X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Top Goaltender - Friends of Alberta Junior Hockey League Trophy

Carter Gylander of the Sherwood Park Crusaders is the recipient of the Friends of AJHL Trophy as the Top Goaltender for the 2019-20 season. The annual award is presented to the goalie who demonstrated the greatest ability in his position throughout the season. https://ajhl.ca/media-centre/news-ar...html?nID=16900
    Great to learn Carter will be joining the Raiders. Looks promising....can always use goaltenders.

Now lets go out and beat Bruno tonight.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Mitch Benson led Andrew Farrier, Will Friend and the rest of the Colgate Raiders onto the ice tonight for the first game of the first round ECAC Hockey series against Brown in Hamilton, N.Y.

Comment

18 minutes until puck-drop and there are 76 fans in the stands tonight (and maybe an equal number roaming around and standing). This new barn will be rockin’ tonight for playoff hockey.

Comment

Brown 8, Colgate 7, SOG after one.
          Colgate 1, Brown 0, score after one.

Both teams handed their opponent the puck right in front of their own goalie multiple times. Fortunately Jared Cockrell capitalized on the opportunity after a face-off in the Brown zone. Mitch Benson did a great job on several grade-A chances by the Bears.

Comment

frankly the performance of our MIH in the second period was embarrassing...we may win this game, but we look dreadful and, to be honest, outclassed...what neutral zone trap? They skate through it like it was butter...God Bless Benson...

Comment

Brown 16, Colgate 9, SOG after two.
              Colgate 1, Brown 0, score after two.

More lucky than good sometimes. Sitting with Gate83 and looking for Shabby, but we decided the weather must have been too bad.

Comment

I passed on going up to Hamilton last weekend...it's just easier to sit home and be disappointed virtually game-after-game...what is this, anyway? We go ahead 1-0 and go into a prevent defense for 40 minutes? Two SOG during period #2...IBT, you're right, SO FAR, better to bet lucky than good 'cause we sure as hell haven't been good...

Comment

Colgate 19, Brown 19, final SOG.
                  Colgate 3, Brown 0, final score.

PPG.
                  ENG.
                  Shutout for Benson.
                  Win.

Comment

much better third period and received some nice "make up" by the refs late in the game...glad to see McMann score...he will be sorely missed...

Comment

GreenCoat, you’re right, it was a lopsided game for penalties. We took three in a row, then they took three in a row (including Too Many Men, which cost them the goal).
                      Lousy and Pathetic were two terms I heard from ‘Gate supporters for our style of play in the second period. We’ll take the win and go forward.
                      Charlie admitted, and I had to agree, we like GreenCoat’s and Shabby’s posts. Keep it up, and Go ‘Gate.

Comment

well, with both Union and Princeton winning tonight it is possible - assuming one of these teams can win on Sat or Sun - that IF we beat Brown we won't have to play Cornell...Clarkson won't be much easier, but...I'm getting old and I get cranky, but we're all passionate about MIH...but we've got to get faster and more skilled...some help is coming in 2020 but it has to continue...one good class/one mediocre class...not gonna cut it...GO GATE

Comment

Ugly win, but at this time of year I will take an ugly win vs a beautiful loss. I think tonight will be much tougher as it is always hardest to end a team's season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                            well, with both Union and Princeton winning tonight it is possible - assuming one of these teams can win on Sat or Sun - that IF we beat Brown we won't have to play Cornell...Clarkson won't be much easier, but...I'm getting old and I get cranky, but we're all passionate about MIH...but we've got to get faster and more skilled...some help is coming in 2020 but it has to continue...one good class/one mediocre class...not gonna cut it...GO GATE

Anything but Cornell and I think we have a chance. I’ll take our chances at Clarkson, we did get a Friday win up there 2 years ago in the second week of ECACS and I believe we did the same maybe 4/5 years ago at Dartmouth, just weren’t able to get that second one to advance. Princeton only had 2 ECAC wins all year so we’ll see if they can string together one more. It was certainly a favorable night for Colgate despite a lousy second period.

Comment

If Yale and Dartmouth lose another we'd play Q-Pac. Thought we were lucky last night and a good chance it's going three. Bensen played a very good game.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Anyone know the final attendance figure from last night? Looked like more than 76 showed up.

Will be a tough game tonight. Brown never goes easily....
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X