Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

What gets me is it was Senior Night. I feel %#@%$ for those guys who gave it their all over four years. They deserved a better last home regular season game....in front of their families.

Uh....it's on to the playoffs.

P.S. - There is no pain like seeing Cornell whip Clarkson and win the regular season ECAC title :-(
    Last edited by ColSkate65; 03-01-2020, 07:36 AM.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

According to the box score McAvoy will not be playing on Friday. Got a game DQ. No announcement made but that is what the box score says

Comment

Last season, in our final regular season game, we played the last place team and lost, falling from 9th to 10th in the standings.
        Last night, in our final regular season game, we played the last place team and couldn't muster a win. We could have jumped up to 6th place but instead we're 8th.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but we're 1-6-2 in our last 9 games and went 3-6-6 at home all season. It's a "same old, same old" feeling now.
        Colgate '09

Comment

congrats to RPI and Dave Smith for a great end to a good season...REAL progress since he took over a moribund program less than three years ago...here's a run down (2020 is year-to-date) of MIH's winning percentages since the 2015-16 season: .324, .324, .500, 319, .412...enough said...

Comment

Do you actually think anyone here reading these posts can do anything about our hockey program ?
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
              congrats to RPI and Dave Smith for a great end to a good season...REAL progress since he took over a moribund program less than three years ago...here's a run down (2020 is year-to-date) of MIH's winning percentages since the 2015-16 season: .324, .324, .500, 319, .412...enough said...
              As a long suffering RPI fan, I can feel the pain of Raider fans. With friends in Hamilton I usually get to a few games a year at '65 rink (A beautiful building) and am always stunned by the low attendance, especially from students. Sometimes I think college leaders are more concerned with the students staying out of trouble and graduating, with the game results secondary. Certainly RPI endured this as Appert led teams consistently failed to make any kind of noise in the playoffs and never made a Lake Placid trip.

I don't know what direction Colgate will go, but it sure seems that it might be time for a new voice at the helm.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Okay, enough time has passed since the Saint Lawrence disappointment to where I am excited about Colgate hockey again.

I will be attending all two (or three) games against Brown this weekend, so stop over and say ‘hey.’ Last week Professor Tom did just that and I really appreciated it.

Some might say that this season has been an emotional roller-coaster, as we never know who we are going to see play... Doctor Jekyll or Mister Hyde. I don’t care for that analogy as it has a negative connotation to me. I prefer to think of every game as being like a package on Christmas morning... you never know what you are going to get as it’s always a surprise!!
                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-05-2020, 12:20 AM.

Comment

So who starts in goal tonight ?

Comment

Overall, our offense and defense have both been so anemic for the past two years, that I don’t blame our goaltenders at all for our situations. I think they have both kept us in games way more times than they have taken us out of games. That is not to say that each hasn’t had a poor performance on the rare occasion (3 goals on maybe 3 shots when Mitch Benson was pulled earlier this season; RPI game a couple of weeks ago for Andrew Farrier). But, no matter who leads the team onto the ice each night this weekend, I will feel very comfortable with our goaltender. Having said that, after witnessing coach Don Vaughan’s strategy night in and night out over three seasons, my guess is that Mitch Benson will be in goal tonight. Of course, three weeks ago, I thought we would be hosting Saint Lawrence tonight.
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-06-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Oh, and speaking of our goalies, I heard recently that our other goalie, Will Friend, never expected to play much and is okay with his role on the team (backed up Andrew Farrier recently when Mitch Benson was injured in practice). That makes me feel better (not that that fact means a lot to the team).

Comment

Goaltending has not been our problem, we all know that.

Comment

totally agree...while perhaps not spectacular both goalies have been pretty consistently solid with similar GAAs and save percentages...it's scoring goals, pure and simple...to beat a dead horse, you can't play c. 135 games in almost four years, score c. 270 goals (yes, 2/game) and expect to be anything more than a .400 hockey team...frankly, because of decent goaltending and taking care of business in our own end, our .400 mark is actually higher than one would expect in the goal-scoring scenario...defensively the kids have bought into the game plan, no doubt, and 3/game is probably out of reach...but the difference between 2.5 goals/game and 2/game is huge...

Comment

If it makes you guys feel any better, Brown has also gotten good goaltending but has struggled to score consistently, arguably to an even greater extent than Colgate. Who's ready for three 0-0 games decided in overtime??

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              Goaltending has not been our problem, we all know that.
                              Top Goaltender - Friends of Alberta Junior Hockey League Trophy

Carter Gylander of the Sherwood Park Crusaders is the recipient of the Friends of AJHL Trophy as the Top Goaltender for the 2019-20 season. The annual award is presented to the goalie who demonstrated the greatest ability in his position throughout the season. https://ajhl.ca/media-centre/news-ar...html?nID=16900
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Arrived early at the Class of 1965 Arena in Hamilton, N.Y., for tonight’s ECAC first round tournament action and have a question...

Does anybody know how often they update the Silver Puck Award plaque on the wall outside the Sullivan Suite, next to the Terry Slater display? I see that it is current as of 2015-2016, when Murray Decock was the recipient. Do you think they do it every five years? If so, they may want to begin planning for the 2020-2021 update.

Comment

Working...
                                X