Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verrier with the laser 'Cats up 4-2
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• The "Erics" make it happen MacAdams with his second in as many games 5-2 'Cats

Comment

• Way to hang tough and secure the win. Blackburn looked good centering that line with Kelleher and Crookshank. Enjoy the break see you at Army!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Cannot get smug just because we are above 0.500 by one game, as we already blew 2 points last night that we really needed. Army will be the toughest of the five games, I think, as they are/were on top of Atlantic Hockey. Bentley split with them at Tate Arena this weekend. Happy holidays everyone, while our team practices hard on soft Whitt ice.
          Last edited by Snively65; 12-08-2019, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Wow, Friday night ticket holders passed up the opportunity to pick up free tickets tonight to two more games of their choosing this season?
            The "free ticket" deal is good until the end of the regular season, ticketholders just need to present tonight's (Friday's) ticket at the box office at any time to claim their two free tickets.

As a side note....the 500-600 fans that were there (including myself and the Mrs.) saw a heckuva game tonight. Better than watching the Patriots collapse.
            UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
              The "free ticket" deal is good until the end of the regular season, ticketholders just need to present tonight's (Friday's) ticket at the box office at any time to claim their two free tickets.

As a side note....the 500-600 fans that were there (including myself and the Mrs.) saw a heckuva game tonight. Better than watching the Patriots collapse.
              Thanks! I will let the person to whom I gave my ticket know; hope that he did not toss them after the game tonight.

Meanwhile, with 8 HEA points, we are in 9th place, behind Maine, Yukon, and BC with 10 points. But, we have 4 games in hand over Maine and 2 games in hand over Yukon. :-)
              Last edited by Snively65; 12-08-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Couldn't agree more...I thought the 'Cats played a consistent game; lots of offensive zone time and answered each time 'Mack pushed 'em. That kind of play of course is necessary with what's coming; MS7 says their 'best hockey is ahead of them' so looking forward to that. Now for a deserved break and enjoy the holidaze! Go 'Cats!

Comment

The story of this season remains to be written, and it'll be written based on how the second half plays out.

The first half has been a tough read … some big wins (UMass, BC) and some regrettable losses (Bentley, 'Mack) to balance that out. Some late wins, and some late game mistakes to give away points (thinking mostly of that UMaine game). All arguably classic signs of a promising young team and a new coach trying to figure things out together. If UNH won the two games we all think they shouldn't have lost, and lost the two games we might not have expected them to win, then we're still looking at a one game over .500 team.

Better than last season's slow start, and we even got a W or two from the back-up goalie we're still waiting on to emerge and take a run at the (deserved) two-year starter. At least in that respect … plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose. It would be nice to see the program finish the season strong, post a winning record, and maybe make some post-season noise to cap it off. Maybe enough to convince our best player to stick around for his senior season - pushing our luck, where many didn't think he'd be here as a junior.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and the happiest of holidays to all of my pals on USCHO.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Cannot get smug just because we are above 0.500 by one game, as we already blew 2 points last night that we really needed. Army will be the toughest of the five games, I think, as they are/were on top of Atlantic Hockey. Bentley split with them at Tate Arena this weekend. Happy holidays everyone, while our team practices hard on soft Whitt ice.
                    +1

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    There were three pretty compelling NFL games on yesterday. Just sayin'.

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Better than last season's slow start, and we even got a W or two from the back-up goalie we're still waiting on to emerge and take a run at the (deserved) two-year starter. At least in that respect … plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose. It would be nice to see the program finish the season strong, post a winning record, and maybe make some post-season noise to cap it off. Maybe enough to convince our best player to stick around for his senior season - pushing our luck, where many didn't think he'd be here as a junior.
                    Myself included, not factoring in how young he was and still is. Fingers crossed.

From the HEA recap:
                    - With the win, the Wildcats are now 5-1-0 at home.
                    - UNH is 5-2-0 this season after a loss.
                    - Taylor is now 3-0-0, with tonight being his second win versus Merrimack.
                    - Tonight was Stevenson's first multi-point game.
                    - Kelleher leads the team with three game-winning goals.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      Great idea! It could be called The Friends of UNH Hockey. Oh wait.....
                      Trust me when I say this that the FOH could never have raised the amount of money needed to install a new compressor. Outside of the golf tournament, the money raised was nickel and dime stuff. And once the Friends was melded into the Athletic Department almost 20 years ago, the days of the Friends calling the shots was over.

Comment

Nice to see Fr. Chase Stevenson getting acknowledgment for his exploits Sunday (from HE):

Chase Stevenson, UNH (Fr., F; West Kelowna, B.C.) Posted two goals and one assist as UNH went 1-1-0 against Merrimack. On Sunday he netted the goal that gave the Wildcats a 2-0 lead and posted an assist on the last goal of the contest in the 5-2 win. He has three goals and three assists for six points this season.

Personally I like what I see from the Frosh; building some nice depth. Also kudos to Charlie Kelleher who's 3 GWG's (of his 5) are tops in HE. Verrier...getting better every game. I do believe we have another Dman who can score goals!!

Comment

Working...
                        X