Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

ColSkate65... In the third period of the first game of the tournament season, I estimated 250 in the stands and another 100 up top. Maybe there was 405 total, but no more in an arena that holds 2222 and averages 1208. Would love to know PPV numbers for ESPN+ and how much Colgate realizes monthly from that $4.99 each.
    Student section had eleven, including two security and one mascot. No pep band. I don’t own a kazoo, but tonight I am bringing an old Omaha cowbell.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-07-2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

The USCHO boxscore had attendance at 715. Harvard had less than 500. These first round series never draw. The League should scrap this “everybody makes the playoffs” nonsense. The fans (literally) aren’t buying it. Just have 1-8 make it.

Comment

Magoo... I assume you know better than to trust a USCHO box score number as the One Truth regarding paid warm bodies in the building. Maybe not, but I will assume so. Carry on.
        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-07-2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Maybe USCHO was being generous. I absolutely believe your numbers Iowa.
          Disappointing that the band wasn’t there.
          Last edited by Magoo; 03-07-2020, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Mitch Benson led the Colgate Raiders onto the ice for the pre-game warm-up for tonight’s contest against Brown. No attendance numbers yet.

Comment

Brown 10, Colgate 5, SOG after one.
              Colgate 2, Brown 1, score after one.

Sixteen seconds in, we’re down 1-0.
              Then two beautiful goals by McKechney and Lunn, the second seconds later on a PP. 4 shots total, 2 goals.

God Bless Mitch Benson indeed.
              Pep band in place tonight.
              Fast-paced play by both teams.

Comment

Brown 21, Colgate 10, SOG after two.
                Colgate 2, Brown 1, score after two.

It’s going to be a physical third period.
                45 seconds still left on ‘Gate penalty as we start third.
                More upsets in the making in ECAC tourney play apparently.

Comment

Brown 27, Colgate 15, SOG after three.
                  Colgate 2, Brown 2, score after three.

They scored with one minute two seconds left.
                  Going to OT after redoing ice.

Comment

Brown 34, Colgate 22, final SOG.
                    Colgate 3, Brown 2, final score.

Tyler Penner wins it for us.
                    And Mitch Benson.
                    Wow!!

Comment

Back and forth game. Glad to not have to come back tomorrow. They had the better pressure, we had the better opportunities most of the game. I just kept seeing the Princeton series from a few years ago once they tied it up

Comment

• Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                        Back and forth game. Glad to not have to come back tomorrow. They had the better pressure, we had the better opportunities most of the game. I just kept seeing the Princeton series from a few years ago once they tied it up
                        Did I read CHN wrong, Gate v Q-Pac in Hamden?

That's a hockey weekend!

Always depends on health. A-Pak students return from spring break on Saturday 14th, be interesting to see how many fill seats!

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                          The USCHO boxscore had attendance at 715. Harvard had less than 500. These first round series never draw. The League should scrap this “everybody makes the playoffs” nonsense. The fans (literally) aren’t buying it. Just have 1-8 make it.
                          What, and drop "the Union Rule?"

Comment

What’s the Union Rule?

Comment

Snow dog: it depends on Yale/union game: Yale wins Colgate to clarkson; union wins Colgate to QPAC

Comment

Am home in Owego, wound up, so I will ramble on as usual. No deer on way home (but a small beaver crossed in front of me around Earlville on way north this afternoon).

I am wickedly excited about tonight’s outcome. Even though we were more lucky than good much of this weekend, I thought, it really is an achievement (after a dreadful last season) to host a first-round series, and then to sweep it to advance to the second round. And, I hated to see friend Cam Strong finish out his Dartmouth career that way tonight, but their result luckily helps keep us from playing just 26 miles from my home next weekend.

I was gonna say that we will need more luck next weekend to advance to Lake Placid, but that isn’t entirely true. We are going to need more skill, too, and plenty of it, regardless of whether we play at Clarkson or at Quinnipiac.

Early this season, I came to the realization that our goalies had really matured after last season; Mitch was outstanding tonight. Then I realized that our defense had really tightened up, too. But, it wasn’t until our Ohio State series that I realized just how much we had improved on winning Face-Offs. That has been a bright spot for Colgate this season and I think that helped tonight in a 20-minute Sudden Death situation. Players get tired in a fast-paced, up-n-back game, but if you can get a face-off in the opponent’s end... and then have a better than even chance of winning it... viola... magic happens!!

Lastly, I saw Tyler Penner’s father last night after the game. I told him that tonight I would change things up and wear my Penner game-worn ‘away’ jersey (which was given to me in late 2017 by Max Elberty and the coaching staff). It was fun then seeing him again after tonight’s game in his Penner jersey... after Tyler scored the GWG in OT. It was also fun meeting Paul Meyer’s dad tonight, and seeing Ben Sharf’s father. The parents seem to be a tight-knit group, as I assume it is every year.

Well, will watch the Yale-Union game ‘morrow night on ESPN+, which will determine my next weekend’s destination. Shabby, can I bring the beer? Go ‘Gate!!
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-08-2020, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X