This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      You think I am angry?
      It seems, "You have anger issues" is once again the favorite ad hom for those who don't want to debate the facts or admit their opinion might be wrong, even if they insist on clinging to it.

We used to do this with Old Pio all the time when we got tired of his shtick, I can see right through it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        You ARE a plute, as I doubt they're serving tap water and spam at those Beltway cocktail parties that you attend weekly, but no points off for your lack of self awareness. Nothing which you've written has Sanders as a more viable candidate than Warren even by your own criteria, which was my original question. Not only is Warren better suited to take on the powers that be, given that she seems to have a more detailed grasp of what needs to be done and how, but she doesn't have Sanders negatives or his health issues. Chump won not because he was the most far right candidate. He won because his racism and xenophobia are exactly where the GOP base is despite what the media has been trying to tell us. There is no indication, based on his struggles thus far this year, than Sanders is the best representative of the party or he wouldn't be consistently running in 3rd place.
        You're still not getting it. Warren (or perhaps even Biden) is the ideal candidate for the Democratic party as currently constituted. Sanders is the ideal candidate to bring new people into the electorate. Well, AOC is, but Bernie's what we've got today.

Also: I'm not a Plute, I'm an elitist snob. There's a big difference. Plutes own the means of production. I don't. Even the sad sack worker bees who fire up the engines of global finance are more guilty of complicity than I. (As a sad sack worker bee who fires up the engine of global weapons manufacture I'm third.)

I don't expect the Great Unwashed Poors to know the difference when they have finally had enough and rise up and fricassee everybody with assets > $1M and I'm absolutely willing to take that ride provided the rest get the national razor, too. We deserve it -- we had some power to do good and did not. A Keplerless world, beheaded of the 1%, is a far, far better thing than the status quo.

And in any case it's not like I'm doing anybody any good trying to educate "moderate" useful idiots whose class fears the actual Plutes manipulate to prevent the significant changes we need. Someday capitalism will be on the trash heap along with totalitarianism and feudalism and warlordism. It was a necessary stage that went from liberator in the 16th century to oppressor in the 19th. Just as with all the prior systems it's stayed way past its period of usefulness because the powers that be don't give up without being shown the door. They will be shown it. And then the successor liberating system will eventually become a business and then a racket and on the world will turn forever.
        Last edited by Kepler; 10-08-2019, 05:35 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I have a question...and I am sure it is really dumb but I just got to know. If Impeachment is BS and all of this is made up...why not just let everyone see everything and prove it? Dont the Law and Order Republicans always say "if you havent done anything wrong you have nothing to worry about"? (especially to Dem Darkies!!) The people will turn on the Dems if they feel this is BS and a "fairy tale" so just go to Congress, answer the questions and be done with it!

I will hang up and listen...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              It seems, "You have anger issues" is once again the favorite ad hom for those who don't want to debate the facts or admit their opinion might be wrong, even if they insist on clinging to it.

We used to do this with Old Pio all the time when we got tired of his shtick, I can see right through it now.
              Let's replay the whole event. Someone posts Ted Liu (sp?) saying Trump can't win without Wisconsin, and the polls say we got Wisconsin locked up b1tches!!! I point out that the polls were Hillary +6 in WI leading into election day and that didn't work out so well so we may not want to get too confident just yet. Handy replies with Chernobyl, hold my beer. So yeah, I guess now I see why I'm the one out control

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                “In a letter to House leaders, the White House says it will not cooperate with the House impeachment inquiry.”

If the constitution is worthless, let’s confiscate the guns
                Fine by me.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  Let's replay the whole event. Someone posts Ted Liu (sp?) saying Trump can't win without Wisconsin, and the polls say we got Wisconsin locked up b1tches!!! I point out that the polls were Hillary +6 in WI leading into election day and that didn't work out so well so we may not want to get too confident just yet. Handy replies with Chernobyl, hold my beer. So yeah, I guess now I see why I'm the one out control
                  No poll ever says it's locked up.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    No poll ever says it's locked up.
                    Thanks for clearing that up

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up
                      You made the bull**** statement...
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

You made the bull**** statement...
                        Which part of what I said was BS? TIA

Comment

Which part of what I said was BS? TIA
                          That Lieu or anyone else said the polls have Wisconsin locked up.
                          That's all from you...and you deserve to be ripped for saying it...and continuing to say it.
                          Get indignant if you want...you're wrong and being a ******* about it.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

That Lieu or anyone else said the polls have Wisconsin locked up.
                            That's all from you...and you deserve to be ripped for saying it...and continuing to say it.
                            Get indignant if you want...you're wrong and being a ******* about it.
                            lol ok then what do you think Lieu's message was supposed to be? Remember to get out and vote because nothing is locked up yet? Don't you think he would have actually included a few of those words if he was trying to drive home an important message to stay engaged?

Comment

lol ok then what do you think Lieu's message was supposed to be? Remember to get out and vote because nothing is locked up yet? Don't you think he would have actually included a few of those words if he was trying to drive home an important message to stay engaged?
                              His message was exactly what he said it was...they likely can't win without Wisconsin.
                              Nothing more...nothing less.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

His message was exactly what he said it was...they likely can't win without Wisconsin.
                                Nothing more...nothing less.
                                Ahhhhhhh so that's why he went through the trouble to quote a poll showing D's leading, because he didn't actually want anyone to connect his completely stand alone statement of a pretty weird fact to randomly tweet with the message he quoted. Makes sense...

Comment

Working...
                                X