Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

So just a thought here, but as much as you dont want to have overtime and would have just liked a clean good finish. We hadnt scored since about four minutes left in the first period, as far as momentum could it be good that we were forced to have that OT and needed to score to win

Comment

spot on comments...good to have some luck, but we'll have to elevate our game over 60 minutes to have any chance against Clarkson (I am assuming Yale wins tonight, perhaps not wisely)...

Comment

Wondering what happened to Jacob Panetta #15 last night. He got hurt in the first period and didn't play the rest of the game. Anyone know why? Happy for the team on their sweep. Since RPI has made the decision to ban fans from the games vs Harvard next weekend due to the Coronavirus, I am wondering if all the ECAC home teams will make that decision. Sure would take the home team advantage for both Clarkson and Qpac out of the game. Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Colgate is headed to Clarkson's newly-renovated Cheel Arena in Potsdam, N.Y., on Friday, March 13, and Saturday, March 14, for ECAC Hockey's second round.
          And Sunday, March 15, if necessary.

Comment

• I know there has been some discussion on attendance at Colgate but check out Adam Wodon’s tweet from CHN about attendance from Regular season to this playoff weekend. Colgate did not do that bad actually compared to some of these other schools. Either Corona or Break or both, I’m not sure. Minnesota for example went from 7,714 avg to 2,147 avg this weeeknd. I’m watching the game on FS2 now and nobody is there. Nobody at Dartmouth or Yale it looked like either from what I saw.

Comment

EmptyNet, thanks for the heads-up on Adam Wodon's tweet. I really like his CHN articles, especially a recent one on attendance decline. Last year, I attended 60 short-track auto races, after Frozen Four and before Colgate at Ferris State. The majority were poorly attended in comparison to the same types of races in the Seventies, Eighties and Nineties. Misery does not love company in this regard. I truly believe the internet, smartphones and Pay-Per-View are changing the business model of short-track auto racing, college hockey, and sports (and life) in general. It's why I am so intrigued by the ECAC/ESPN+ partnership and what the schools receive monthly.
              I just purchased my Colgate-Clarkson tix, to go along with my Lake Placid and Detroit tix (and lodging). I have decided that even if the events become spectator-free, I am still going to those locations/hotels, but I will just find other things to do there. Attica, Ohio, sprint car racing is already plan 'B' for the Frozen Four in Detroit.
              Go 'Gate.

Comment

It's nice to be playing beyond March 11th for the first time since the 2014-15 season! Playoff hockey games are a different breed from regular season games and no playoff game is easy, especially a series-clinching game. The series with Brown wasn't easy, but the fact that we were able to sweep them and take care of business at home indicates that this team isn't quitting (and give credit to Brown in Game 2 - their backs were against the wall).

Meanwhile, it's deja vu for Colgate Athletics - men's basketball is in the Patriot League championship game, while men's ice hockey is traveling to Clarkson for the ECAC Quarterfinal round. This also happened in 2008 and 2018.
                Colgate '09

Comment

Email from Clarkson University this morning...

The University is keeping to its normal schedule, which includes events in Cheel Arena. At this time, we are asking anyone who has traveled to a location designated by the CDC as a Level 2 or 3 risk to not attend any Clarkson events within 14 days of travel, and the same from individuals who have been active in specific geographies or groups with known outbreaks. We are asking anyone who is sick or believes they may have been in contact with someone who is sick to stay home.

We are also telling our community and guests that it is okay to suspend social etiquette practices such as eliminating handshakes or other forms of personal contact when greeting others.

Throughout our campus operations, we are actively promoting the CDC’s counsel on everyday preventive behaviors. Stay home when sick. Cover coughs and sneezes. Frequently wash hands with soap and water. Keep hands away from your face and clean frequently touched surfaces.

Comment

Colgate apparently headed to (Marquette in) Northern Michigan next season.

Previously reported... UConn coming to Hamilton, N.Y., in 2020-21.

Comment

Harvard forfeits series to RPI, what's next ?
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        Essex Co. declared a state of emergency today, so I would expect news from the ECAC very shortly on if/when/how anything resembling playoffs might occur.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          What’s next is Cornell will get a free trip to LP(I’m assuming here). Everyone else will reseed. Clarkson would be top remaining seed drawing Princeton. Colgate to QU, and Yale to RPI??

Would they consider giving someone a second chance at life to take Harvard’s spot? Would they give RPI the golden ticket? We will see. I’m guessing Cornell gets the golden ticket.

Comment

At 7:51 p.m. Eastern...

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...virus-outbreak

Comment

At 8:48 p.m. Eastern, from Clarkson University...

Tonight, Wed. March 11th, at 7:16 p.m. the ECAC Hockey League Office in conjunction with the ECAC Athletic Directors, has moved to a six-team format to finish the rest of the ECAC Championship Tournament. Harvard and Yale chose to end their seasons.

With two of the top eight remaining teams pulling out, the ECAC reseeded the tournament to keep the integrity of the bracket. Based on regular season results, Cornell and Clarkson will receive a bye to the semifinals in the Championship Tournament. The remaining teams will play the following Quarterfinal Series:

· Quinnipiac will host Princeton

· RPI will host Colgate

The winners will advance to the semifinals with Cornell and Clarkson.

Due to the bye, Clarkson will not be hosting ECAC Quarterfinal Games this weekend at Cheel Arena.

Comment

Colgate just announced they're going remote for the rest of the semester. Not sure what it means for our sports teams just yet...
                                https://www.colgate.edu/about/office...nformation-and

Comment

Working...
                                X