Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

From Colgate Athletics ticket operations this morning...

Like many athletics departments around the country, Colgate has adjusted its season ticket renewal and sales timeline for men’s ice hockey this fall/winter. While we are planning for, and hoping to play a full home men’s hockey schedule beginning in early October, we are prepared to reevaluate, make changes as needed, and ensure individuals are aware of any such changes. Individuals should expect to receive season ticket renewal information in early July.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
      Can you imagine 6 games against Cornell?
      God, please, no...losing twice/year for the last several decades, or so it seems, is bad enough. Just forfeit those 6, save even more money, and move on!
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

So I have an interesting situation as I am a Cornell graduate and long-time fan, and my son recently decided to attend Colgate in the fall (whether that’s on campus or online, no one can say right now). I think Colgate is a great fit for him, and we were impressed with so much about the school when we visited late last summer.

While Cornell hockey will always be closest to my heart, I look forward to getting up to Hamilton for a game or two when we someday get back to some semblance of normalcy. I know it’s been a pretty rough decade, but it looks like Colgate has a nice freshman class arriving and perhaps things are turning around.

Comment

Scoop85... welcome!
          That’s great that your son will be at Colgate, and great that his dad is a college hockey fan.
          I am a ‘Gate season ticket-holder, but go to many of their away games, too (from my home in Owego, N.Y.).
          Tom S.

Comment

I hope that the Colgate series at Northern Michigan happens Thanksgiving weekend and the return trip to Hamilton next year!
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
              Scoop85... welcome!
              That’s great that your son will be at Colgate, and great that his dad is a college hockey fan.
              I am a ‘Gate season ticket-holder, but go to many of their away games, too (from my home in Owego, N.Y.).
              Tom S.
              Thanks Tom. I know you're among the top Colgate boosters on this forum, and I hope to connect with you and other fans in Hamilton over the next few years. Even before my son decided to attend Colgate, I've always rooted for Colgate against anyone other than my Big Red, as I've always thought Don Vaughn is one of the classiest coaches in college hockey.

Comment

Thanks, DavyD83. I knew we were headed up there (myself included), just didn’t know the weekend. This is what we know now, I believe, for non-conference opponents...

Providence at Colgate to open their season.
                Apparently just one game.

Merrimack College will be at Colgate, October 23-24.

Nov. 27-28... Colgate headed to (Marquette in) Northern Michigan.

UConn at Colgate.
                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 05-12-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Where can we see the current schedule ? Saw this am that Alex Lyon and Ryan McGuire (Pierre's son) are rated in the Central Scouting's top 100.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Shabby, this is what I have right now. If anyone has anything different, please let me know. Thanks.

Tentative 2020-21 Colgate Raiders Men’s Ice Hockey Schedule

TBD – Providence at Colgate
                    Friday, October 23 – Merrimack at Colgate
                    Saturday, October 24 – Merrimack at Colgate
                    Friday, November 6 – Brown at Colgate
                    Saturday, November 7 – Yale at Colgate
                    Friday, November 13 – Colgate at Harvard
                    Saturday, November 14 – Colgate at Dartmouth
                    Friday, November 20 – Princeton at Colgate
                    Saturday, November 21 – Quinnipiac at Colgate
                    Friday, November 27 – Colgate at Northern Michigan
                    Saturday, November 28 – Colgate at Northern Michigan
                    Friday, January 8 – Colgate at Clarkson
                    Saturday, January 9 – Colgate at Saint Lawrence
                    Friday, January 15 – Colgate at Quinnipiac
                    Saturday, January 16 – Colgate at Princeton
                    Friday, January 22 – Dartmouth at Colgate
                    Saturday, January 23 – Harvard at Colgate
                    Friday, January 29 – Union at Colgate
                    Saturday, January 30 – R.P.I. at Colgate
                    Friday, February 12 – Colgate at Yale
                    Saturday, February 13 – Colgate at Brown
                    Friday, February 19 – Saint Lawrence at Colgate
                    Saturday, February 20 – Clarkson at Colgate
                    Friday, February 26 – Colgate at R.P.I.
                    Saturday, February 27 – Colgate at Union
                    TBD – Connecticut at Colgate
                    TBD - Colgate at Cornell
                    TBD - Cornell at Colgate
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 05-13-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Shabby...I think you meant to say Alex Young, who jumped from unranked to 145th...Ryan Maguire improved a lot in the final rankings and is a nice young man with great parents...The cynic here is cautiously optimistic looking out 1 to 2 years...we'll be young next year, but it does look like a very solid incoming class of 9 frosh...2021 class includes Maguire and four others so far...Gabriel Crete may be 2021 or 2022 (not sure)...we look to have A LOT of depth at goalie BTW...

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                        Thanks, DavyD83. I knew we were headed up there (myself included), just didn’t know the weekend. This is what we know now, I believe, for non-conference opponents...

Providence at Colgate to open their season.
                        Apparently just one game.

Merrimack College will be at Colgate, October 23-24.

Nov. 27-28... Colgate headed to (Marquette in) Northern Michigan.

UConn at Colgate.
                        Looking forward to your visit and then the return trip next year! And with a Colgate alum behind our bench, it adds a nice touch to the series!
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Thanks coat, senior moment, Lyon was the goalie for Yale wasn't he ?
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Reports are that Brett Riley is taking the LIU head coaching job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                              Reports are that Brett Riley is taking the LIU head coaching job.
                              The new Division I program at Long Island University has reportedly hired Colgate assistant coach Brett Riley as the program’s first head coach. ESPN’s John Buccigross reported Riley’s hiring on Monday. https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/202...as-head-coach/
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Vermont’s Catamount Cup is tentatively set to be Vermont, Sacred Heart, Colgate, and Western Michigan.
                                Apparently it is January 2-3, 2021.
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 05-26-2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X