Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Looks like The Whitt is continuing to show its advancing age (hard to believe it's been 24 years now).
    Crazy, huh? Time for the upgrade, methinks.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Oh, wow, I love these questions, HR.

I can add to Chuck's Mike Radja (15/16) and Steve Saviano (17/18+18/19, when BS35+9 set up UNH for this tournament?), the following:

Our Hemingway bros (Colin and Brett) and Josh Prudden all together in 10/11, and Steve O'Brien in 05/06.

https://***********/Ami_Giants35/status/1200443699890720769
      "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
      Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
      NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
      EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
      AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
      1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

CollegeHockeyStats.net lists tonight's game as postponed, so whatever mechanical problem needed fixing was more serious than originally thought...
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

• Rescheduled to Sunday at 7....still playing tomorrow night
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Rescheduled to Sunday at 7....still playing tomorrow night
            But, tomorrow night's game is in that dump of a rink in North Andover. Who knows, maybe Sunday's game will be moved there also? Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Comment

They have known they are playing with fire in that compressor room, tonight it finally bit them. Will be interesting to see if it is fixed in time for the womens game tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                They have known they are playing with fire in that compressor room, tonight it finally bit them. Will be interesting to see if it is fixed in time for the womens game tomorrow night.
                Dig up Whitt now and play remaining home games in Manchghanistan?

Comment

From what I heard, the issue centers around a fire inspection that happened today at the Whitt and "someone forgeting to turn on a switch" or "turned on the wrong switch" I don't think that it's because of a failing compressor, it sounds more like someone failing to do their job properly.

I would think that the games tomorrow and Sunday at the Whitt should be good to go.
                  UNH

Comment

Well it wouldn't be at SNHU, since the "Kings of NH Hockey" are gone they have a lot of scheduled concerts and events that will actually fill the arena and a lot of UNH's remaining home games would be in conflict. I doubt they have a contingency plan to do anything outside of the Whitt at this point, could be interesting if the failures continue.

Cancellation Notice / Comments on the arena from BS35+something

Comment

Well this would never happen at the Lawler.

Comment

Even better is the fact that Merrimacks "The Mack Report" put out a tweet of the game being postponed 5-10 minutes before it was announced in the arena. Little to no communication while this was going on in the arena during the limbo of whether the game will happen or not. Terrible marks all around on this one, step up your game UNH. I can accept the s**t happens in terms of the ice issues but at least keep people in the loop of what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          From what I heard, the issue centers around a fire inspection that happened today at the Whitt and "someone forgeting to turn on a switch" or "turned on the wrong switch" I don't think that it's because of a failing compressor, it sounds more like someone failing to do their job properly.

I would think that the games tomorrow and Sunday at the Whitt should be good to go.
                          The article details how the incident had to do with the compressors and how they are reaching the end of their useful life.https://www.seacoastonline.com/sport...pressor-issues

Comment

UNH experienced a similar incident in November of 2014 before a game against Providence.....

“The ice surface is precarious and we do have a proposal and it needs to be approved by the trustees, the rebuild,” Scarano said. “This is the whole thing about re-sizing the arena. There’s a whole big agenda out there. This is all part of it. If we get those approvals, which we anticipate happening, even the compressors and all that was mechanical that failed tonight will be replaced, too. We’ll have a brand new infrastructure.

“The infrastructure has reached its shelf life,” he added. “The mechanical system and the ice surface (have) reached (their) life expectancy and we need to get this done.”
                            So, this occurred five years ago, and even now could be fixed within hours, but suddently its a shelf life issue? I think he's right that there is an agenda here.
                            Won't some librarian just die so we can fund the next vanity project?
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

Even through the blue tinted glasses... embarrassing. Thankful for them letting the Beast of the East play and great to see the band supplementing and dancing to the PA music when it was played. Chatting with three of our fine musicians, they had a few tunes left in the repertoire. It was also nice standing around chatting and catching up with friends. Still, not good.

Oops, I tried to reply here a half ago, but my post vanished. Traffic was especially slow going this afternoon, so I made my way straight to the Whitt around 6 pm. But, word is that the game will not begin until after 8 pm because of mechanical problems. So, you can hang at Libby's for a while longer, but they will not let us out now that we are in. Gotta profit by selling more beer and food for the next hour?
                              They let me out and back in, admittedly I was out only for about 15 minutes.

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                              Crazy, huh? Time for the upgrade, methinks.
                              Silver lining is that this emphasizes the need for the infrastructure upgrade, makes it very difficult for those in Concord and around the state to argue the need. I wonder if the trustees might approve the refrigeration update, but not the ice width change.

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Ouch. Whatever happened, there was initially standing water behind the student end goal. It froze, but I think the concern was the ice hardness. They were doing temperature checks with a hand held thermometer and sliding pucks across the ice to gauge resistance. It was noticeably warm throughout the arena.

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                              Well it wouldn't be at SNHU, since the "Kings of NH Hockey" are gone they have a lot of scheduled concerts and events that will actually fill the arena and a lot of UNH's remaining home games would be in conflict. I doubt they have a contingency plan to do anything outside of the Whitt at this point, could be interesting if the failures continue.

Cancellation Notice / Comments on the arena from BS35+something
                              Thanks for the link. Marty sounds beyond frustrated. The SNHUrena has conflicts 1/18, 1/25, 2/14. Even with no conflicts, a distant plan B.

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                              Even better is the fact that Merrimacks "The Mack Report" put out a tweet of the game being postponed 5-10 minutes before it was announced in the arena. Little to no communication while this was going on in the arena during the limbo of whether the game will happen or not. Terrible marks all around on this one, step up your game UNH. I can accept the s**t happens in terms of the ice issues but at least keep people in the loop of what is going on.
                              Yeah, this was bad. The most up to date (and it wasn't) source was @UNHMHOCKEY. Common sense, team not dressed, had not warmed up and simple math had us talking postponement by 7:15. 15 minutes before the announcement the water bottles were being retrieved from the benches and penalty boxes. Duh.

Hey!
                              Last edited by Darius; 12-07-2019, 03:47 PM.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                                So, this occurred five years ago, and even now could be fixed within hours, but suddently its a shelf life issue? I think he's right that there is an agenda here.
                                Won't some librarian just die so we can fund the next vanity project?
                                +1
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X