Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Matt Brown named HE rookie of the month for October.
    https://goriverhawks.com/news/2019/1...the-month.aspx
    Tyler Wall was also the runner up for the goalie of the month. I hope the team can build on what they accomplished last weekend starting tonight.

Comment

Wall steals another win in Vermont boys need to pick up there game freshman again lead the way

Comment

Last night was the 7th straight game decided by 1 goal or less, a new school record. They had 6 straight 1-goal games in 2010, 2013, and 2014.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Nice job by the Hawks getting the weekend sweep. Next up the Black Bears who are playing very good hockey.

Comment

Not that any of those goals were particularly soft, but I am starting to think Wall might need a night off soon. That said, Maine's performance this weekend doesn't exactly get me excited to try anyone but Tyler in net
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              Not that any of those goals were particularly soft, but I am starting to think Wall might need a night off soon. That said, Maine's performance this weekend doesn't exactly get me excited to try anyone but Tyler in net
              Game highlights:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRM40kEB-eo

Comment

Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

It's early in the season, but a pretty interesting 1st and 2nd place matchup in Lowell this weekend.

Maine got smoked in their season opener by PC, but has gone 2-0-1 in their last three HE games. They've only scored 8 goals in 4 games though in league play.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                    Per the Hockey East website, Norm is listed on the Roster Page as the Head Coach for the 2010-11 season. Must be wrong? Regardless it doesn't make that much difference to the comparison unless the roster significantly changed when Blaise left (other than seniors moving on).
                    One of the issues that many fans had with Blaise was the lopsided classes and his inability/unwillingness to fix it. We would have one good year when the huge class would be mostly seniors and then would generally suck the next several as we went totally young with all freshmen.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Anyone have info on Sodergren? How about McDonald?

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                        Anyone have info on Sodergren? How about McDonald?
                        McDonald made it back. Sodergren seen in the stands. Maybe tonight??

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                          McDonald made it back. Sodergren seen in the stands. Maybe tonight??
                          I wouldn't count on it.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Both goaltenders solid last night...I would expect more of the same tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              I wouldn't count on it.
                              That's too bad.

I bet Kenny H. saw that open net in his sleep last night. He came down on a 2 on 1 in the second period and had the whole top portion of the net to shoot at and missed.

Comment

I noticed that the BBK line (Brown/Berglund/Kaiser) last night changed midway through the 2nd period, substituting Schutz for Kaiser. Maybe we'll see that change tonight. Regardless, Brown and Berglund are terrifically fun to watch. They have chemistry similar to O'Neill and Hausinger.

Comment

Working...
                                X