Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

I hope you feel lots better, Iowa. I noticed you weren't in the rink last night. Safe travels to Ireland. Go 'Gate!

Comment

TchrBill...my sentiments exactly...DV's good guy, has been a real asset to Colgate for 1/4 of a century...but the last half of his career has been disappointing in Hamilton (save The Class of 2016)...no one on this thread has ever questioned the effort and commitment ON THE ICE from the players and the coaches...it's recruiting pure and simple and, at least from that perspective, I am somewhat optimistic...Colton Young's younger brother looks like a very good recruit and our assistants have inked other decent players in (primarily) 2021...the progress (or lack thereof) of the program is what we're concerned with and, sadly, that may conflict with the lives of individuals who have been good representatives of our school...it's not fun and has never been personal...quality wins outside the conference have been few and far between (2013-14 an exception)...very few tournament titles, no ECAC titles, no NCAA wins...I think we're all pretty reasonable people here and no one should expect a UMD, BU, Denver, Notre Dame program here...but we do (and should) expect quite a bit more than we are currently receiving, especially with a $38M facility to promote...

Comment

always a quality win against Q-Pac...they had their legs tonight and passes were generally tape-to-tape...congrats to Farrier as well...McMann a complete player and deserved the ENG...

Comment

I think any time we win it’s a quality win, especially at home against a good team.

Want some optimism Colgate fans? Take a look at the ECAC standings. I know it’s early but after the big 3 there’s a huge dropoff. Who’s going to finish 4th? Qpac? Dartmouth? Brown? Dare I say Colgate? With continued improvement from our freshmen and (hopefully) ANY improvement from the power play, who knows? Yeah I guess I’m dreaming but why not?

How about it Shabby?

Comment

The boys were on fire tonight. Andrew put in a good effort in net. It was a great team effort. How about those freshmen? great win, guys. Keep it going in Belfast. Go 'Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
              I think any time we win it’s a quality win, especially at home against a good team.

Want some optimism Colgate fans? Take a look at the ECAC standings. I know it’s early but after the big 3 there’s a huge dropoff. Who’s going to finish 4th? Qpac? Dartmouth? Brown? Dare I say Colgate? With continued improvement from our freshmen and (hopefully) ANY improvement from the power play, who knows? Yeah I guess I’m dreaming but why not?

How about it Shabby?
              Colgate is winning Cornellesque style, good defense, good goaltending, very low scoring games. But this year even the Big Red have scoring, averaging about five goals a game, #1 in the country in GPG. If we could just eke out one more goal a game our record would be great, well over .500, until we get some more scoring wins are going to remain at a premium. I'll take three points every weekend and be happy, should have had four this weekend though.

Right now it's Cornell, Harvard, and Clarkson, after that, fourth thru twelvth is a crapshoot, no team has really ascerted itself.
              I'm fairly happy tied for fourth and 3-2-1 in ECAC standings, our best start in awhile and, we can't drop for two weeks assuming no league games next weekend.
              Last edited by sshablak; 11-24-2019, 08:27 AM.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                Right now it's Cornell, Harvard, and Clarkson, after that, fourth thru twelvth is a crapshoot, no team has really ascerted itself.
                My point exactly. And if the power play ever gets going that would give us (at least) the one extra goal a game you’re talking about.

Comment

Interesting note on the USCHO top 20, Colgate this season is 2-2-2 against all those teams receiving votes (QU 1-0-0) Umass Lowell (1-0-1) BC (0-1-0) Clarkson (0-1-0) Providence (0-0-1). Note bad if you ask me.

Comment

It is starting to get exciting.
                    Colgate team went from Dublin to Galway, but have been settled into Belfast for days.
                    Motorcoach tour of 20 or so Colgate fans/parents arrived in Belfast this morning after two days in Dublin.
                    Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Dinner at Titanic Experience for all four teams and parent/fan groups.
                    PWR 40 Colgate opens against PWR 44 Princeton on Friday (though it is nowhere to be found on CHN app schedule), with PWR 32 New Hampshire taking on PWR 22 Northeastern.
                    Happy Thanksgiving, and Go ‘Gate!!
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-27-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I am at SSE Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland, for this afternoon’s Hockey East contest between New Hampshire and Northeastern.
                      This evening’s non-conference match-up will be Colgate vs. Princeton.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                        I am at SSE Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland, for this afternoon’s Hockey East contest between New Hampshire and Northeastern.
                        This evening’s non-conference match-up will be Colgate vs. Princeton.
                        Both games are league games
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          Both games are league games
                          Nope the ECAC dropped that, Colgate and Princeton both have league home games against each other.

Comment

Sometimes the better team doesn’t win.
                            Today, it did.
                            Northeastern 4, New Hampshire 0, final score.
                            New Hampshire 19, Northeastern 15, final SOG.
                            Northeastern will face the winner of tonight’s Colgate-Princeton game in tomorrow’s fifth-ever Friendship Four tourney finale.
                            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-29-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Andrew Farrier led Colgate onto the ice.

Comment

Colgate 1, Princeton 0, score after one.
                                We out-played Princeton from the drop of the puck.
                                But we didn’t get the goal until 13 seconds remaining in the period.
                                Andrew Farrier made a couple of really good saves.
                                We seem to have confidence going for us.
                                SOG were posted in the first game, but not yet in this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X