Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

I will sleep well if Cornell and Union both go down tonight.
    Goalie change for Princeton... Ferland in, Forget out.
    I don’t blame Forget at all on our three goals.
    Getting chippy here.

Comment

we are only 3 points behind the mighty cornell

Comment

Colgate 3, Princeton 0, final score.
        I was so excited that I am not sure about SOG, other than we led.

I often say a goalie ‘deserves a shutout,’ and Andrew Farrier did tonight. Not that he faced a lot of quality shots, but he stopped every one they threw at him.

It is so interesting (to me)... it seems like Princeton is where we were at just last year. And now, when we play, from the drop of the puck, I feel that we have a legitimate chance to win. We have two good goalies (maybe three), a solid defense, and an offense that is starting to show itself. And, to everyone’s surprise, the special teams kicked in tonight. I can’t wait to get to Quinnipiac, who may be fat-n-lazy after filling itself up on bear meat tonight.

Comment

Pleasant dreams Iowa.

Comment

Great win tonight and huge kudos to Andrew Farrier for his first ECAC shutout!!!! Not one but TWO power play goals???????????? An overall well played game.
            It was nice to see Coach and Ron Fogarty talking longer than usual after the handshake.
            Great win by Qpac, though I think that the Cornell team must have the flu or an illness to lose by 5 goals!!!!!!!!! Anyway, it's always nice to see them get beat!!!!
            Go 'Gate!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CU13 View Post
              Great win tonight and huge kudos to Andrew Farrier for his first ECAC shutout!!!! Not one but TWO power play goals???????????? An overall well played game.
              It was nice to see Coach and Ron Fogarty talking longer than usual after the handshake.
              Great win by Qpac, though I think that the Cornell team must have the flu or an illness to lose by 5 goals!!!!!!!!! Anyway, it's always nice to see them get beat!!!!
              Go 'Gate!!!!!!!
              The flu?! You know I never thought of that....clearly best Quinnipiac game of season from team with 20+ freshman & sophomores. They seem to get better after each loss. And the line changes they'll put in front of Gate tomorrow night are yielding big improvements end to end.

This is not the team you faced earlier this season....strap in boys, you are going to see a team on fire 4 lines deep, that has found their game.

So Gate always plays Quinnipiac well and expect battle, but will check into flu bug comment to validate and will watch tomorrow night to verify team has finally found the line combos. Lot of new players and lot of graduation. Takes 1/2 season to gel.

Comment

SnowDogFlyer…….I never meant any negativity toward Qpac with my comment. Cornell is formidable and not having the advantage of watching the game, I could only assume they were ill. I am PSYCHED you beat them!!! Hope your winning streak ends tomorrow, though. Go 'Gate!!

Comment

We don't have the flu, Q just beat the ever loving snot outta us. It was worse than the score. That was... not pleasant.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                    SnowDogFlyer…….I never meant any negativity toward Qpac with my comment. Cornell is formidable and not having the advantage of watching the game, I could only assume they were ill. I am PSYCHED you beat them!!! Hope your winning streak ends tomorrow, though. Go 'Gate!!
                    I did not even remotely think any negativity. The reason is I also follow New England prep hockey and lot of teams are flu ridden and cancelling games. It is a very real liability we don't consider too often and I was being sincere saying I had not considered that. I greatly respect Cornell and if they are healthy - they simply got outplayed. This certainly was not the team they saw in the first half and for Quinnipiac, this was the very best Quinnipiac team all of us have seen this year. For Cornell, it is very very tough to be nationally ranked #1 and compete night after night against teams that circle you on their calendars as the game of their season.
                    Last edited by SnowDogFlyer; 02-01-2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

2 PPs...solid effort in a game we had to win...Q-Pac young but very talented...they will at times be inconsistent (youth) but at their best they are very good...we just added a 4-star recruit from the USHL for 2020 who had initially committed to Northeastern...first African-American kid in a while for DV (good to see), who gets kudos for his strength and shot...last name Mitton...overall the 2020 and 2021 classes probably not great, but they grade out quite well (Cornell type rankings according to Neutral Zone)...2 points out of next 6 would be just fine...

Comment

Andrew Farrier led the team out on the ice for tonight’s pre-game warm-up. People are still abuzz about last night’s 5-0 rout of Cornell.
                        Number 9 is on the ice.
                        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-01-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Colgate 12, Quinnipiac 10, SOG after one.
                          Colgate 0, Quinnipiac 0, score after one.
                          Quinnipiac 9, Colgate 8, faceoffs won after one.

We out-shot Quinnipiac, but I’d say we were out-played. A lot of whack-a-mole on our part. Both goalies are playing well.
                          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-01-2020, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Quinnipiac 25, Colgate 19, SOG after two.
                            Colgate 1, Quinnipiac 1, score after two.

Both goalies are playing well.
                            They had PPG.
                            I think we are still being out-played, but...
                            Tyler Jeanson scored with just seconds left in the period.

Comment

Quinnipiac 38, Colgate 28, final SOG.
                              Quinnipiac 2, Colgate 1, final score.

Played a good game.

Comment

Officially Cornell week!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X