https://***********/Buccigross/statu...432652288?s=20
    Colgate '09

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2019-20

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
      Season's over, according to ESPN personality John Buccigross
      https://***********/Buccigross/statu...432652288?s=20
      Confirmed. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ournaments.php
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I would like to thank the 8 Seniors for giving us four years of great hockey! Ben Sharf,, Tyler Penner, Jacob Panetta, Bobby McMann, Paul Meyer, Ross Craig, John Snodgrass and of course, Jared Cockrell. The "never give up gang" will be sorely missed next year. I can't imagine how they must feel to have their Colgate careers end in such a way. At least they can reflect back on some wonderful times and certainly their final game in a Colgate sweater - the OT thrilling win and sweep over Brown! Go 'Gate!!!!
        Last edited by CU13; 03-12-2020, 01:30 PM.

Comment

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/20...4L2pa_KMPsKNnk

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
            Thus endith the season. 12-16-8 will go down in Red Raider history as one of the more memorable...and not for a good reason.

As has been said, I feel sad for the players, particularly the seniors, who won't know the experience of playing Clarkson and competing for a slot at LP. For the rest of the team, they have to look ahead to next year and a bunch of new, promising frosh coming in. Nothing can take away from the time and effort put in by this year's seniors and their devotion to having a successful campaign. It's a bittersweet ending for players....and fans.

Maybe the larger question is: will IBT get a refund on his Frozen Four tickets? ;-/
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Hey, we won our last game, great momentum into next season!

Comment

Unbeaten in our last four games 2-0-2.
                Last edited by sshablak; 03-13-2020, 01:42 PM.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                  Thus endith the season. 12-16-8 will go down in Red Raider history as one of the more memorable...and not for a good reason.
                  Maybe the larger question is: will IBT get a refund on his Frozen Four tickets? ;-/
                  Yes, he will, but he (and other Frozen Four ticket buyers) are not getting refunded the "applicable fees' that one typically pays when one purchases tickets online:
                  https://***********/NCAAIceHockey/st...69455285223427

But hey - we got to end our season with an OT win at home! Can we build off this momentum in October?
                  Colgate '09

Comment

ColSkate, I received emails from Clarkson and NCAA/Frozen Four, and a phone call from ECAC/Lake Placid, and all are refunding ticket expenses. Ogdensburg motel cancelled (for this weekend). I am thinking of keeping Upper Jay motel (for Lake Placid weekend), just ‘cause the Adirondacks seem like a good escape from this craziness. And not sure yet on Romulus hotel (for Detroit weekend), but will likely cancel it seven days out via Expedia. If the craziness continues, I may just take a road trip then, too, with windows down and the wind just blowin’ across the skin on my head.

I hate it that my season ended so abruptly (and prematurely). But I really hate it for the Colgate team, staff included. Clarkson would have been tough, with RPI just a little less so. But, with a concentrated effort from all, who knows?! Lake Placid was possible. And I absolutely hate it for our Senior class... Paul Meyer, Ross Craig (my home jersey), John Snodgrass, Bobby McMann, Jared Cockrell, Jacob Panetta, Ben Sharf, and Tyler Penner (my away jersey). They deserved to keep playing (‘til the final loss, somewhere on the road). But I feel fortunate to have been able to watch them, night in and night out, for the last three years. Thanks, guy, and continued good-luck in whatever you choose to do. And Go ‘Gate.

Comment

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020...igibility.html

Comment

I miss everyone!
                        By now, all of the team has returned home. Coach said they had an impromptu team dinner last Thursday where they gave the Seniors their jerseys. Such a sad and tough time!!!! What are your thoughts on next year? Seems to be we have a good nucleus of talent and are getting more in the incoming class.
                        These are certainly unsettling times . I always look forward to reading your posts. Now, more than ever, they can provide a wonderful distraction! Be well!
                        Go 'Gate!!!!!

Comment

I have been watching the NHL network every am. Today was Bruins vs Canadiens game six 2008, amazing how many players we've forgotten in ten yrs. Yesterday am, Flyers vs Sabres 1975. Has helped my depression a little.
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Don Vaughan quoted in this article...

https://www.uscho.com/2020/03/19/thi...thing-like-it/

I got a credit at the ADK Trail Lodge to use next year for the ECAC tourney in Lake Placid, so will stay home this weekend. Spending 20-22 hours a day at home in solo self-quarantine doing motorsports research.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              I have been watching the NHL network every am. Today was Bruins vs Canadiens game six 2008, amazing how many players we've forgotten in ten yrs. Yesterday am, Flyers vs Sabres 1975. Has helped my depression a little.
                              For me it was the Whalers vs. Sabres last night....yes the Hartford Whalers (now the Carolina Hurricanes). Talk about replays! Also took in the Caps vs. Vegas Stanley Cup final.Talk about exciting games!

While we didn't get to the Frozen Four, one of our neighbors up Rte 12B made a name for themselves. Utica College (UC) was ranked #1 in Division III hockey this season. Quite an accomplishment. Kudos to them!
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

ColSkate65,
                                Sprint car fan Donovan Ott of Lebanon, Penna., was at RPI one year ago, then transferred to Utica (N.Y.) College this past year and did quite well for himself (and for his Pioneers team) this season. I was hoping to catch one of their games, but unfortunately never did.
                                I hope and trust that you and all the other regulars on here are doing alright. So far, so good, here.

Comment

Working...
                                X