X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2019-20

Back at motel again; still wound up.
    Just so proud of ‘Gate this weekend.
    They still haven’t begun ‘manufacturing goals,’ but their defense is playing better this year than last.
    And while I hate to see a team put all of it’s eggs in one goaltender’s basket (so to speak), Mitch Benson has really stepped up to replace our previous Point guy in that position.
    Since I have always enjoyed watching Enrico Blasi’s Miami of Ohio team, both home and away (as a former Omaha season ticket holder), I will miss Rico but I am looking forward to seeing Miami at Colgate next weekend. It is a real opportunity to put our non-conference record at 3-3-1, which wouldn’t hurt ECAC in the PWR. Go ‘Gate.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-19-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

kudos to IowaBasedTraveler for the initial call and the summaries...excellent weekend (an away weekend no less)...hard work combined with a little more depth on our third and fourth lines...and Benson very, very solid in goal...early results do indicate that the ECAC maybe down somewhat this year (although Harvard and Cornell don't start for two weeks or so)...and shout out to Ben Sharf who has worked to become a solid hockey player - improving every year and gives 100% on the ice...nice to see him get a VERY important ot goal in game #1...let's get McMann going - and the first line and pp unit as well - and we can be tough to play against...

Comment

Impressive showing on the road. Let’s see if that is something upon which to build . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Marmot View Post
          Impressive showing on the road. Let’s see if that is something upon which to build . . . .
          Absolutely need to build on this. Miami is down again (1-3-1) all at home vs. some sub par competition. If this is going to be a respectable season one win is mandatory this weekend to keep the faith. Anything more would be a huge bonus much like last weekend.

Comment

Hi again everyone! The ECAC schedule begins this Friday, so you only have two days remaining to submit your entry to this year's ECAC Pick The Standings Contest. Follow the link and all you need to do is project the final standings and see how well your predictions match up with other fans on the board along with the media and coaches over the course of the season. I hope to see you all there!
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Another skater for next year added a bit earlier this month - Levi Glasman - currently with the Powell River Kings of the BCHL - tied for 11th with 7g 10a in 17 games. Hoping the team can build on what sounds like a really good weekend in Lowell (coulda/shoulda gone!)

Comment

I just wanted to mention that I don't think enough accolades were given to the team after last weekend. I think everyone but Iowa wrote off the weekend as two losses, UML is a good team and was ranked #18. It looks like with a break here or there we might be very respectable this year, sounds like we got a break on the winning goal last Friday night. Let's continue with a win Friday night and get on a mini roll, it's been too long !
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the frosh, especially the Frenchman Vachon, and Verboon, saw him score for the Swiss last year.

Comment

Pierson Brandon (Aberdeen Wings) has committed to Colgate University for 2020-2021

@ColgateMIH @Piersonwbrandon @Aberdeenwings @NAHLHockey

Watch Pierson this season in the
                    @NAHLHockey on @MyHockeyTV

http://hockeytv.com/league/NAHL
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      I just wanted to mention that I don't think enough accolades were given to the team after last weekend. I think everyone but Iowa wrote off the weekend as two losses, UML is a good team and was ranked #18. It looks like with a break here or there we might be very respectable this year, sounds like we got a break on the winning goal last Friday night. Let's continue with a win Friday night and get on a mini roll, it's been too long !
                      Are you going to break down & make the drive south? Been a while between games for you!

Comment

Planning on Saturday's game, at least I might be able to see the deer on the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                          Pierson Brandon (Aberdeen Wings) has committed to Colgate University for 2020-2021

@ColgateMIH @Piersonwbrandon @Aberdeenwings @NAHLHockey

Watch Pierson this season in the
                          @NAHLHockey on @MyHockeyTV

http://hockeytv.com/league/NAHL
                          He was a +50 last year, not sure of the league's strength.

Comment

For what it is worth, a web site billing itself as the "Junior Hockey News" rates it #4 behind the USHL, the OHL and the WHL and ahead of the BCHL. The NAHL puts the number of DI commits for the league at 350 in 2019 and claims 11 of 2xNC UMD's players are alumni. Snodgrass and Jeanson are both NAHL products. Overall, that would seem to point to a fairly good league. The telling question is always the adjustment to the next step up.

Comment

young man had previously committed to Air Force in 2018...looks like a decent add...3.75 rating by Neutral Zone...needs to put on weight, get more physical in defensive zone, but skates well and can man the PP...

Comment

Mitch Benson led the team on the ice for the warm-up prior to tonight’s non-conference home contest against Miami University (of Oxford, Ohio).
                                I personally really enjoy watching Miami of the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC). Unlike our road trip to MU last year, I truly believe that we can beat them this year... twice. They have a new coach in Chris Bergeron (replacing Enrico Blasi) and they are also 1-3-1 this season.
                                Go ‘Gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X