Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2019-20

First period looked real good. passing was crisp, plenty of shots, just cant finish

Comment

Saturday was a long, long day...good to see three frosh forwards contribute and look pretty good - a little extra speed, each one on our top three lines...would like to see more presence in the front of the net on PPs...SOGs a little misleading - again, the quality of these shots overall was not real high...but we'll see...gotta get some pucks in the net, period...so let's start on Thursday, please...

Comment

Green coat, great point on the net front presence on the powerplay (there was none). I know we might not have the big center who’s game is in front of the net but you have to have someone start there and pop out to open spots.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
          Green coat, great point on the net front presence on the powerplay (there was none). I know we might not have the big center who’s game is in front of the net but you have to have someone start there and pop out to open spots.
          Actually there was. They set up the structure they wanted (1-3-1), the puck just never made it inside and on net. With some more work, a couple of tweaks and shots getting through they should be in position for rebounds on the PP.

Comment

Vachon is a big, skilled forward; he should be perfect to have in front of the net.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
              RIP Robin Jaycox. Colgate hockey would not have made the strides it did in the late 1970's early 80's if not for him. Coach Slater's right hand man - a twin in significance to Admissions Director Dave Perham!
              Always enjoyed sitting near Robin in Starr Rink. For those that don't know, he was a very talented artist as well. He will be missed; was a part of so many successful hockey teams.

Football will end up at .500 or worse. I hope hockey can do better this season. The women look a bit shaky so far.
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Right up front, I will acknowledge that I goofed today. I leisurely drove north from Indy to Big Rapids, Michigan, ahead of tomorrow night’s Ferris State game against Seth Appert’s US National Team Development Program and then Thursday’s game against Colgate. On the way north, I looked at the College Hockey News app and realized that their exhibition game was tonight (not tomorrow). Oops!! Anyway, I arrived just after the second period ended, with Ferris State up 5-0 on the Under-18 squad. I enjoyed the scoreless third period, but didn’t see anything that made me think Colgate should fear Ferris State for Thursday night. They apparently used freshman Carter McPhail in periods one and two, and I saw their frosh Finnish goalie Roni Salmenkangas play the third period (to finish out the game). Roni played well, but wasn’t really tested. Junior forward Marshall Moise looked strong, I thought. I am looking forward to seeing Colgate play on Thursday in this old-time hockey arena with its low ceiling and rowdy fans.

Comment

A win tonight sure would be nice, especially after my Braves and Browns performances. At least I have the Bruins.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Shabby, forgot you were a Browns fan...BTW, Baker DID shake hands with 49er players before the game...nonetheless, offensive line needs work, Baker needs work, Kitchens needs work...couldn't stand it last Monday and turned the game off with 10 minutes to go...never should've turned the game on...both 'Gate football and the Dawg Pound desperately need wins this weekend...and a win in Big Rapids tonight would also help my current depression...

Comment

Good luck tonight. The ECAC will need all the non-conference wins it can. Not clear we are going to contribute many this year.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Mitch Benson led Colgate onto the ice tonight for the pre-game warm-up at Ewigleben Ice Arena in Big Rapids, Michigan. Ferris State Bulldogs are coming off exhibitions against Waterloo (2-2 tie) and US NTDP Under-18 (5-0 win).

Comment

Colgate 12, Ferris State 8, SOG after one.
                          Colgate 1, Ferris State 1, score after 1.
                          Very entertaining game.
                          Colgate had a power play. They kept the pressure on immediately after it was over and Verboon scored unassisted on Finnish goalie.
                          Ferris had a power play (on Penner penalty) and Lucas Finner scored.
                          We out-shot and out-played them. Good period.
                          16 seconds left on Vachon’s Kneeing penalty to open second period.

Comment

Colgate 19, Ferris State 15, SOG after two.
                            Colgate 1, Ferris State 1, score after two.
                            Still entertaining.
                            We had our fair share of power plays in that period but just couldn’t capitalize on those opportunities.

Comment

Colgate 29, Ferris State 23, SOG final.
                              Ferris State 3, Colgate 1, score final.
                              They wanted it more.
                              Beautiful unassisted goal by their Rutkowski to open the period. And Empty Net Goal by Norris to close the period and game.

Comment

1 goal.

Color me shocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X