy was in charge who had become aware of an operational issue, did virtually nothing but stuck his head in the sand, and hoped it wouldn't crop up again - yet it did, costing the company hundreds of thousands of dollars - that person might be in danger of losing their job.

But here in academia, we just blame someone else, stick our hand out for more, and overcorrect.

And everyone gets to keep their job. Heck, they probably get a raise on top of it, too.

Just sayin ...
                    Chuck, Do you know that someone "became aware of an operational issue, did nothing but stuck his head in the sand, etc."? Just sayin . . .

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                      Chuck, Do you know that someone "became aware of an operational issue, did nothing but stuck his head in the sand, etc."? Just sayin . . .
                      Yes, the notion that (a) college sports is "academia" and not business, and (b) the virtues of the business world holding everyone fairly accountable seems more like a delusion talking point. Disappointed Chuck couln't work in a PC/snowflake remark for the trifecta. Try harder, Chuck

We don't know if the age issue is real or just an excuse. The best we can do is be skeptical of explanations coming from the Librarian plunderer.
                      Last edited by NCAA watcher; 12-07-2019, 10:16 AM.
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        What about da fish? Going to be really stinky come January.
                        Whaddya mean??? It will be ready to go on Sunday....and even stinkier….if the 'frideration aint up to speed....
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                          Yes, the notion that (a) college sports is "academia" and not business, and (b) the virtues of the business world holding everyone fairly accountable seems more like a delusion talking point. Disappointed Chuck couln't work in a PC/snowflake remark for the trifecta. Try harder, Chuck

We don't know if the age issue is real or just an excuse. The best we can do is be skeptical of explanations coming from the Librarian plunderer.
                          While wringing our hands for over two hours (I arrived at 6 pm) waiting for the game to begin, I was told that UNH made more money in advertising on the big new football scoreboard the first year than would have been made if the $1 mil had been invested in credit default swaps on Wall Street.

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                            Earlier in the thread, it was pointed out that the same thing happened back in 2014. Here we are, 5 years later.

But to be fair, if Scott's information is correct, then it may simply have been a case of operator error ...

From what I heard, the issue centers around a fire inspection that happened today at the Whitt and "someone forgetting to turn on a switch" or "turned on the wrong switch" I don't think that it's because of a failing compressor, it sounds more like someone failing to do their job properly.

But yes, by all means, the AD should be demanding a complete overhaul is in order. Just because.

How 'bout we just fix the compressor and/or train someone to operate it properly???

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Earlier in the thread, it was pointed out that the same thing happened back in 2014. Here we are, 5 years later.

But to be fair, if Scott's information is correct, then it may simply have been a case of operator error ...

From what I heard, the issue centers around a fire inspection that happened today at the Whitt and "someone forgetting to turn on a switch" or "turned on the wrong switch" I don't think that it's because of a failing compressor, it sounds more like someone failing to do their job properly.

But yes, by all means, the AD should be demanding a complete overhaul is in order. Just because.

How 'bout we just fix the compressor and/or train someone to operate it properly???
                              What I find morally offensive is if they knew at 7:15 pm that the game would not get played last night, as suggested above, but kept us in suspense for another hour just to sell off all of the perishable food that vendors had prepared. MLB treats their fans this way all the time, but the possibility that my alma mater did the same sickens me.

Comment

https://www.seacoastonline.com/sport...pressor-issues

Seems it was a mechanical issue and not someone not doing their job properly, according to this article.

Comment

Working...
                                X