Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Somebody really should have clued me in sooner to the fact that the goal is only to come out and support Colgate men’s ice hockey when it’s fair weather (it was 15 below in Hamilton this morning), or it’s less expensive and safer than staying home (and watching it on ESPN+), or the team is talent-laden (and definitely headed to the ECAC tournament in Lake Placid). Thanks, guys.

Comment

Andrew Farrier led the Raiders on the ice for tonight’s pre-game warm-up. Will Friend is backing him up again.

Comment

Pretty solid period. Union did not have many chances and very few grade a shots

Comment

Colgate 8, Union 5, SOG after one.
          Colgate 1, Union 0, score after one.

Beautiful goal by Panetta.

Comment

Colgate 20, Union 14, SOG in third.
            Colgate 2, Union 0, score in third.

Being outplayed at present.

Comment

Union 26, Colgate 25, final SOG.
              Colgate 4, Union 0, final score.

Shutout for Andrew Farrier (confidence booster).

Blowout (even though it didn’t feel like it; mid-period ENG helps).
              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-15-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Felt a lot warmer leaving the arena tonight, iowa! Sorry to miss you again, will be back for the last regular season games in a couple of weeks. Glad to get the split, let's build on it...

Comment

I imagine Coach Bennett is as upset after last night as DV was the night before...nonetheless, a solid performance (workmanlike) and the necessary two points...Yale is playing better and our recent record against the Elis suggests a tough game in New Haven...maybe Brown and (necessarily) SLU for four points...10-9-3 should get us 6th...league is essentially divided in three parts this year and it's top four, middle four, and bottom four...Cockrell stepping it up (and, as usual, McMann)...

Comment

So this weekend was basically a wash, all important teams(from Colgate’s perspective) got 2 pts. Random: nice Colgate shout out by Pierre, tirico and milbury

Comment

I assume your all know that Ryan McGuire - Pierre's son - is a Colgate commit (2021) and having a very good year at Belmont Hill this year...

Comment

Andrew Farrier is tied with Galadja(Cornell) with a .923 SAA good for fifteenth in the nation. If only we could score some goals. Lugnut's projected simulations still has us fifth in the final standings. This is based upon our easier schedule vs RPI's schedule going forward, they own the tiebreaker.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Quiet here, guess it's anticlimactic where we're going to finish, between 5th and eighth.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Shabby, when was the last time a Colgate thread on here really lit up? he he he

I am taking the weekend off from Colgate hockey to spend time with friends. Will see Syracuse University club hockey tonight (at a new arena for me) with Buffalo Dave. Then he and I will see Clarkson Doug and Dartmouth Doug on Saturday night at Cheel in Potsdam. Should be good times with good friends in the North Country. Of my Frozen Foursome, only Alaska Mike will be missing.

Comment

sadly I get the impression that I had more invested in winning this game than our program did...record vis-a-vis RPI and Brown this year: 0-4-0, 3 (yes 3) goals scored, 13 given up...3rd period PP was embarrassing (as usual), and I repeat >>>>>>>>130+ games, 260 goals scored...are you serious? I'll go to Yale and watch us lose, something like 4-1...what's so very disappointing is not one specific game, or even one specific season; it's now 5 years (or 13 if one is so inclined) of these results...incoming classes do look better, but do you really want the same direction at the top? For those of us who bleed Colgate Men's Hockey we have been beyond patient, way beyond patient...

Comment

BTW, note that RPI beat Q-Pac this evening, 4-0...what is Dave Smith doing right, in turning around a program that was in the toilet? It's now 13 years since we've had a competitive program (with a two-year exception)...how many potential Colgate hockey fans have been lost? And finally, the supposition that merely spending $38M on a new rink would elevate our program to (at least) where it was from the early 80s through 2006 was foolish and, to a degree, lazy...

Comment

Working...
                                X