Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

trying to turn a negative into a positive...went out to dinner at 5:30, coming home around 7PM to watch the game...fortunately, the game started at 4PM so I avoided wasting over two hours watching us score zero goals AGAIN...and frankly, can you now really blame our snowflake students for not showing up for these games...I really hope this doesn't continue, but, but, but, but...when...and under who's leadership?

Comment

GreenCoat,
      I am not disagreeing with you when I said their goalie deserved the shutout.
      I am not saying that he faced 40 high-quality shots and he stood on his head keeping the puck out. He didn’t.
      I’m just saying, for what we put on him, the kid played very well and deserved the shutout. I think on one of our power plays, we may not even have had one shot on net. With what few fans there were at the game, many screamed, ‘shoot the puck!’
      It is just frustrating to watch. I honestly thought that we could beat Miami both games. They had the same poor record entering the weekend as we did... and they were ‘in our house.’ We erred in letting them come back last night from a 3-1 deficit (first three minutes of the third), and we erred tonight in letting them score right off the bat (first minute). We need to play aggressively all 60 minutes. And the outlook doesn’t get any better next game (at Providence on Friday).

Comment

I trust your analysis and admire your loyalty...the problem here is cumulative...for 3 1/4 seasons we are averaging less than 2 goals/game...and playing at home for us is really not much of an advantage, but this is as much a function of the team's shortcomings as it is the snowflakes on campus...going to Providence next weekend with a good friend with strong PC connections...I just hope we're not embarrassed...this trend has gone on for far, far too long...and it's time to shake things up (you can fill in the blanks here)...

Comment

beating dead horses is becoming a habit...PP is 1 for 31 this year...at 15% (say 5-31) we're probably 2-3-2 at worst...again, a problem that persists seemingly forever...top scorers from last year are AWOL on the stat sheet...

Comment

GreenCoat,
            I am headed to Providence, too.
            Tickets in Upper, section 112, row B, seats 1-2.
            Going with Aussie mate who has relocated to Pawtucket.
            Stop by and say ‘hey.’ I enjoy meeting other ‘Gaters.
            I may go to Bentley Saturday night to log in another arena.
            Tom S.

Comment

noted...would be an honor and a pleasure...

Comment

Haven’t seen the team play yet. Does Vachon look like he’s going to be a player? Someone please say yes - we need something to be optimistic about.

Comment

Magoo... I say Yes (with the caveat that he needs to stay out of the penalty box to be most effective for us).

Comment

Watch or listen, we win tonight !
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Mitch Benson in goal tonight here at Schneider Arena on the campus of Providence College. This could be a tough one for us. Go ‘Gate!!

Comment

Providence 14, Colgate 10, SOG after one.
                        Colgate 1, Providence 1, score after one.
                        While their goal wasn’t a PP goal, it was before the next whistle was blown. Our penalty? Holding the stick.
                        Vachon scored his second of the year to tie it up.
                        Throughout the first period, Providence out-shot us by a 2-1 ratio.
                        We finished the period well, though, to narrow the gap.
                        I think we were lucky to escape tied.
                        They are a very physical team.

Comment

Colgate 24, Providence 24, SOG after two.
                          Providence 2, Colgate 1, score after two.
                          They beat us to the puck behind our own goal.
                          They knock us off the puck behind our our goal.
                          I don’t blame Mitch for their second goal. One man can only do so much on his own.
                          The SOG are tied only because we had a two-man advantage for 34 seconds on two consecutive PC penalties.
                          I think we are lucky to be within one goal heading into the third period.

Comment

Providence 41, Colgate 37, SOG after three.
                            Colgate 3, Providence 3, score after three.
                            Hopefully UMass Lowell Friday night all over again.

Comment

Providence 42, Colgate 41, SOG after OT.
                              Colgate 3, Providence 3, score after OT.
                              This team did not give up!

Comment

Absolutely dominated the OT

Comment

Working...
                                X