Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I was too young to see 'em when they were at the top of their game (early/mid '70's), and when I first saw them circa '77/'78 on the Works tour - right after they'd had to drop their private touring symphony orchestra due to the exorbitant costs - it was still a spectacle, and probably the greatest live show I've ever seen in terms of pure musicianship. With Rush, Deep Purple and Led Zep included BTW.
    Chuck, how many times have you seen Rush? I'm lucky to have seen them once, Counterparts tour, although at that age I really didn't appreciate what I was seeing... like several other shows I had been to at an early age. Many of them I was there to see opening bands for the big acts... and yes I'll accept the flak I receive for this... Candlebox opening for Rush... Ugly Kid Joe for Ozzy Osbourne (go easy on me). By night's end I was blown away by the bigger acts at least so I have that going for me.

Now my kids are piling up a good list of shows attended already at a young age and I personally couldn't be more happier to take them! And they have pretty good taste in music, admittedly.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Chuck, how many times have you seen Rush? I'm lucky to have seen them once, Counterparts tour, although at that age I really didn't appreciate what I was seeing... like several other shows I had been to at an early age. Many of them I was there to see opening bands for the big acts... and yes I'll accept the flak I receive for this... Candlebox opening for Rush... Ugly Kid Joe for Ozzy Osbourne (go easy on me). By night's end I was blown away by the bigger acts at least so I have that going for me.

Now my kids are piling up a good list of shows attended already at a young age and I personally couldn't be more happier to take them! And they have pretty good taste in music, admittedly.
      Probably seen Rush over a dozen times, but a lot of that was late '70's through the mid-'80's, maybe the last time (so far?) was in the '90's. Didn't like their direction in the late '80's so we went our separate ways for awhile. I still think their peak was probably Moving Pictures, and after that Signals was decent as was Grace and Power Windows but like UNH Hockey started to slide slowly after 2003, Rush had a slide after Moving Pictures. Everything between 2112 and Moving Pictures is indispensable Rush IMO. But as a live act, they've always been worth it, they've never ignored their prime stuff, even when they were selling subpar music later on. And now they don't have to worry about selling Roll the Bones crap.

I had tickets to see Ozzy on the tour when Randy Rhodes got killed a few days earlier in an airplane crash. Something came up, had to miss it (saw him once before with the original Sabbath), always wished I'd seen that one. Actually came to enjoy the Dio version of Sabbath for a few years while that lasted, too. Good times.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Is anything happening in Durham this weekend?

Greg, I am with you on baseball, especially the regular season.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
          Is anything happening in Durham this weekend?

Greg, I am with you on baseball, especially the regular season.
          Well, couldn’t get a table or a bar seat at Libby’s at 5:15. Stuck over by the pool table.
          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
            Well, couldn’t get a table or a bar seat at Libby’s at 5:15. Stuck over by the pool table.
            We’re leaving now. You can have our hightop. 😉
            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Does anyone have suggestions in how to stream NESN for the hockey game since I don't live in the local NESN market?

Comment

• Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                Does anyone have suggestions in how to stream NESN for the hockey game since I don't live in the local NESN market?
                Can’t be done. You need a home cable/satellite subscription that has NESN in order to validate that you’re a customer. To the best of my knowledge, anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Probably seen Rush over a dozen times, but a lot of that was late '70's through the mid-'80's, maybe the last time (so far?) was in the '90's. Didn't like their direction in the late '80's so we went our separate ways for awhile. I still think their peak was probably Moving Pictures, and after that Signals was decent as was Grace and Power Windows but like UNH Hockey started to slide slowly after 2003, Rush had a slide after Moving Pictures. Everything between 2112 and Moving Pictures is indispensable Rush IMO. But as a live act, they've always been worth it, they've never ignored their prime stuff, even when they were selling subpar music later on. And now they don't have to worry about selling Roll the Bones crap.

I had tickets to see Ozzy on the tour when Randy Rhodes got killed a few days earlier in an airplane crash. Something came up, had to miss it (saw him once before with the original Sabbath), always wished I'd seen that one. Actually came to enjoy the Dio version of Sabbath for a few years while that lasted, too. Good times.
                  So much to say re: the Toronto trio, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Suffice it to say Rush was MY ELP.

For now, it’s time to crush BC

Comment

Can’t be done. You need a home cable/satellite subscription that has NESN in order to validate that you’re a customer. To the best of my knowledge, anyway
                    True, however, if you have or have access to log-in information you can download the NESN app and stream HE games being broadcast on either NESN or NESN-plus...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

I know it’s not the first time, but it’s hard to believe just how empty the Whit is tonight.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

13 minutes, no SOG. And that is EXACTLY how it feels

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          I know it’s not the first time, but it’s hard to believe just how empty the Whit is tonight.
                          Always tough on a Friday night I mean it's not exactly a morgue...wouldn't call it empty. Game is lack luster tho...
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

13 minutes, no SOG. And that is EXACTLY how it feels
                            Yeppppp 'Cats making every trip down a chore. But we did put some pressure finally. Gotta kill the rest of this penalty.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Oh, Mike Robinson! Say it ain't so. Nice video review from the rafters. I am watching on NESN tonight.

FO's even 19-19 after two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Oh, Mike Robinson! Say it ain't so. Nice video review from the rafters. I am watching on NESN tonight.

FO's even 19-19 after two.
                                Hes playing a great game go 'Cats!!!!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X