Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
    What are you thoughts on this weekend's games? I think they're both winnable. Still undecided whether or not to drive out to Troy tomorrow evening. Go 'Gate!
    As a public service announcement, tomorrow night is Autism Awareness Night at HFH....and while that is an extremely admirable cause, it is also a great way to extinguish anything resembling home ice advantage (i.e. no railroad goal horn noise, exuberant celebration or anything resembling joy...) Point being, Colgate has a good chance....HA
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Andrew Farrier led the Colgate Raiders on the ice for the pre-game warm-up at Massa Rink at the Achilles Center on the campus of Union College in Schenectady, N.Y., tonight.

Comment

Union 6, Colgate 4, SOG after one.
        Union 2, Colgate 0, score after one.
        Colgate 13, Union 8, face offs won after one.

McMann penalty. Union scores.
        Cockrell penalty. Union scores.
        Stark penalty. :44 seconds left on it at opening of second.

Lackluster period overall.
        We had one Power Play and were ineffective.

Comment

Colgate 16, Union 12, SOG after two.
          Colgate 2, Union 2, score after two.
          Colgate 22, Union 14, face offs won after two.

We came out strong early in the period.
          Both of our goals were even-strength.

Comment

Bobby McMann scores on penalty shot with less than two minutes left in third period. Delay of Game.

Colgate 3, Union 2, final score.
            Colgate 28, Union 19, final SOG.

Comment

I’ll take it, the net was clearly knocked the net off intentionally

Comment

Nice road win! 3 unanswered goals!! All goals scored by seniors. I am anxious to hear Iowa's wrap up! Go 'Gate!!

Comment

The Union player did knock the net off its moorings.
                  He wasn’t pushed into it by a ‘Gate player.
                  It was replayed on their Jumbotron twice and it was evident.
                  Having said that, a penalty shot in the final two minutes of a 2-2 hockey game did seem severe. But, I will assume the officials know the rules better than I do.
                  Bobby’s penalty-shot goal was a quality one.
                  We got the win and we can go forward. For Union, it just sums up their season to-date. And, again, that doesn’t bother me in the least. Their program is just not a fave of mine.
                  But, we definitely need to do a better job on Power Plays and with Penalty Kills. Farrier wasn’t greatly tested tonight (SOG were low for both teams), but he played well. The defense did a good job of keeping the puck along the boards and not giving Union a lot of quality shots. And we did a good job of being aggressive in the opening minutes of each period. In fact, the third period was my favorite as both teams showed a sense of urgency that they hadn’t in the first two periods.
                  On to Houston Field House and Go ‘Gate!

Comment

6-2-1 in the league. Not bad. Go 'gate!

Comment

Love the local media's one-sided, biased take on this:

"There were plenty of ways to describe the way the Union-Colgate ECAC hockey game ended Friday night at Messa Rink. Pick one: Strange. Peculiar. Odd. Bizarre. Unusual. Weird. Different. All of them would fit."

I believe the word they're searching for with the INTENTIONAL delay of game is DESPERATE, sheesh.

https://dailygazette.com/article/202...nalty-shot-3-2

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...n-14966623.php
                      C O L G A T E
                      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                      1990 NCAA FINALS
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

The first period was maybe their worst period played this season. They looked like a team that was playing only their third game in thirty four days, rusty. Almost turned ESPN+ off, decided I'd watch some of the second before I turned it off. Whoa, what happened, team came out flying in the second and tied it up, two different teams. First half of third period shots were 9-1 favoring Gate, second ten Union turned it up a little and even though I thought we deserved to win, I was afraid Union might score and steal a win. With 3-4 mins left Farrier got just enough on a save that literally trickled just inches past the pipe. At that point I would have been happy with a tie and one point.

Union killed a penalty with about two mins left, we were putting the pressure on and in a mad scramble with bodies falling all over, a Union defender slid behind Hansen right into the pipe knocking the goal off it's mooring. He did this all by himself, he was absolutely not pushed in by anyone. ESPN+ showed the replay 3-4 times, they had about five minutes to show it as that's how long the four zebras were conferring. You've read the rule and the officials finally got one right, you know the rest.

Got our split on the road, now let's sweep and make it six in a row unbeaten in ECAC play. Finally, kudos to Bobby McMann on the penalty shot, he's had a rough go of it.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

gutsy comeback and a quality win against a Union team that has played well over the past 4-5 weeks...noticed (and it's not hard to notice) that Cosgrove was not in lineup last night...hope nothing serious...

Comment

Deliberately dislodging net with less than 2 minutes to go in regulation is a penalty shot-automatic unless team chooses delay of game option.

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                            The Union player did knock the net off its moorings.
                            He wasn’t pushed into it by a ‘Gate player.
                            It was replayed on their Jumbotron twice and it was evident.
                            Having said that, a penalty shot in the final two minutes of a 2-2 hockey game did seem severe. But, I will assume the officials know the rules better than I do.
                            Bobby’s penalty-shot goal was a quality one.
                            We got the win and we can go forward. For Union, it just sums up their season to-date. And, again, that doesn’t bother me in the least. Their program is just not a fave of mine.
                            But, we definitely need to do a better job on Power Plays and with Penalty Kills. Farrier wasn’t greatly tested tonight (SOG were low for both teams), but he played well. The defense did a good job of keeping the puck along the boards and not giving Union a lot of quality shots. And we did a good job of being aggressive in the opening minutes of each period. In fact, the third period was my favorite as both teams showed a sense of urgency that they hadn’t in the first two periods.
                            On to Houston Field House and Go ‘Gate!

Comment

Capt. EO... thanks. The under-two-minutes part was key then.

Comment

Andrew Farrier led Colgate out onto the ice at RPI’s Houston Field House for tonight’s pre-game warm-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X