Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Interesting, how did you get the info, friends of family ?
    USCHO reported this mid-week.

https://www.uscho.com/2020/04/08/st-...h-for-2020-21/

Hope all is well with you Steve. Crazy times for sure.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Back at you Mark, ty and stay healthy !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Many of you may have seen this on CHN. In a simulated Frozen Four CHN has BC beating North Dakota, 3-1 in one of the semis. and Denver over Minnesota State, 7-3 in the other. BC is the 2020 National Champion over Denver, 3-2 in 2 OTs. Interesting results. I didn't think BC was ranked that highly when the season ended. And Cornell apparently didn't make the FF. Just something to chew on while you are locked down. Stay safe, stay healthy all you posters out there.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          Many of you may have seen this on CHN. In a simulated Frozen Four CHN has BC beating North Dakota, 3-1 in one of the semis. and Denver over Minnesota State, 7-3 in the other. BC is the 2020 National Champion over Denver, 3-2 in 2 OTs. Interesting results. I didn't think BC was ranked that highly when the season ended. And Cornell apparently didn't make the FF. Just something to chew on while you are locked down. Stay safe, stay healthy all you posters out there.
          FWIW BC was 9-1-2 in their last 12 games. They were ranked #4 in the 3/23 USCHO poll and were #6 in Pairwise.

Comment

So, if I understand things correctly...
            Boston College gets to hoist a virtual banner,
            North Dakota is putting up a black banner, and
            Cornell is 'doing something' on the walls of Lynah.
            Remind me... what is Minnesota State doing?

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
              Remind me... what is Minnesota State doing?
              Minnesota State won the natty in the USCHO simulation, beating North Dakota in OT.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

The end of season awards have been handed out. Good to see Jacob Panetta mentioned for three of the awards. Bobby McMann was a well deserved winner of the top offensive award.

I didn't see the Captains named for next season. Does anyone know this information?

Comment

Anybody have anything to say here to put our thread back on the first page? Any news?
                  Everybody hanging in there in self-isolation? I am. During the Frozen Four weekend, NCAA streamed seven vintage games on its Facebook page and I watched all of them. Tonight, I just happen to their streaming of the Minnesota-Robert Morris game from the 2014 Regional in St. Paul, Minnesota. I hope they keep streaming old tournament games.

Comment

Sorry, not much to say, I look at Heisenberg and College Commitments every am looking for recruits. This must be very difficult recruiting today. NFL draft is my priority sportswise today. Happy with the Browns filling some weaknesses. Stay safe !

Comment

Hi All - There is an interesting article on College Hockey News, entitled "College hockey, planning in 2020-21 may take a lot of creativity." In the article, the author creates 10 divisions with 6 teams each, based on geography (so to decrease travel expenses). We are in a division with Cornell, RPI, Union, Niagara and Canisius.
                      Hope everyone is healthy! No news on the Captains for next year. Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Shabby...looks like a very solid draft for the Browns...nine incoming for next year and looks like the best class since the Spink era...Colton Young's brother should be a much-needed goal scorer...Mitton was a Northeastern decommit and a solid USHL player...not positive but this reasonably large class looks like (potentially) all nine will be contributors...Gaudet gone at Dartmouth...the battles between DV and Gaudet over the years were pretty good...lots of playoff games, lots of one-game games...good article for a class guy...

Comment

New Vermont coach is Todd Woodcroft, brother of Craig who played for Colgate on the 1990 team, he was a great player, remember him very well.

Comment

Craig was MVP of the ECAC tournament in 1990.

Comment

We were all there in the Boston Garden ! Dupere shoots, he scores !

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                                Hi All - There is an interesting article on College Hockey News, entitled "College hockey, planning in 2020-21 may take a lot of creativity." In the article, the author creates 10 divisions with 6 teams each, based on geography (so to decrease travel expenses). We are in a division with Cornell, RPI, Union, Niagara and Canisius.
                                Hope everyone is healthy! No news on the Captains for next year. Go 'Gate!!
                                This is interesting stuff. I kind of like Ken Landau's formula for the '20-'21 season. Ten divisions with six teams each seems logical, especially with tight budgets and geography part of the reason for realignment. We would play each division member 4 times - that's a lot of Cornell games! The only part I don't like is the two extra games against two of our division opponents. That means 6 games against two other teams. Can you imagine 6 games against Cornell? In any 6 game series it is doubtful we could sweep. So that means even against Canisius we might go 2-2, or 4-2 if we had to play them 6 times. Lost already?? Let's leave it up to the ECAC and the NCAA to figure things out.

Stay safe everyone. FWIW: the Giants did OK in the draft, if I might say so :-/

Comment

Working...
                                X