Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Chuck, I think you are giving too much credit to Murray on Bogie's final goal in Snively, and I know that we have gone over this point before. Wish that someone could produce a film clip of that one. Watcher?
    Happy to be proven wrong if that's the real take … my recollection has always been that Murray (no immediate relation BTW) made a play moving up the left wing boards, and chipped the puck across to the front, where Bogey crashed it in from close range to close the old barn in style (for hockey anyway; I think they had a concert or two afterwards?). BC was coached at the time by Steve "Count" Cedorchuk, who got his nickname for infamously losing track of how many scholarships he had committed to at some point during his ill-fated two years in charge. That was his last game in charge at BC as well IIRC.

I'm pretty sure the game was on NESN that night, but we were there - all three of us at the time, for the first time (our youngest would arrive in mid-1995). That was our eldest's first game, and she is now almost 30, teaches HS English at her alma mater, and was down for the count by the time the first OT was finished. I think the GWG produced a sound that was loud enough to wake her up (ever so briefly). She was 4 years old then. She'd also fall asleep 5 years later in Worcester a few minutes before Darren Haydar won that one in OT to send the 'Cats back to the FF. Kid had quite the knack of sleeping through history.

I'd really love to see a clip of the '94 Snively finale, just for old times' sake, regardless whether I've remembered correctly or not.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Full house?
      No, not close. Maybe 2/3 full. North Dakota hasn’t been North Dakota the last few years - that’s probably a factor. If they keep winning crowds will probably fill up a bit. Miami is also not going to draw out the fan base like a Denver, UMD or Minnesota either, I’d guess...

Lastly, tickets are really expensive. Cheapest seat in the back row of the upper deck was around 45 dollars at face value. They use Ticketmaster too so with fees tickets were closer to 60 a pop. Oddly enough I was able to get a ticket ten rows off the ice for the same price as the back row ticket (so that’s something) but 60 bucks to even get in the building is wild for college hockey. Makes those GA seats at the Whitt seem like a bargain...

The rink absolutely lives up to its reputation for opulence and luxury though. It is an impressive building. Really it’s a pro building in nearly every way. Miami hung tough - but went down, 5-4...
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

Two great posts just above for late on a Saturday night! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
          I had the pleasure of having him be my first professional sports autograph, following a slow-pitch softball league game in Rochester.

Sounds like he’s had a rough patch since retirement. There was an article in the Washington Post in the early 90’s that sort of foreshadowed tough times to come.
          Good for you on the card. I have one of his cards stashed away. The one and only autographed card I have is a John LeClair(of UVM fame!) card.
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            The one and only autographed card I have is a John LeClair(of UVM fame!) card.
            Almost UNHer. Kullen thought we would get him after we beat Vermont that year but he still chose the hometeam over us.
            The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

Who's heading to DHam today for the 1:00 tilt? I'm excited to see us take on UMass. Watched a lot of other HE games since we were off and know we'll have our hands full today (and beyond from what I saw in those games). Will our #1 PP come through? Can we hold off their speed? No prediction from HR today, instead, a haiku:

'Cats have a big test
              Thinking it goes either way
              Make some HE noise

GO 'CATS!!
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-10-2019, 07:17 AM.
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                Almost UNHer. Kullen thought we would get him after we beat Vermont that year but he still chose the hometeam over us.
                Would have been a good get. He was a beast!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Who's heading to DHam today for the 1:00 tilt? I'm excited to see us take on UMass. Watched a lot of other HE games since we were off and know we'll have our hands full today (and beyond from what I saw in those games). Will our #1 PP come through? Can we hold off their speed? No prediction from HR today, instead, a haiku:

'Cats have a big test
                  Make some HE noise

GO 'CATS!!
                  I’ll be there. Prediction? Talent plus coaching wins. Fortunately, that didn’t work with B.C. 😱
                  Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                    I’ll be there. Prediction? Talent plus coaching wins. Fortunately, that didn’t work with B.C. 😱
                    hahahaha yeah, but don't tell the Beagles that. We still gotta play them 2 more times this season and they looked pretty darn good all weekend. See you there! GO 'CATS!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

'Cats have a big test
                      Make some HE noise

GO 'CATS!!
                      Always up for a haiku challenge ..... how about

Stacked firewood,
                      expectations -
                      Wildcats gathering strength.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                        Always up for a haiku challenge ..... how about

Stacked firewood,
                        expectations -
                        Wildcats gathering strength.
                        I'll move your haiku back to recruiting
                        Former NHL star Steve Leach still remembers his one and only recruiting trip to the University of New Hampshire. Late Wildcats hockey coach Charlie Holt was the host on that day in 1983, and it was, by most accounts, not your typical take the tour, meet the guys, try the food sort of affair.

In fact, it was hard work.

“I stacked a couple cords of wood at Coach Holt’s house in Durham,” Leach said with a laugh. “After that one trip, I knew it was the right place for me.”
                        The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

Blackburn on 2nd line today with Grasso and Stevenson...GO 'CATS
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

NESN app not showing game. Showing NE Hockey Journal. Super annoying
                            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                              Yes just checked NESN and no game on.
                              What did you say?
                              Who own the Chiefs?
                              What did he say?
                              Owns! Owns!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                                Showing the same on TV. So annoying

Comment

Working...
                                X