Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Colgate 2, Princeton 1, score after two.
    Gave up a goal within first 90 seconds of period start, which is somewhat typical.
    But, also typically, we didn’t give up and Ben Sharf scored.
    We continue to out-play them, but we did have lapses in period two.
    Clearly, we can’t let up if we want to advance to the championship game.

Comment

Colgate 3, Princeton 1, final score.
      Ben Sharf scored again.
      Great game.
      On to Friendship Four Championship against favored Northeastern.

Comment

I am really impressed with this Colgate team. It was fun watching the game today. Ben Sharf was outstanding! Someone told me that Coach Vaughan yells out CHANGE every minute to minute and a half throughout the game. I don't know if this is something different from last year. Whatever he and the assistants are doing, it seems to be paying off. Great game! Go 'Gate vs Northeastern!!

Comment

CU13, I totally agree. This year’s team just plays with an air of confidence that we haven’t seen for awhile. Mitch and Andrew have played their hearts out, too.
          I just wish our PP was better, as I think we will have our fair share of chances against a very physical Northeastern tomorrow.

Comment

two words. Ben Sharf.

Comment

• WARNING: Reader beware, positive thoughts coming.

Well another win for the Raiders. I know Princeton isn’t great but they are now playing in the title game of the Friendship Four and scored more than 2 goals, and now are averaging 2.6 gpg over their last 5. They also have a record of 4-2-2 over their last 8 games with really the only stinker coming to Bruno. A win tomorrow is an absolute bonus, I want to see them at least compete if we lose. This has all the makings of being a positive season.

Omaha, if you have time could you give a quick preview of the game tomorrow, I assume you saw both today in action?

Comment

EmptyNet,
                I did watch both games yesterday.
                However, as I have said before on here, I am the last person you want to ask for a technical x’s and o’s preview.
                I can only give you my opinion as a fan, and...

I don’t think Colgate is in the same league as Northeastern right now, literally nor figuratively.
                I think New Hampshire is stronger than Colgate so far this season, and Northeastern’s defense just smothered them. That doesn’t bode well for a Colgate team that still is not a goal-scoring machine (though we are trending in the right direction).
                I don’t worry about our goaltending in comparison to theirs. Both Mitch Benson and Andrew Farrier have proven to me that they can play ‘very well’ to ‘stand-on-your-head-extraordinary.’
                I do worry the first two minutes of every period. We are not a team to come out of the locker room all fired up. In fact, we usually come out quite sluggish. Again, that doesn’t bode well against a team like Northeastern, that can come out fired up and physical. I expect Northeastern to take more penalties than us, and I expect them to successfully kill them off (not unlike BC in Hamilton earlier this year).
                I think our only real chance is to score first today. I don’t care if it’s from a sharp-shooter at the point or a garbage goal in front of the net, we need to gain confidence and momentum if we are to have any chance, in my opinion. Even then, it may only be a slim chance to eventually win the game and the Belpot title. Northeastern is quite capable of coming back from a one-goal deficit.

Bottom line? I see a game very much like the BC game.... Northeastern wins 3-0 and we hold our heads high as we played competitively against an NCAA tourney-quality team, this time in an international tournament. Last year, I never could have predicted that for Colgate.

Go ‘Gate.
                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-30-2019, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Amen to everything you said Iowa, spot on. But, you never know, that's why they play the games ! We can only hope !
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Am at the SSE Arena for today’s consolation game of the fifth Friendship Four college hockey tournament... ECAC’s Princeton versus Hockey East’s New Hampshire. Since I am predicting scores, I will say... New Hampshire 4, Princeton 2.

Comment

New Hampshire 15, Princeton 4, SOG after one.
                      Princeton 1, New Hampshire 1, score after one.
                      New Hampshire dominated play, but Princeton tied it up late in the period.
                      Very entertaining.
                      Colgate fans slowly arriving to the arena.

Comment

New Hampshire 25, Princeton 12, SOG after two.
                        Princeton 2, New Hampshire1, score after two.
                        New Hampshire can’t stay out of the penalty box.
                        Continues to be a very entertaining game.
                        Princeton fans wave their orange-n-black flag, which is about as loud as they get.
                        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-30-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

New Hampshire 3, Princeton 2, final score.
                          UNH finally came to life with two quick goals in the third.
                          Great consolation game.

Comment

Andrew Farrier led the team on the ice tonight.
                            Nice crowd on-hand.
                            Go ‘Gate!!

Comment

Rough minute 12 but I have to say I like our play better (overall) on the large sheet.

Comment

Northeastern 13, Colgate 6, SOG after one.
                                Northeastern 3, Colgate 1, score after one.
                                Well, Northeastern is every bit as physical, fast and accurate as we thought.
                                It was three-zip before halfway through the first period on three beautiful goals.
                                Fortunately, we didn’t roll over and Snodgrass got one back for us.
                                It’s not over, by any means. We just need to do a better job of keeping shots from getting through to Farrier. At times we are just hanging him out to dry.
                                And just dumping the puck into their end on the PP doesn’t seem to be the hot set-up.
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-30-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X