Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Iowa, if you look at our record book we're undefeated against a number of teams, most of them from ancient history. Because of the rivalry in other sports, I did notice we're 5-0 lifetime vs Holy Cross with 2 of those wins in their rink. So there's one example!

Records start on p. 25... https://s3.amazonaws.com/gocolgatera...n_s_Hockey.pdf

Comment

IBT. TheCoat has all your requested data. Seriously. Will provide just after my daily round of shock therapy
      Glad to see McMann net two last night. Decent game. The young man has hit a lot of posts in his career

Comment

I knew I was missing one year, undefeated in 1915, 1-0, no coach. In 1942-43, 11-0 with Greg Batt who later coached Hamilton College for years and played for the Clinton Comets, I played with his son Greg Jr, semipro, for 10 years. Lastly in 1946-47, 14-0 with Howie Starr as coach, (Starr Rink) Howie was my bantam coach in 63. Getting carried away but love the old facts.
        Last edited by sshablak; 11-16-2019, 11:08 AM.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Mitch Benson led the team on the ice for tonight’s ECAC match-up at Clarkson’s Cheel Arena, where Clarkson holds a 15-12-9 advantage over Colgate. The all-time series record (since 1927-28) is 88-53-18, favoring the Golden Knights.

Comment

Clarkson 10, Colgate 6, SOG early in second.
            Clarkson 2, Colgate 1, score after one.
            Defensive miscue gave Cockrell the puck... and the goal.
            Then Clarkson scored PPG and then SHG.

Comment

Clarkson 20, Colgate 9, SOG after two.
              Clarkson 4, Colgate 1, score after two.
              2 more PPG’s for Clarkson.
              Penalty box trouble for Colgate.

Comment

Clarkson 26, Colgate 13, SOG final.
                Clarkson 5, Colgate 1, final score.
                Clarkson ENG.
                Blow-Out.

Comment

what's the definition of insanity? After it became 3-1 I turned the game off...2 PPs against, 1 SH against to that point...what the point of watching?

Comment

Sometimes it’s like a train wreck, but I can’t not watch.
                    The vast majority of the penalties went against ‘Gate tonight.
                    Coach Don wasn’t a screamer, but he clearly wasn’t happy and he let the referees know it after the game.
                    I had to remind Clarkson fans around me after the game that ‘good teams’ split on the road and sweep at home. My Raiders did just that this weekend, but what about their Golden Knights? he he he
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-16-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                      Sometimes it’s like a train wreck, but I can’t not watch.
                      The vast majority of the penalties went against ‘Gate tonight.
                      Coach Don wasn’t a screamer, but he clearly wasn’t happy and he let the referees know it after the game.
                      I had to remind Clarkson fans around me after the game that ‘good teams’ split on the road and sweep at home. My Raiders did just that this weekend, but what about their Golden Knights? he he he
                      “Good teams” put more then a bakers dozen shots on net in a 60 minute game.. he he he

Comment

Good for you, Iowa! Love your posts! Go 'Gate!!

Comment

CLK... I am glad that you read my comments and have a sense of humor, too. Thanks.

Comment

Sounds like you got the "razz" by the Clarkson fans last night Iowa ? You must have got under his skin too, for him to follow you here. Good job !
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              Sounds like you got the "razz" by the Clarkson fans last night Iowa ? You must have got under his skin too, for him to follow you here. Good job !
                              All in fun and games guys! And no, it’s been a long time since anything Colgate has gotten under anyone’s skin hahaha..

Comment

I see we have a newbie "thread" jumping...and he's a rookie as well (join date: 3/2019)...well, CLKHockey, one thread "jump" is enough...yes, we're down, but if you're old enough you may realize Clarkson went through a decade of poor performance, and that with an AI (academic index) that is light year's lower than Colgate's...at this point let it go and go home...

Comment

Working...
                                X