Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    sadly I get the impression that I had more invested in winning this game than our program did...record vis-a-vis RPI and Brown this year: 0-4-0, 3 (yes 3) goals scored, 13 given up...3rd period PP was embarrassing (as usual), and I repeat >>>>>>>>130+ games, 260 goals scored...are you serious? I'll go to Yale and watch us lose, something like 4-1...what's so very disappointing is not one specific game, or even one specific season; it's now 5 years (or 13 if one is so inclined) of these results...incoming classes do look better, but do you really want the same direction at the top? For those of us who bleed Colgate Men's Hockey we have been beyond patient, way beyond patient...

Good night not to be there Iowa, this was lackluster all the way and it seemed like we were the beneficiary of the PP. That being said the PP was so bad it didn’t matter. This was a bad loss for a team I was hoping could finish 5th, just still no offense at all. The arena was empty to say the least, should have been 2 points but RPI got them instead to help solidify 5th. We can’t afford a lose tomorrow. Need to finish in 6th at the worst. Announcers were very good from Brown though on ESPN+, kept a lot of energy and were not that bias at all.

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Due to further computer problems and ESPN+ snafus, was not able to see match. Looks like we lost, 4-2. Any reports on the game would be welcome. What does this do to our league standing?
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

the effort was certainly there tonight...some bad bounces hurt and, again, goal scoring a continuing problem...McMann, as usual, very good...to beat a dead horse, we simply have to get faster and more skilled...as you know, the difference between a .600 season and a .400 season in college hockey can often be quite small...2.2 goals/game this year (and 2 goals/game for the last four years) pretty much sums up the problem...

Comment

with the 2019-2020 almost complete the program's (almost) five-year composite record is now 57 wins, 102 losses, 23 ties...is anybody listening? does anybody care? I know people on this thread do...

Comment

Unfortuneately there's not much WE can do Greeny ! Being a Browns fan I'm used to worse, most of my attention goes to the Bruins.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

spot on Shabby...BTW, we haven't clinched 8th place yet...44th in Pairwise...from a somewhat encouraging 7-7-4 after the first weekend in December we've gone 3-9-2...

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                Being a Browns fan I'm used to worse, most of my attention goes to the Bruins.
                Sadly, my hockey attention is also mainly focused on the Bruins. This is my 15th season following the program and it feels like after that loss to Harvard in the 2015 ECAC Championship game, we've been unable to recover from it.

I was at Friday's game, and the turning point came in the 2nd period, where we gave up a SHORTHANDED goal 12 seconds into a power play. A shorthanded goal is a cardinal sin in hockey. Seriously, you have an extra skater on the ice, it's downright EMBARRASSING!

We're slumping at the wrong time, losing 6 of our last 7 and thumping down the standings into 8th place. In December I booked a hotel in Lake Placid, thinking maybe this team will make it there this season. Now it's looking very unlikely unless we turn it around FAST.
                Colgate '09

Comment

Not going to happen !
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Looking at the scores of this past weekend's ECAC games, EVERY TEAM except Colgate earned at least 1 point in the standings. This really hurts.
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                      Due to further computer problems and ESPN+ snafus, was not able to see match. Looks like we lost, 4-2. Any reports on the game would be welcome. What does this do to our league standing?
                      Luckily I'm able to watch the Rangers win another game when ESPN+ fails me :-)
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                        Looking at the scores of this past weekend's ECAC games, EVERY TEAM except Colgate earned at least 1 point in the standings. This really hurts.
                        It only hurts if you were expecting us to win.
                        We finished 10-23-3 last season. With more ties than losses so far this year, it's nice to know we're on the upswing.
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

CHN has a feature story on DV. I thought it was pretty interesting.

Comment

Me, too Magoo. Nice article. Interesting timing, eh?

Comment

It is an interesting article, but he may be calling the schools bluff with telling the writer he isn’t expecting to retire in the near future.

Comment

solid observation red133883...a good and thorough article, no doubt...wonder if was "cleared" through our AD office...I really don't know if that process is good or bad, but another year of .400 hockey should actually matter...
                                it hasn't mattered for a long time...how much longer?

Comment

Working...
                                X