No announcement yet.

UML Recruiting: Finally in the 20s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting: Finally in the 20s!

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I'm getting old!
    I feel the same way.

Comment

In the 16th Round last night, Cedar Rapids drafted Roux Bazin ... Coach Norm Bazin's nephew. He's an '03, last played in the MJHL. Neutral Zone rates him as a 3.5/5*.

Regardless ... if all these guys make their respective teams, Lowell could have Allen, Blanchard, Harper, Cole and the Trumans all in the USHL.
      Based on my count there's currently 14 forwards, 15 if Allen comes in. It looks like there's room for another forward or two. A solid grad transfer would be nice. It appears the NCAA will delay any decision on changes to the transfer rule so Josh Latta will have to sit a year.

Comment

Merrimack picks up a 2003 4*.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

NAHL Supplemental Draft is ongoing now.

Amateur players less than 21 years of age on December 31, 2020 who are not listed on an NAHL team roster or are listed on an NAHL team roster but played less than (10) NAHL regular season and/or playoff games during the 2019-20 season and did not accept a tender from an NAHL team prior to the 2020 NAHL Supplemental Draft are eligible for selection in the draft.

Jack Bayless was the 57th Pick of the Draft, taken by New Mexico. He played last year for the Wenatchee Wild (BCHL). He put up a 5-12-17 in 51 games there.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Based on my count there's currently 14 forwards, 15 if Allen comes in. It looks like there's room for another forward or two. A solid grad transfer would be nice. It appears the NCAA will delay any decision on changes to the transfer rule so Josh Latta will have to sit a year.
            Uah done still he sits out one year

Comment

• Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
              Uah done still he sits out one year
              I was wondering that. News is fresh. You sure they won’t give him
              a waiver now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                I was wondering that. News is fresh. You sure they won’t give him
                a waiver now?
                He. Can play. Barry talked to coach this year hope we play

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                  He. Can play. Barry talked to coach this year hope we play

Comment

Interesting only one player on that list is committed, and it's Brunette. The player that led all rookies in scoring (Dovar Tinling, an '03) has a brother that's committed to UVM.
                    I pointed this one out a couple of months ago for a reason. The younger brother has also now committed to UVM (Dovar Tinling).
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Brett is an '00 and is listed by Neutral Zone as a 3.5/5. He was taken in the 12th round (#169) by Sioux City. He currently plays in the BCHL.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../brett-roloson
                      Roloson is a decent player who seemed to find a spot in Powell River. He sees the ice well and has good offensive upside (certainly better hands than his dad). I think that he should stay in the BCHL this year rather than move again to play in the USHL. He will get more ice time.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
                        Roloson is a decent player who seemed to find a spot in Powell River. He sees the ice well and has good offensive upside (certainly better hands than his dad). I think that he should stay in the BCHL this year rather than move again to play in the USHL. He will get more ice time.
                        Thanks for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
                          he seemed to do pretty good for himself with that half ice saucer pass
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• NAHL draft took place today.

Lowell Alum Dwayne Roloson's son (who was also taken in this year's USHL draft) was picked in the 2nd Round by Shreveport. No Lowell commits were chosen (I don't believe).
                            Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Re: UML Recruiting: Finally in the 20s!

I pointed this one out a couple of months ago for a reason. The younger brother has also now committed to UVM (Dovar Tinling).
                              @MarkDivver 2h.
                              @UVMmhockey announces freshmen class, including promising '03 Dovar Tinling. At 17, Tinling will be one of youngest players in college hockey. Eligible for '21 NHL Draft.
                              @MikeMcMahonCHN raised possibility of Tinling accelerating several weeks ago.

https://uvmathletics.com/news/2020/7...led-story.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                NAHL draft took place today.

Lowell Alum Dwayne Roloson's son (who was also taken in this year's USHL draft) was picked in the 2nd Round by Shreveport. No Lowell commits were chosen (I don't believe).
                                Barry Scanlon
                                Forward Brett Roloson, the son of ex-UMass Lowell star goaltender Dwayne Roloson, commits to Lake Superior. Roloson a forward for Powell River of the BCHL.

Comment

Working...
                                X