Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    46-26 in second half, but more important, UNH held the team from Waco to under 100 points!
    I can’t imagine a worse match-up for a team from UNH in all of NCAA WBB - others may be better (UConn, ND, Oregon, etc) but Baylor is almost always especially BIG...

UMass and speed skating teams of that ilk have been that sort of match-up for UNH Hockey the last few seasons, let’s hope they’ve figured somethings out and fare much better than WBB on Sunday...

As for the hoop teams - it’s just super strange to see one team blown out in such fashion and the other blow out an opponent by a similarly ugly score all on the same night...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• I dont really care about the Bruins losing to the 'Habs (they played better TRask didnt have a great game does he ever against them). But seriously over the course of this young NHL season replays have cost the Bruins 5 goals? Harrumph. Sure it works both ways but I join in the chorus about replays being a negative factor in ALL sports.

EDIT: I just read Rask has beaten the Habs 6 straight time at the Bell Centre so I guess I stand corrected on his performance v Montreal...
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-06-2019, 02:28 PM.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        I dont really care about the Bruins losing to the 'Habs (they played better TRask didnt have a great game does he ever against them). But seriously over the course of this young NHL season replays have cost the Bruins 5 goals? Harrumph. Sure it works both ways but I join in the chorus about replays being a negative factor in ALL sports.
        Go Habs .... and I love baseball ......

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
          Go Habs .... and I love baseball ......
          hahaha nice to 'see you' here sonar!
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Anyone think that there will not be tickets available at the gate on Sunday afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Anyone think that there will not be tickets available at the gate on Sunday afternoon?
              I'm sure there will be plenty available. Attendance has been getting a bit better, but not anywhere near a sellout.
              GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Def.going to be a big challenge as you say they are returning a talented bunch led by John Leonard et al
                We know this going in and am hoping the 'Cats hold their own. As long as they play them tough I'm happy.
                You are so right about UMass and their speed and skill. We will need full team defense in all 3 zones. Under the title "what do folks think?" what was up with my man Liam starting the game as 4th line center. Okay, he has been under anyone's (certainly his) expectations around scoring. But he just hasn't been able to break through on what I see as his bread and butter - low slot or in the dirty areas on a put back.
                After every game I say, man love this guys efforts he is one of the best at getting the puck away from or past.... Not sure why the wake up call but as we saw, once returned to his line he delivered. It was taken away but the impact probably remained.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                  You are so right about UMass and their speed and skill. We will need full team defense in all 3 zones. Under the title "what do folks think?" what was up with my man Liam starting the game as 4th line center. Okay, he has been under anyone's (certainly his) expectations around scoring. But he just hasn't been able to break through on what I see as his bread and butter - low slot or in the dirty areas on a put back.
                  After every game I say, man love this guys efforts he is one of the best at getting the puck away from or past.... Not sure why the wake up call but as we saw, once returned to his line he delivered. It was taken away but the impact probably remained.
                  I sense his frustrations perhaps but...he is very, very capable!!! This is it for him (college) so I'm sure he's looking to go out with a bang. Sometimes he goes in spurts so let's see one of those this weekend....GO 'CATS!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                    Ps...your summations of the incoming Minutemen is a good one! Need everyone to step up big...GO 'CATS!!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                      Blackburn played bottom six minutes in 11 of the first 12 games last season, too. It was a point of discussion at the time. His only goal of the first ten games, in 2018-19, was in the opener at CC - the one game (of the first 12) he played in the top six (with Grasso and BVR)...

He finally forced their hand scoring in each game against Miami and played first or second line the rest of the season. He tied Crookshank for the team lead in goals over the final 26 games, when finally given his due...

He seems to be back in the doghouse (to at least some degree) to start this season. Honestly, it just seems that the staff favors other players in the top six and don’t believe in him as one of their best scoring options. He grabbed that role in spite of this last season and he needs to do it again this season. UNH needs double digit goals from Blackburn if they’re thinking of making an NCAA run, IMO...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Blackburn played bottom six minutes in 11 of the first 12 games last season, too. It was a point of discussion at the time. His only goal of the first ten games, in 2018-19, was in the opener at CC - the one game (of the first 12) he played in the top six (with Grasso and BVR)...

He finally forced their hand scoring in each game against Miami and played first or second line the rest of the season. He tied Crookshank for the team lead in goals over the final 26 games, when finally given his due...

He seems to be back in the doghouse (to at least some degree) to start this season. Honestly, it just seems that the staff favors other players in the top six and don’t believe in him as one of their best scoring options. He grabbed that role in spite of this last season and he needs to do it again this season. UNH needs double digit goals from Blackburn if they’re thinking of making an NCAA run, IMO...
                        Something seems very strange to me here. Last season, Liam was one of only three UNH players to score double-digit goals, and tied Naz and Angus to lead team with 23 points. Season before, Liam was the only player to score double-figure goals, and was second on team with 21 points. And, his freshman year he scored 9 goals, for 18 points, of course overshadowed by freshman classmate Grasso, who benefited from time on the first PP unit with TyK. The freshman from Liam's class who has disappeared is Fregona, playing only in 10 games each of the past two seasons after playing in 31 games his first year. This whole thing is weird, weird, weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Something seems very strange to me here. Last season, Liam was one of only three UNH players to score double-digit goals, and tied Naz and Angus to lead team with 23 points. Season before, Liam was the only player to score double-figure goals, and was second on team with 21 points. And, his freshman year he scored 9 goals, for 18 points, of course overshadowed by freshman classmate Grasso, who benefited from time on the first PP unit with TyK. The freshman from Liam's class who has disappeared is Fregona, playing only in 10 games each of the past two seasons after playing in 31 games his first year. This whole thing is weird, weird, weird.
                          The alternative is that they actually believe in Blackburn so much that they think he can score 10+ goals no matter who he plays with and are hoping to develop depth of scoring lines. I’m not sure that’s the case either - to me he seems like one of their better scorers IF he’s playing with some of their other top talent, so get him on a line with top-six line mates ASAP...

It is a strange situation to figure and two years in a row raises some questions for sure...

—-

Just in case it interests anyone (not that it necessarily should - but it excites me), I’m off on a last minute roadie and will be catching games at Minnesota-Duluth (vs Denver) and North Dakota (vs Miami) for the first time this week. On top of that, North Dakota will be state 49 for me. Followed up with streaming UNH/UMass on Sunday, somewhere along the Great Plains or lost in a National Park. Nice little weekend...
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

The alternative is that they actually believe in Blackburn so much that they think he can score 10+ goals no matter who he plays with and are hoping to develop depth of scoring lines. I’m not sure that’s the case either - to me he seems like one of their better scorers IF he’s playing with some of their other top talent, so get him on a line with top-six line mates ASAP...

It is a strange situation to figure and two years in a row raises some questions for sure...

—-

Just in case it interests anyone (not that it necessarily should - but it excites me), I’m off on a last minute roadie and will be catching games at Minnesota-Duluth (vs Denver) and North Dakota (vs Miami) for the first time this week. On top of that, North Dakota will be state 49 for me. Followed up with streaming UNH/UMass on Sunday, somewhere along the Great Plains or lost in a National Park. Nice little weekend...
                            Ha, ha, Dan. Someone needs to pull the "number of arenas visited" thread out of the archives so that you can add these to your list. :-) Safe travels to the northern tier. I have been to the southwest corner of North Dakota to stand on the state's high point.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Yes, gilded company for Gildon in those two. Langway also played his two years at UNH at 18-20 years old.
                              Langway also played linebacker on a post season qualifying UNH football team. Hard to believe i actually saw those games, but the wheel does turn doesn't it ....

Comment

—-

Duluth is a great little town. We have a big operations site up there so I’ve been there many times. Really good people, MAD about their Bulldogs. Enjoy your trip, Dan! (Pick up some “ballroom jeans” at Duluth Trading on the way out of town &#128516
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X