Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Wishing Gate had games this weekend, it's been fun lately, the most in 4-5 years.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Okay, am at Munn Ice Arena in East Lansing, Michigan, for tonight’s non-conference contest between Arizona State and host Michigan State. Wanting to take a roll call of regular Colgate USCHO message board posters. Please give your first name, town in which you live, and info about college hockey games at which you attend. I’ll start...

Tom S.
      Owego, N.Y.
      Colgate season ticket holder,
      Plus Colgate’s non-conference away games this year,
      Plus new and different arenas for me (like tonight),
      Plus ECAC tourney in Lake Placid,
      Plus NCAA Regional tourney (Allentown most recently),
      Plus NCAA Frozen Four (since 1991).

Next...

Comment

Barb
        Hamilton, NY
        Colgate season ticket holder
        1990 - Boston Garden (ECAC Championship); Joe Louis Arena, Detroit (NCAA finals)
        2005 - Western Michigan Arena, Grand Rapids MI (NCAA Regionals)
        Several years - Pepsi Arena, Albany (ECAC Playoffs)
        Several years - Herb Brooks Arena, Lake Placid (ECAC Playoffs)
        The only ECAC arenas I have NOT been to: Brown, Quinnipiac and Union
        Last edited by CU13; 12-15-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Rick
          Concord, NH
          I usually make one or both of the Dartmouth/Harvard away pair and sometimes get to the Brown game in Providence.
          Have been to Gate games at BU, UNH and UML and try to get to OOC games in the general Boston area and was at the 1990 semi-final at the old Garden. Never been on the North Country circuit or to Cornell, Q-Pac or P'ton but have been to all the other current ECAC barns.
          I owe myself a trip to the Class of '65 as I have yet to see a game there {sit in da box you know, for 2 minutes by yourself and feel shame...}

Comment

Anonymous.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Thanks, Rick & Barb. I have met you both; now just have to commit first names, faces and profile names to memory.

And, thanks, Barb... you reminded me that I have never seen a game at Albany (and need to do so). The time they hosted the Frozen Four (2001), I went to Germany and wound up seeing Esa Tikkanen play for the Essen Moskitos (against Hannover). I see the Times Union Center is hosting the East Regional on March 28-29, 2020.

SMH at ColSkate65.
              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 12-19-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Iowa, sorry I was lazy thinking I gave you the same info last year. Steve(Shab or Shabby).
                Watching fifty seven years.
                Rome,NY(Lake Delta)
                Played ten years of semipro hockey.
                Played with or against all the players in Slapshot, the movie.
                too many rinks
                Bruin fan since Orr and friend of Mike Milbury
                watch hockey every night
                usually standing on the rail to the left of you with a few hardcore townies, I've looked for you several times between periods albeit the wrong section
                I have stories

Comment

Steve, thanks.
                  My memory is just not what it once was, so I thought I would do the roll call again during the break.
                  If you ever wanna do dinner before a game, lemme know. I love stories.
                  My only real connection to the NHL is that I was friends with Ian “Scotty” Morrison (chief of officials) and Russ Conway (man who brought down Alan Eagleson).
                  Thanks again.

Comment

Charlie
                    South Salem & Hamilton, NY (Hammy full time once my wife stops working!)
                    Make most of the home games & an away game every now & then
                    Follow Gate football & hoop as closely as hockey

Been fun to chat w/ you Iowa, see you in Feb for Cornell...

Comment

well I guess it's time for TheCoat to come out of the shadows...

Lance
                      Class of 1972
                      Wilton, CT
                      first college hockey game (as a student) in November, 1968: SLU 4, Colgate 1
                      suffered through the 70s but attended games while in law school (Albany Law)
                      Boston Garden in 1981 (where in the semis we blew a 3-1 to Cornell; tied Clarkson the next night 3-3 and received NCAA bid)
                      Boston and Detroit, of course, in 1990
                      virtually every ECAC semi-final appearance from 1981 forward...
                      Silver Puck since 1978
                      2000? Screwed by the officials in 4-3 ot loss to Michigan at the Pepsi Center in Albany
                      2012? Austin screwed in not winning Hobey...
                      praying for one more chance at glory before my time is up...
                      Oft-times grumpy, but, like all of us, passionate about college hockey and The Gate in particular...
                      going up to The Gate in February and will warn others when I do...

Go Gate

Comment

Charlie & Lance, thanks!!
                        Charlie, because of your out-going personality, I definitely know you when I see you. And I love that fact. Thanks again for being so friendly with me.
                        And Lance, wow. I definitely want to meet you in real life. Love your college hockey history. 1990 was my personal wake-up call. How is my beloved Colgate in the national championship and I am not there to see it? I have missed precious few Frozen Fours since then (Anaheim, Albany, Ford Field that I can think of off-hand).
                        Thanks again, all, for playing along.

Comment

Back to hockey this weekend with two games at #6 Ohio State, a very tall task. Split would be great, keep the momentum going. Merry Xmas to all the posters here.

Comment

Okay, I'll talk...

Kyle
                            Class of 2009
                            Boxborough, MA
                            Was in the pep band from 2005-09, played clarinet, saxophone, bass drum
                            I make every effort to attend any of Colgate's road games in the New England region, plus at least 1 home game per season.
                            I've been to every ECAC rink except Princeton.
                            I've been to 7 of 11 Hockey East rinks (BC, UConn, Vermont, and Maine are the only 4 HE rinks I haven't been to.)
                            I've been to Lake Placid for the ECAC Championships in 2014 and 2015.
                            Colgate's record in OT playoff games is 4-1 when I'm in attendance. The one loss game in March 2016 at Dartmouth, but I was present to see double OT victories against Clarkson (2008), RPI (2011), and Quinnipiac (2014 Lake Placid), as well as the OT win vs. St. Lawrence in Lake Placid in 2015.
                            My NHL allegiance is to the Boston Bruins.

Iowa, maybe we'll meet at a game in January or February? Happy Holidays!
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Kyle, I would love to meet up. I will head to The Ohio State this weekend to see The Colgate games and then...

I plan to go to Omaha at Maine, January 3-4. Prior to returning back East in mid-2017, I was an Omaha season ticket-holder, so I am excited to see them again. Plus, Maine will be a new rink for me.

I am also planning on going to Harvard vs. Yale at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, January 11, which will be another néw rink for me.

I will be at the Harvard and Dartmouth home games in Hamilton on January 24-25.

The next weekend I am planning on Colgate at Princeton on Friday, January 31, and indoor Three-Quarter Midget Car races in Atlantic City on Saturday (new race track).

Let me know if you will be at any of those games. By the way, I am envious of your attendance in Hockey East rinks.

Comment

Congrats to IBT and shabby for leading the pack in Pick The Standings. Merry Christmas to all.......
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X