USCHO Poster Poll: '19-'20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    Forgive me for revisiting this, but the forum did its job.
    It’s all good! Appreciated and understood your comment. We all have our less than our best moments, or at least I do. Bottom line is this the best source of women’s hockey talk on the web that I am aware of, and it’s also a welcoming, respectful community. Can’t beat it.

Since this is the poll thread, some observations:
    Lakers deserve some votes, even if not yet ranked, as they sit at 7-2-1.
    Minnesota is surely the new number 1.
    Gotta respect OSU’s win over Minnesota, and sweep of Bemidji on the road. Not sure having Clarkson ranked very far ahead of OSU makes sense. As others have alluded to - the upcoming UMD OSU series should be great.

Comment

Re: USCHO Poster Poll: '19-'20

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
      Already "covered" by FHF, which is exactly what I missed.
      I was wondering if you missed the link... The quality on those remastered Who videos is really good.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        I was wondering if you missed the link... The quality on those remastered Who videos is really good.
        Had to share this story;
        I was talking to a former player a while back about crazy stuff that goes on and he gave me this gem;
        Leading up to the 1984 Olympics the team played a bunch of exhibition games. They were in Alaska
        when they received their stipend. Different players do different things with their money like we all think they would. There was one particular player, that I will not name, (but I’m sure you could figure it out by looking at the roster) that went a bit too far.
        The team had breakfast the next morning and the player did not show up. Players and coaches started asking each other where he was. They checked his room…nothing. Called the hospitals in case he was injured overnight…nothing. They then called the police and found him locked up.

When some players went to bail him out he told them what had happened.
        He ended up with 2 hookers in a hotel room. They rolled him, taking his money and running. When he finally figured it out he was ****ed. He ran out in the street looking for them in his underwear…just as a police car rolled up to him.
        They squashed it once they knew who he was. He never got the money back.
        I will not confirm nor deny any name.

Comment

Could be a guy Jules Winfield coached...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHo0rJC5t-o

Comment

I wasn’t going to say anything else but apparently this thread is no longer about the team ranking, so I will, I am finding it ironic that my words were found offensive by someone who posts a story about a hockey player I guess she thinks highly of, yet if you were to Google his name the word “rape” and just to make sure it isn’t fake news “Minnesota supreme court” that will direct you to their website you will find out he makes Donald Trump look like a feminist.
            But then, like Bill Clinton and every other liberal politician caught with his pants down, she’ll probably make excuses for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
              Had to share this story;
              I was talking to a former player a while back about crazy stuff that goes on and he gave me this gem;
              Leading up to the 1984 Olympics the team played a bunch of exhibition games. They were in Alaska
              when they received their stipend. Different players do different things with their money like we all think they would. There was one particular player, that I will not name, (but I’m sure you could figure it out by looking at the roster) that went a bit too far.
              The team had breakfast the next morning and the player did not show up. Players and coaches started asking each other where he was. They checked his room…nothing. Called the hospitals in case he was injured overnight…nothing. They then called the police and found him locked up.

When some players went to bail him out he told them what had happened.
              He ended up with 2 hookers in a hotel room. They rolled him, taking his money and running. When he finally figured it out he was ****ed. He ran out in the street looking for them in his underwear…just as a police car rolled up to him.
              They squashed it once they knew who he was. He never got the money back.
              I will not confirm nor deny any name.
              It's always the quiet guy.....Mark Johnson.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Doesn't seem like this is a "thing" anymore and admittedly, I've been negligent in posting here, so I'll give it another try...

1. Cornell - Why not Big Red? They have been pretty darn good so far.
                2. Minnesota. - The one loss doesn't look as bad as earlier with the Buckeyes playing well lately.
                3. Wisconsin - Loss and tie with Minnesota aside, this team still has the talent to come away with a NC this year.
                4. Northeastern - Big win tonight...They are deserving of this top four spot and might be the 3rd best team depending on if Cornell keeps it going.
                5. Clarkson. - They seem just a bit below where they have been the past few years with injuries and departures but...
                6. Princeton - This seems like the drop-off point after the top five, that for now, I'll give to the Tigers.
                7. bc - Hard to get a read on where this team is right now, but they have to be happy to be playing pretty well with the departures and defections from last year.
                8. Ohio State - To borrow a saying from a former Vikings coach..."When we play like we play when we play"... Which I think means that when they are playing well they are difficult to beat.
                9. BU - Compher played well tonight and that bodes well for BU.
                10. Harvard - a hiccup tonight but they have been good enough to be ranked but this could be UMD if they can break through against Minnesota.

And the parting riffs provided by...TDN, of course

Easy to be Hard

Comment

#1 UM, how can team speed increase so much when they only have two new players Tim asks?
                  #2 UW, reality sets in for their fans, except one
                  #3 Cornell,they have almost beaten all the teams they have needed to beat to prove supremecy, almost
                  #4 Northeastern a 1-0 loss to New Hampshire their only blemish
                  #5 Clarkson, you win some, you lose some, players that is, and thus games too
                  #6 The Ohio State, if not for their weekend at Mankato …
                  #7 Boston College, their signature win thus far = Boston University, ‘nuff said
                  #8, the CHA spot, Robert Morse took UM to OT once and Clarkson twice, meanwhile , a win over Connecticut by Mercyhurst doesn’t put them above RMU
                  #9 Harvard? No BU? No Princeton? Maybe, I’ll go with that
                  #10 UMD Being swept by Bemidji puts them at #10
                  Last edited by pokechecker; 11-20-2019, 07:50 AM. Reason: #1 thru #4 are very close IMO

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    Doesn't seem like this is a "thing" anymore and admittedly, I've been negligent in posting here, so I'll give it another try...

1. Cornell - Why not Big Red? They have been pretty darn good so far.
                    2. Minnesota. - The one loss doesn't look as bad as earlier with the Buckeyes playing well lately.
                    3. Wisconsin - Loss and tie with Minnesota aside, this team still has the talent to come away with a NC this year.
                    4. Northeastern - Big win tonight...They are deserving of this top four spot and might be the 3rd best team depending on if Cornell keeps it going.
                    5. Clarkson. - They seem just a bit below where they have been the past few years with injuries and departures but...
                    6. Princeton - This seems like the drop-off point after the top five, that for now, I'll give to the Tigers.
                    7. bc - Hard to get a read on where this team is right now, but they have to be happy to be playing pretty well with the departures and defections from last year.
                    8. Ohio State - To borrow a saying from a former Vikings coach..."When we play like we play when we play"... Which I think means that when they are playing well they are difficult to beat.
                    9. BU - Compher played well tonight and that bodes well for BU.
                    10. Harvard - a hiccup tonight but they have been good enough to be ranked but this could be UMD if they can break through against Minnesota.

And the parting riffs provided by...TDN, of course

Easy to be Hard
                    It would have been so easy to be hard on #10. But you weren't.

Comment

#1 UM
                      #2 UW
                      #3 Cornell
                      #4 Northeastern
                      #5 Ohio State
                      #6 Clarkson, you win some, you lose some, players that is, and thus games too. How True PC. 0 for 18 on the PP this weekend does not bode well either.
                      #7 Boston College
                      #8 BU
                      #9 Harvard
                      #10 UMD
                      Last edited by vicb; 11-20-2019, 04:10 PM.
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                      X