Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
    They played like two years ago, what do you expect? Also, almost as many Michigan fans in the stands as UNH. Every time you start to think the program has turned a corner, they prove you wrong. Very disappointing game. Our lack of a sniper or two has been haunting us for years now. Rambling post, but running out of things to say after years of the same ole same ole.
    Wow, was amazed about how many MI fans there were in the house last night! Someone said on a facebook page that they outnumbers us 2 to 1 (fans) not sure that's exact but there were a lot of them there, that's for sure. Yep...a sniper. Crookshank can most def fill that role? And just plain shooting when you have the chance. I look for the 'Cats tonight to put a lot of pucks in front of Mann (if he's starting again but I bet we see a different MI goalie) and hopefully, cash in by crashing in! Go 'Cats!!

Ps....so get your feelings...trying to remain hopeful.
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-23-2019, 09:18 AM.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Wow, was amazed about how many MI fans there were in the house last night! Someone said on a facebook page that they outnumbers us 2 to 1 (fans) not sure that's exact but there were a lot of them there, that's for sure.

Ps....so get your feelings...trying to remain hopeful.
      2-1 was definitely a stretch, but lots of them there. Brand name thing it I think. All kinds of Michigan fans out there that have no affiliation or ties to the school but have always been a Michigan “fan”.

I’ve been trying to remain hopeful for years, but it has become tiresome . We need more talent, bottom line, and we’re just not getting it. I think the only way we have a chance is to luck into a player like we did with Jason Krog, cause I don’t seen any known “Krog like” players knocking on our door. Sad that we now have to hope some late blooming unknown talent falls into our lap.
      GO BLUE!

Comment

2-1 was definitely a stretch, but lots of them there. Brand name thing it I think. All kinds of Michigan fans out there that have no affiliation or ties to the school but have always been a Michigan “fan”.

I’ve been trying to remain hopeful for years, but it has become tiresome . We need more talent, bottom line, and we’re just not getting it. I think the only way we have a chance is to luck into a player like we did with Jason Krog, cause I don’t seen any known “Krog like” players knocking on our door. Sad that we now have to hope some late blooming unknown talent falls into our lap.
        My take was they perhaps had 10-15% of crowd. The gold really stands out. Not very loud fortunately nor obnoxious, and produced a strong showing. I hear you on the bottom lines but I strongly feel we have not done a good job of developing the freshmen class. Yes many are in each nights lineup but we aren't seeing the 3rd and forth lines very often. Yes, I hear you all and am aware that it is scary to play them in close situations. Well that is what we have been in nearly every game for 2 years. When and how do you develop the young guns like Griffin, Hermann etc. when they are in the line up, they are lucky to get 2-3 short shifts a period. Stevenson is the exception and it finally paid dividends last night. From a development perspective that isn't sufficient to carry the team into the rest of the year and future. Anyone notice Fregona last night. Has been used sparingly all season but really came on strong last night even though he had short ice and shifts. At some point (typically early and against specific teams) you have to develop your young players or you are wasting a year in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
          My take was they perhaps had 10-15% of crowd. The gold really stands out. Not very loud fortunately nor obnoxious, and produced a strong showing. I hear you on the bottom lines but I strongly feel we have not done a good job of developing the freshmen class. Yes many are in each nights lineup but we aren't seeing the 3rd and forth lines very often. Yes, I hear you all and am aware that it is scary to play them in close situations. Well that is what we have been in nearly every game for 2 years. When and how do you develop the young guns like Griffin, Hermann etc. when they are in the line up, they are lucky to get 2-3 short shifts a period. Stevenson is the exception and it finally paid dividends last night. From a development perspective that isn't sufficient to carry the team into the rest of the year and future. Anyone notice Fregona last night. Has been used sparingly all season but really came on strong last night even though he had short ice and shifts. At some point (typically early and against specific teams) you have to develop your young players or you are wasting a year in many ways.
          Fregona, YES! He has worked very hard on all the shifts I have seen him play, and, I'd almost venture to say he belongs on the PK. Maybe...I'm nutz with that statement but this is a very underused player IMHO. He hustles every shift. Was particularly strong in the Maine games. At least he's consistent and I think he's doing good work that goes unnoticed for the most part. I worry about the constant jumbling of lines that I think is going to happen going forward, but, I'm not the coach and what do I know? Good points about developing players. Kind of came to this realization after reading your post...may as well play for the future as much as possible...but I'm hoping this team figures itself out going forward. Tonight is a big step in that direction. Go 'Cats!

Comment

UNH HAS attracted some great players but they just don't seem to pan out (which is prob true for other teams, not just us). I could name 'em but we all know who it is so there's no point in crying about players who made other plans etc. So I don't feel it hasn't been for a lack of trying. I mean....just take a look at MI with their talent and where they are? But, I digress because I know what you are saying; has a lot of validity...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Really bad result. Kudos to Michigan for making their adjustments (tightening up on a shaky PK) where UNH did not (en route to a third straight one goal effort)...

A good start to the season has now slipped away...
              One OR FEWER goals in five of last seven. That means Robinson is the only chance you have to win on a typical night. Last night he was no better than the rest of the team. The first goal was a real challenge with the rest of the team out of the play, the other two don’t happen if he’s playing well.
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                One OR FEWER goals in five of last seven
                No pure goal scorers, been the problem for too long now. All these guys that could of.... should of... would of.... Crookshank, Grasso, Kelleher, Blackburn, etc, etc. but no exceptional talent. Just a bunch of guys that are pretty good. Not their fault we lump all our hopes on them, but they just don’t match up to top tier talent.
                Last edited by d.gerry; 11-23-2019, 03:31 PM.
                GO BLUE!

Comment

UNH Football beats a good Maine team today to recapture the Musket!
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Well, at least the musket is back where it belongs.
                    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      UNH Football beats a good Maine team today to recapture the Musket!
                      Wow, you beat me by like 11 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                        Wow, you beat me by like 11 seconds.
                        That's cuz I cheated and posted before the game actually ended. Sorry DC!
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Liking what I'm seeing for lines tonight!! GO 'CATS!!

Comment

CBS app again not working. ‘Fatal error’

Terrible. Updates, please.

Comment

2-2 after two. Another choppy game.

Comment

Crookshank unassisted after a sloppy Michigan turnover in their zone, and Gildon on the PP Blackfoot slapper.

Comment

Working...
                                X