Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

GreenCoat…..did you hear from someone that the team has the flu? If you are referring to that from my previous post, then I apologize for giving the wrong impression. I have no idea if the team has the flu.
    Also, kudos, as always to the RPITV broadcast. Always stellar!!! ColSkate, sometimes it takes me some time to login to ESPN+ but otherwise I am happy with the broadcast. I tried logging in (on my computer, even) from a friends house and couldn't do it. Hang in there. It stinks that you are having trouble watching the games!
    RPI's goalie Savory was unbelievable in net. Kudos to him.
    Lastly, can we get an effective Power Play??? Coach referred to it in the game summary last night and said they will work on it this week. I certainly hope so. How many years have we watched our beloved team have such an anemic PP?? Go 'Gate

Comment

CU13...definitely some flu issues this weekend, although I really don't know how widespread...my ESPN+ experience has been quite good, knock on wood...all of us have mentioned the PP so many times over so many years that there's not much left to say...it has really hurt us this year and HAS to get better if we want to go anywhere post-season...simple as that...

Comment

Anyone else on here planning on scouting PWR #1 Cornell this weekend as they host PWR #15 Northern Michigan at Lynah Rink?

Comment

I'll watch if it's on ESPN+. BTW, I used to stream the Gate games on my laptop and connect the laptop to my smart tv with an HDMI cable. I would go to Colgate athletics, hit sports, go to men's ice hockey, hit schedule, then hit watch over to the right. It came in fairly well. I found a way easier way to access ESPN+ which I use now.(And crystal clear HD picture.

When I turn on my smart tv on the bottom are apps, one being ESPN, I clicked on it and ESPN app was displayed. On the top says ESPN+, click on it and it goes to ESPN+. I can now watch all ECAC games, certain Bruin games, boxing, basketball, football, volleyball, Colgate women's hockey, too many more to mention. It costs 4.95 per month, and, unbelievable HDTV picture. If it sounds hard it's not, I'm not good with a computer.

It's AWESOME, if anyone needs help, I'd be happy to help you.
          Last edited by sshablak; 01-14-2020, 07:35 AM.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Anybody on here like an occasional beer or glass of wine while watching their college hockey at the rink?

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
              Anybody on here like an occasional beer or glass of wine while watching their college hockey at the rink?
              I would, but don’t you need a pass to get into that exclusive club at Class of 65 arena?😁🍷🍺

Comment

At Starr we could get a beer or wine between periods in the bowling alley(which was closed). It was great to see other fans that have been watching for 30-40 yrs or more. It was the only time I saw many old friends. Beer was not allowed outside the bowling alley, so we had a quick beer and watched period two and came back for another one and talked about the game, It was only open for the two intermissions.

Now you have to pay $500 to have a drink at the private bar plus buy your ticket on top of that. Touring the rink pre opening I saw painted over the concession stand a price for domestic or imported beer and we were told that beer would be sold. Rink opens, no beer and beer prices painted over, no deal. I was told the professors put the kibash on the idea. I have a buddy who will put the money up to open a meet n greet room with beers between periods so the real fans get have a beer between periods. As it stands we run out to the parking lot between periods if we want to imbibe. Pretty cold usually. They have a room they could use in the new rink also.

I guess the admin likes a half full rink every night except the Cornell game, it really helps the recruiting.
                Last edited by sshablak; 01-15-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Hey, you lushes, it has just been approved for the peons.

Comment

I received this email today...

Greetings,

Happy New Year! After much consideration, we are pleased to inform you that beginning this semester at all men's and women's home hockey games, we will be piloting the sale of beer and wine to the general public in the Class of 1965 Arena.

The pilot program will begin with the women's ice hockey game on Saturday, January 18, with a plan to continue it at all men’s and women’s ice hockey home games throughout this season. Our team in athletics has worked through the summer and fall with partners in the Dean of the College Office, Dean of the Faculty, and the Committee on Athletics to devise a thoughtful plan for the safe and responsible service of alcohol in Colgate athletics venues.

This decision comes with careful consideration of alcohol policies, including event management and staff protocols, safety measures, recommendations for risk mitigation, and model practices. We examined how both professional and collegiate venues manage the sale of alcohol and believe we have created a program that will allow our venues to be a safe space that will provide an opportunity for responsible drinking in our venues and on our campus.

Pilot Program Details:
                    Beer and wine, along with a full selection of non-alcoholic beverages and water, will be available for purchase at one window of the concourse concession stand.
                    The sale of beer and wine will be limited to those above the New York State legal drinking age of 21 years old.
                    A valid license, military ID, or passport will be required per each transaction. Servers reserve the right to ask for a second form of ID.
                    There is a one (1) drink maximum per person, per ID, per transaction for all patrons.
                    Alcohol must remain in the seating area or on the concourse level, and may not be carried through the concourse doors into the lobby.
                    There will be additional campus safety and/or security personnel on hand to enforce these policies.

As stated in the full policy regarding the sale of alcohol in athletics venues, this pilot program’s success and continuation are dependent on fans’ behaviors being consistent with expected behavior at athletic events. Fans are reminded that they are subject to University disciplinary policies and/or local laws.

At the conclusion of the hockey seasons, we will conduct a thorough review of the program to determine if the pilot program will continue into next season. Click Here to view the full policy that will govern the sale of alcohol in the Class of 1965 Arena.

Best Regards,
                    Dr. Nicki Moore
                    Vice President and Director of Athletics

Dr. Paul J. McLoughlin II
                    Vice President and Dean of the College

Comment

Great news for the men's games. It's definitely a better experience with a few cold ones. Kind of a no brainer as most college sports are going in this direction and not only does it make a better fan experience, its a revenue generator.

It doesn't really affect the women's games as the "parents'" lounge is open to anyone. Kind of annoying that when Ohio State was in town, half the lounge was populated by the enemy. Hopefully they change that policy now and keep it only for Colgate people since the riff raff can now get beer at the concession stand.
                      Last edited by Rightnut; 01-16-2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I like beer at games. And even though he complains a lot, I brought Shabby into the Sullivan lounge last year. He seems to like beer too...

Comment

Comment

Does anyone know why we would have no games on a weekend in the middle of January? Seems kind of weird and also depressing. Is it because Cornell is playing Western Michigan? Wouldn't this have been the best time for a home and home with Ithaca State? Not sure I can remember having an off weekend in the middle of the season before. Couldn't we have at least scheduled an "exhibition" game with Hamilton, Williams, or Amherst? Sheeesh.
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Colskate65, I tend to agree. But it did give me an opportunity to drive 26 miles to Ithaca to see Northern Michigan play then-number-one Big dRed. NM scored, then C. NM scored, then C. 2-2 after OT, which allowed North Dakota and Mankato to take positions 1-2 in PWR. I paid $20 to see Cornell slide to PWR #3, which was a fair trade in my book. Will do it again tonight.
                              IMO, Colgate is going to need to come out with guns blazing against Ithaca State. Be physical. Be aggressive. They are intimidating when they all stand up on their blue line. And no stupid penalties. They are tough enough at even strength.
                              Go ‘Gate (next weekend).

Comment

I can report I had my first general public beer at the women's game this afternoon (5-2 W). $5 for beer, $6 for wine, served from the back side of the concession stand. Was nice to put the cup holders at the seats in the new rink to proper use. Apparently they've been told to proof everybody, so be prepared!

Comment

Working...
                                X