Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Home game is Saturday night, I believe. At Cornell Sunday at 4 PM. Check on the website to confirm this as there are many moving parts with this snowstorm. Roads terrible in Central NY.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

From Cornell just now...

Given the inclement weather in Ithaca and surrounding counties, this evening’s men’s ice hockey game vs. Colgate will be postponed and is now scheduled for 4pm on Sunday, February 9th. All tickets purchased for this evening’s event will be valid for the new scheduled time. For those of you unable to attend the game on Sunday, we are offering tickets to be exchanged for any remaining, regular-season game. All ticket exchange requests must be submitted via email to bigredtix@cornell.edu by 12pm on Sunday. We will be processing exchanges on a first-come, first-serve basis and will assign best seats available with consideration to your current seat location. We will not be offering exchanges beyond that point, and all issued tickets will be valid for only the men’s ice hockey game vs. Colgate and reflect our traditionally purchase policy. Unused tickets will be forfeited.

We hope to see you at Lynah this Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
        From Cornell just now...

Given the inclement weather in Ithaca and surrounding counties, this evening’s men’s ice hockey game vs. Colgate will be postponed and is now scheduled for 4pm on Sunday, February 9th. All tickets purchased for this evening’s event will be valid for the new scheduled time. For those of you unable to attend the game on Sunday, we are offering tickets to be exchanged for any remaining, regular-season game. All ticket exchange requests must be submitted via email to bigredtix@cornell.edu by 12pm on Sunday. We will be processing exchanges on a first-come, first-serve basis and will assign best seats available with consideration to your current seat location. We will not be offering exchanges beyond that point, and all issued tickets will be valid for only the men’s ice hockey game vs. Colgate and reflect our traditionally purchase policy. Unused tickets will be forfeited.

We hope to see you at Lynah this Sunday.
        Geez.....I need a Philadelphia lawyer to figure that out..;(

Comment

Am at game. Pretty good crowd; Cornell travels well.
          Hosting two friends, so not keeping up on updates.
          But, Andrew Farrier is in goal.
          Cornell scored, Colgate PPG by McMann, two more by Cornell late in first (including one a PPG).
          Cornell just scored PPG in second. Cornell 4-1 in second.
          Scoreboard showing Cornell 15-1 SOG.
          Colgate extremely frustrated.

Comment

frankly the 17-3 shot advantage by Cornell is an apt representation of the difference between the size, speed and skill of the two teams...I'm going to bed; after well past a decade of the BS I am simply sick and tired of watching us manhandled virtually every year by our neighbors in Ithaca...apparently our approach to Morgan Baron is to give him as much time and space as he needs to score goals...for those of you who are masochistic enough to watch the third period I say to you: I admire your loyalty...frankly, saying we are outclassed is an understatement...

Comment

Anyone else have video issues tonight? It's start, stop, start,stop....freezing picture, freezing ads, freezing time outs....ESPN+ is failing miserably at this house :-(

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                Anyone else have video issues tonight? It's start, stop, start,stop....freezing picture, freezing ads, freezing time outs....ESPN+ is failing miserably at this house :-(
                I'm in RI. No issues.

Comment

Tonight’s game (and this weekend’s series) is not for fair-weather fans nor the faint of heart...

Cornell 24, Colgate 8, final SOG.
                  Cornell 4, Colgate 1, final score.

Comment

Cornell is #2 in the country for a reason. They are just that good.....as difficult as it is for me to say! Hey, we got a POWER PLAY goal against Cornell!! That is a great take away. So, all of the misconducts called on us toward the end of the game (Lunn and McMann) mean they can play tomorrow, right? Despite tonight's game, I still think we have a chance tomorrow at Cornell. Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Lunn absolutely shouldn’t play, that was a bad, unnecessary dangerous play.

Comment

Everybody gets a free power play goal vs. Cornell. It’s part of the package deal.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                          5-23-7.

That is our record against Cornell going back to the 2004-05 season.
                          I posted a similar stat a year or two ago and stated this is not a rivalry. Cornell is always a national contender. Colgate is not, has not been, and with Vaughan behind the bench, may never be. Five wins in 35 games...and people are excited about a ppg? Loyalty aside, this is painful to endure year in and year out.

The women are on the same trajectory. Cornell is nationally-ranked each year and has had our number nearly every time. This year we were outscored 7-0, gave up a SHG, and one player scored a hat trick.

I admire Cornell's program, but losing to them has been the standard. Sadly, it is the one opponent that has become easy to predict and ignore. The men haven't even been a worthy travel partner over the years :-/
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

not surprisingly I agree with everything TchrBill says (see above)...now returned from my rubber room I will say that next year's incoming class looks pretty good, perhaps the best since the "Spink Class"...the addition of 4-star recruit Ross Mitton - initially committed to NE - was important...we should be more skilled and faster next year...the question remains: can we compete against elite teams when they play good hockey...in Silver Puck Council news I did receive my 15th consecutive mimeographed, robo-signed "thank you" note just two weeks ago...as we have said many times on our thread, simply building an elite facility doesn't guarantee success...is anybody listening?

Comment

Nope ! I know you guys are frustrated but what did you expect playing the #2 team in the country ? Did you expect a win ? Just curious.
                              Last edited by sshablak; 02-09-2020, 10:18 AM.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

2017-2018
                                after 15 league games... 8-6-1.
                                final ECAC regular season record... 10-9-3.

2018-2019
                                after 15 league games... 5-8-2.
                                final ECAC regular season record... 7-12-3.

2019-2020
                                after 15 league games... 7-5-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X