Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

As excited as I was for a bye, I’m just happy we need only two points for a home weekend. What a difference two straight losses makes.

Comment

Considering our home record maybe we would be better off on the road. Either way it looks like we’ll be playing Brown.

Comment

Fair weather Colgate men’s ice hockey fans may want to stay home tonight in the comfort and safety of their homes, as the following Winter Weather Advisory has been issued by the National Weather Service...

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST SATURDAY

* WHAT...Lake effect snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2
        to 5 inches.
        * WHERE...Onondaga and Madison counties.
        * WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Saturday.

Apparently this advisory is only in effect for the game against Clarkson, the team that blew us out 5-1 in Potsdam earlier this season. Fair weather fans can return safely to the Class of ‘65 Arena on Saturday for the contest against PWR #59 Saint Lawrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
          Considering our home record maybe we would be better off on the road. Either way it looks like we’ll be playing Brown.
          You're right, and Brown beat us twice.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
            Fair weather Colgate men’s ice hockey fans may want to stay home tonight in the comfort and safety of their homes, as the following Winter Weather Advisory has been issued by the National Weather Service...

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM EST SATURDAY

* WHAT...Lake effect snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2
            to 5 inches.
            * WHERE...Onondaga and Madison counties.
            * WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Saturday.

Apparently this advisory is only in effect for the game against Clarkson, the team that blew us out 5-1 in Potsdam earlier this season. Fair weather fans can return safely to the Class of ‘65 Arena on Saturday for the contest against PWR #59 Saint Lawrence.
            2"-5" in Central NY ?? Please.... a mere dusting !!!
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Mitch Benson in goal tonight.

Comment

Clarkson 5, Colgate 4, SOG after one.
                Colgate 0, Clarkson 0, score after one.

Don is fired up tonight.

Comment

Colgate 13, Clarkson 11, SOG after two.
                  Clarkson 1, Colgate 0, score after two.

We played an aggressive, physical game that period.
                  We had a great penalty kill, unfortunately they scored after the penalty but before the next whistle.
                  Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-28-2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Colgate 28, Clarkson 21, final SOG.
                    Colgate 1, Clarkson 1, after OT.

Great game.

Comment

Good game played by Colgate. Both Colgate men and women scored with just seconds left, both almost down to the exact second, to tie their games at 1-1.. And just like that Cornell is your 2020 regular season champions.

Comment

effort is not usually an issue and tonight the effort was very impressive...deserved at least one point...take care of business tomorrow night please...

Comment

And with that we have our first playoff game in the new rink
                          Last edited by red133883; 02-28-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                            And with that we have our first playoff game in the new rink
                            Won't be the first. Had a series a couple years ago.

Comment

Back in Owego and still wound up.
                              What a solid effort by the team tonight.
                              I think Clarkson probably looked past us towards the Big Game at Lynah tomorrow, which is totally understandable. And we took advantage of it by playing them close the entire game, even outplaying them at times. I thought we were more lucky than good in the first, but our second and third periods were outstanding. We haven’t been that aggressive and physical in a long time, in my opinion.
                              I continue to love Clarkson (drove up there last Saturday to see their Dartmouth game), and how well they travel. Very vocal with their Let’s Go Tech chant, which is great atmosphere for a college hockey game. Having said that, in my three years of being back East, I don’t ever remember their fans (as a whole) as whiny as they were tonight. I sincerely hope that they aren’t trying to out-do Cornell fans (and coaches) in that regard now, where every loss or tie is because the officials are against them and the moons aren’t aligned properly. Sheesh!
                              Oh, yeah, two years ago, we beat RPI in three games at home in the first round, only to travel to Clarkson for the second round and lose in another three games. Colton Point’s farewell games.
                              P.P.S - Mitch Benson played another terrific game, as he has in the past. I feel really good about our two well-tested goalies, Mitch Benson and Andrew Farrier.
                              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-28-2020, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Very good game last night, again just need some offense.

Next year recruit Alex Young has 36G 46 A 82 TP in 53 games for Canmore in the AJHL. Optimism abounds !
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X