Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    with a down year for the ECAC we may have only two NCAA teams, .
    At the moment we're on a PWR pace for three:
    Code:
     3. Cornell
     9. Clarkson
    14. Quinnipiac
    I wouldn't call this a "down" year so much as a "high Gini Coefficient" year.

but I expect Cornell will represent the league quite well...an NCAA title would be icing on the cake for a very good coach in Ithaca...
    From your keys to the Hockey Gods' ears.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We're no longer sixtieth in our PP anymore. After a three for eight 37.5% weekend we're now fifty eighth.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        At the moment we're on a PWR pace for three:
        Code:
         3. Cornell
         9. Clarkson
        14. Quinnipiac
        I wouldn't call this a "down" year so much as a "high Gini Coefficient" year.

From your keys to the Hockey Gods' ears.
        However, Clarkson is at Quinny Friday - either QU will fall below the threshold, or the two teams will roughly flip. I think it's pretty likely that only 2 teams make the NCAA unless both of those 2 teams finish strong
        Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
        Clarkson 1990

Comment

Since all the teams have now played the same number of games where do you guys think Colgate will end up in the standings

Comment

If we play really well in these last 6 games, 5th place. If we split the 3 weekends, 6th place.
            Colgate '09

Comment

Hard to tell, somewhere between 5th and eighth.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I’m thinking we get 6 points these last 6 games. The ties against Princeton and Harvard at home probably killed any realistic hope for 4th place. Hopefully we do no worse than 6th.

But as we all know, having home ice isn’t an advantage for us.

Comment

Tie with RPI,
                  Win over Union,
                  Win over Brown,
                  Win over Yale,
                  Loss to Clarkson (blow-out) and
                  Win over Saint Lawrence (blow-out).
                  And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

So Iowa where does that put us in the standings. I would go out on a limb and say if we get 9 points, we are 4th-5th

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                      Tie with RPI,
                      Win over Union,
                      Win over Brown,
                      Win over Yale,
                      Loss to Clarkson (blow-out) and
                      Win over Saint Lawrence (blow-out).
                      And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen.
                      Union and Yale will be out for retribution. And Brown has been a thorn in our side in recent years. Not an easy game on the schedule moving forward.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

HUGE GAME TONIGHT. I hope they show up from the start

Comment

So far, so good, Red.
                          Andrew Farrier led the team on the ice for the pre-game warm-up, followed by his Friend. No Mitch sighting yet.
                          They’ve proved over and over, there are no easy games to forecast. But, there are definitely wins ahead, some easy and some not-so-easy. I will stick to my forecast for the remaining six games. They can do it.

Comment

Colgate 7, RPI 6, SOG after one.
                            Colgate 0, RPI 0, score after one.

After starting off with no defense other than our goalie, we settled down to play good hockey. We killed the only penalty of the period without letting them have one shot on net. Seriously.

Comment

a question for saps (like me) who are masochistic enough to watch this game...which is worse - the overall quality of play in the first period or the number (or lack thereof) of fannies in the seats...the announcer (who generally does a good job) suggests that the weather has been rather tough recently...really? In Hamilton during February? Gee, our snowflakes have to walk 500 yards to support their classmates...as to our penalty kill...I get a little tired of hearing how much improvement we've seen on the PK this year...well, a guess in the world of Colgate Hockey over the past 13 years a 77% kill rate is considered a substantial improvement...in other words, out of 60 teams we were ranked around 58th last year and we've improved to, what, 46th? This is a critical game for us in a down year in the ECAC...WMU scorched RPI for 12 goals last weekend...can we get two?

Comment

a question for saps (like me) who are masochistic enough to watch this game...which is worse - the overall quality of play in the first period or the number (or lack thereof) of fannies in the seats...the announcer (who generally does a good job) suggests that the weather has been rather tough recently...really? In Hamilton during February? Gee, our snowflakes have to walk 500 yards to support their classmates...as to our penalty kill...I get a little tired of hearing how much improvement we've seen on the PK this year...well, a guess in the world of Colgate Hockey over the past 13 years a 77% kill rate is considered a substantial improvement...in other words, out of 60 teams we were ranked around 58th last year and we've improved to, what, 46th? This is a critical game for us in a down year in the ECAC...WMU scorched RPI for 12 goals last weekend...can we get two?
                                FYI, Coat, and not to defend the small #s at the games, it’s currently -3*, with wind chill of -9* in Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                                X