Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Anyone else have video issues tonight? It's start, stop, start,stop....freezing picture, freezing ads, freezing time outs....ESPN+ is failing miserably at this house :-(
    Lots of audio problems. Video was OK.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
      ..in Silver Puck Council news I did receive my 15th consecutive mimeographed, robo-signed "thank you" note just two weeks ago..
      Ditto. Wish they would change up the form letter one of these years.....kind of tired of receiving the same sentiment annually.....financial support is not automatic....:-/
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Andrew Farrier is in goal again this afternoon.
        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-09-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
          I posted a similar stat a year or two ago and stated this is not a rivalry. Cornell is always a national contender. Colgate is not, has not been, and with Vaughan behind the bench, may never be. Five wins in 35 games...and people are excited about a ppg? Loyalty aside, this is painful to endure year in and year out.

The women are on the same trajectory. Cornell is nationally-ranked each year and has had our number nearly every time. This year we were outscored 7-0, gave up a SHG, and one player scored a hat trick.

I admire Cornell's program, but losing to them has been the standard. Sadly, it is the one opponent that has become easy to predict and ignore. The men haven't even been a worthy travel partner over the years :-/
          12-3 against them in football since '04. Hoop team has been beating 'em pretty regularly recently. It's not institutional...

Comment

Cornell 11, Colgate 3, SOG after one.
            Cornell 4, Colgate 1, score after one.

It is a continuation of last night...
            One team is playing hockey.
            One is playing whack-a-mole.
            And it is getting as chippy as it got last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
              12-3 against them in football since '04. Hoop team has been beating 'em pretty regularly recently. It's not institutional...
              Attaboy Gate83 !
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

actually since 1980 we are 29-6 against Cornell in football, ironically almost the exact reciprocal of our record against them in men's ice hockey in the last 35 games...

Comment

Cornell 21, Colgate 14, SOG after two.
                  Cornell 4, Colgate 1, score after two.

I don’t doubt that we will play to the best of our abilities ‘til the end of the game, then try to put this weekend behind us as we work to solidify fifth place in league standings with three weekends (and six games) to go.

Comment

Cornell 26, Colgate 25, final SOG.
                    Cornell 5, Colgate 3, final score.
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-09-2020, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                      Cornell 21, Colgate 14, SOG after two.
                      Cornell 4, Colgate 1, score after two.

I don’t doubt that we will play to the best of our abilities ‘til the end of the game, then try to put this weekend behind us as we work to solidify fifth place in league standings with three weekends (and six games) to go.

Lot of frustration on this board but I like this take. Cornell now has 17 wins and 2 losses. Let that sink in. This is a 100% legit Frozen Four contender. I really think they are one of the best two teams along with NoDak. We were outmatched on every level but move on from it. 5 out of the 6 games are certainly winnable. Finishing 5/6 is still attainable and important moving forward. We can’t beat Cornell or Clarkson but who knows against Q or Harvard on the road. We have gone through the Cornell weekend and still have a winning record in ECAC play with 6 games left, most would doubt that back on 10-1-19.

Also, did I miss something is Benson still playing for the team I didn’t see him dressed this weekend.

Comment

I was told to expect Mitch Benson to be dressed next weekend for Colgate.

Comment

I will say, they never quit and the PP looks a lot better...Austin's absence was noticeable this weekend so hope he's back by the playoffs...McMann's talent will be missed next year, to be sure...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                            actually since 1980 we are 29-6 against Cornell in football, ironically almost the exact reciprocal of our record against them in men's ice hockey in the last 35 games...
                            We have a football team?!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I know I say this a lot but I think it is true, our second two periods were well played and dare I say we out played them in those two. It seemed to me that in the second and third much of cornell’s pressure were rushes 2-2 or 2-1, they did not have a ton of zone time.

That being said, hockey is three periods long and that first period was not good at all. We got the goal and within a minute of play time they had two more.!goals are suppose to pump up the team that got the goal not that which gave it up

Comment

Although historically it isn’t their style, I think Cornell was merciful.
                                We played better in the third, but we are nowhere near being in their league. They are big and strong physically, yet they have speed and finesse. The more I see them in-person, the more I think I could see them and North Dakota in Detroit in April, which would be my biggest fear (especially if Michigan somehow got there).

And, like he admits, what does Shabby know? He correctly forecast a win at Princeton, a loss at Quinnipiac, and a sweep by Cornell. Can he accurately predict the results of our next six games?

Comment

Working...
                                X