X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2019-20

Miami 7, Colgate 5, SOG after one.
    Colgate 2, Miami 1, score after one.

Colgate scored first, Miami immediately tied it.
    Both were beautiful goals by McAvoy and Clement, respectively.
    Sharf gave us the lead back after we won the face-off in their end.
    Miami started a freshman goalie (Kraws).
    Very entertaining game so far.

Comment

Miami 18, Colgate 13, SOG after two.
      Colgate 3, Miami 1, score after two.

We each successfully killed a penalty in that period.
      Our hard work in their end definitely led to McAvoy’s second goal of the night.
      Our work ethic continues to impress.

Comment

Miami 27, Colgate 19, SOG after three.
        Colgate 3, Miami 3, score after three.

They scored both goals in the first three minutes of the period.
        We didn’t have time to go into our defensive shell.
        Headed to Overtime.

Comment

Miami 28, Colgate 20, SOG after OT.
          Colgate 3, Miami 3, score after OT.

Hopefully we learned a lesson...
          It’s a 60-minute game, not a 57-minute one.

But, a good effort overall.

Comment

Game we should have won but overall except for the start of the 3rd very well played game. Our third period power play and forechecking has them on the ropes in the waning minutes of the 3rd just couldn’t put it in

Comment

agree with DV's take after the game...some "skill" plays helped, but overall passing was inconsistent and our best players are not playing especially well, although I thought McMann had a solid game...got to shoot the puck quicker...when you've got a little time and a little space SHOOT - don't wait for that space to disappear and have the shot blocked...Vachon very solid and nice to see McAvoy pocket two...line combos seem to be in some flux, primarily due to our better players having some issues...RPI looks much improved under Dave Smith...

Comment

Congrats to McAvoy on his two goals. Good to see him step up.
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

GreenCoat, I totally agree on coach Dave Smith at RPI. I met him in October of 2016 at the Fairbanks Goal Rush tourney, both in the lobby of the host hotel and later at the tourney press conference. He is a genuinely good guy (and a good recruiter, and a good coach). I followed his Canisius team that season in the media and they were 21-11-7. When he deservedly got the RPI position, I talked to several long-time RPI season ticket-holders. They were extremely skeptical; maybe they had been burned once too often. Anyway, I really thought that he could turn that program around, and he is doing it. Hopefully Saint Lawrence can do the same with their program. A rising tide raises all ships.

Comment

Mitch Benson led Colgate onto the ice for this afternoon’s pre-game warm-up. Senior goalie Ryan Larkin led Miami onto the ice. I had a nice chat with first-year Miami coach Chris Bergeron, who replaced Enrico Blasi behind the bench. He admitted that he underestimated the challenge of rebuilding a Division One men’s ice hockey program. Both teams enter today’s weekend finale with identical 1-3-2 records following last night’s 3-3 overtime tie.

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                      Mitch Benson led Colgate onto the ice for this afternoon’s pre-game warm-up. Senior goalie Ryan Larkin led Miami onto the ice. I had a nice chat with first-year Miami coach Chris Bergeron, who replaced Enrico Blasi behind the bench. He admitted that he underestimated the challenge of rebuilding a Division One men’s ice hockey program. Both teams enter today’s weekend finale with identical 1-3-2 records following last night’s 3-3 overtime tie.
                      Chris Bergeron and his staff rebuilt the Bowling Green Falcons from near death. He had to know that another rebuild would be a challenge. He might not have realized how much work he would have at Miami, but he knows how tough it is to rebuild a team.

Comment

Colgate 11, Miami 6, SOG after one.
                        Miami 2, Colgate 0, score after one.
                        We never seem to come out as fast nor as strong as our opponents. Gave up first in the first minute (and the second late in the period). We will have 1:28 left in Miami’s second penalty to open up the second period.

Hockey John, I just wrote what he told me. You can take what he meant up with him.

Comment

Colgate 21, Miami 12, SOG after two.
                          Miami 2, Colgate 0, score after two.

The difference, so far, has been Miami’s goaltender, senior Ryan Larkin. He has played very well.
                          First three penalties against Miami. No scoring.
                          Next two penalties against Colgate. No scoring.
                          32 seconds left on Colgate penalty entering third period.

Comment

Colgate 27, Miami 19, final SOG.
                            Miami 2, Colgate 0, final score.

Their goalie deserved the shutout.
                            On to Providence. Yikes.

Comment

We didn’t have the legs this afternoon. Mimi has a second gear, we didn’t. Don’t know if that was because of the 4pm start or what

Comment

correct me if I am wrong...9 goals in 7 games...I don't care if Jacques Plante is in the nets every game against us, this is not acceptable...final Pairwise ranking this year? The over/under is around 42 or 43...AS USUAL

Comment

Working...
                                X