UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Heading down to Virginia tonight, for a week. So will miss another home game. Go Lowell! Make my ride down happier! #BeatBU
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Heading down to Virginia tonight, for a week. So will miss another home game. Go Lowell! Make my ride down happier! #BeatBU
      Not happening yet Game starte at 7:05 but most of us thought 7:15. I think the team thought that too.

Comment

Good resolve to come back down 3 especially for Seth B. to get the tying the goal after his miscue in the 2nd was huge for him.

They looked good here and there, but let BU dictate the game a little too much for my tastes. Matt Brown is really coming alive we might have something special on our hands with him. Kid has no fear in his game and skates like he his 6-3.

No McDonald again tonight

It would be nice if we could have a beat reporter or something....
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

That Barton turnover on the PP almost broke me.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
            Good resolve to come back down 3 especially for Seth B. to get the tying the goal after his miscue in the 2nd was huge for him.

They looked good here and there, but let BU dictate the game a little too much for my tastes. Matt Brown is really coming alive we might have something special on our hands with him. Kid has no fear in his game and skates like he his 6-3.

No McDonald again tonight

It would be nice if we could have a beat reporter or something....
            Lee looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
              That Barton turnover on the PP almost broke me.
              With Barton the talent is there it's the mental mistakes that he has from time to time that is the only flaw in his game. He read the sequence on that goal he scored perfectly though, work from the goal line up to the blue and go to the high percentage areas. He took accountability for his mistake and played a tighter game the rest of the way.

Like I said I was really pleased with the resolve last night from our boys. Shows good leadership from behind the bench and on the ice. Good to see Connor break the seal with his "goal". After 4 periods of no scoring from Lowell I would have taken anything to get that going again.

Levesque was 16-6 on the dot last night pretty impressive even with one of the Briganti Bros kicking him out for a false start a few times in the 3rd.

There were a few giveaways last night that didn't result in goals that will get passed over by us the fans but I can't imagine Norm is happy with at the moment. Tyler Wall looks like he is in peak form right now.

They will have to play a super tight game tonight against Providence. I think we are all expecting the neutral zone trap game to be out in full force tonight.

Nice to see my buddy Johnny Gravs back on the ice last night, thought he actually called a decent game outside of the two quick whistles he had which balanced themselves off.
              Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 10-26-2019, 10:31 AM.
              Tully Rink Rat
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Good to see Connor break the seal with his "goal".
                The goal was credited to Blackmun. Sodergren did get the secondary assist.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Congrats to the team on the big win at PC tonight. A three point weekend, a nice start to league play.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Congrats to the team on the big win at PC tonight. A three point weekend, a nice start to league play.
                    24+ minutes of good hockey is enough for a win over a Top 10 team on the road? OK, then. The 1st 2 periods tonight were brutal to watch.

This team will go as far as Tyler Wall and the freshmen will take them.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      24+ minutes of good hockey is enough for a win over a Top 10 team on the road? OK, then. The 1st 2 periods tonight were brutal to watch.

Wall looks super freshman class best in years

Comment

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Great win for the Team last night. The BBK line (Brown, Berglund,Kaiser) is on fire. Last night they combined for 16 shot attempts and all 3 goals. They have almost 40% of the goal output (8 of 21) for the Team. Not bad newbies! In particular, Brown is really fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post

How much of that was on the officiating last night? I didn't watch but the box score reads like a lot of make up calls were issued.
                          Tully Rink Rat
                          Youngstar
                          UML Class of 09

Comment

How much of that was on the officiating last night? I didn't watch but the box score reads like a lot of make up calls were issued.
                            There were a lot of calls, but most of them were legit. The 1st 2 periods were very sloppy by both teams. No penalties were called in the 3rd or OT.

The linesmen were horrible. I'm not sure we had more than 5 faceoffs all game where someone didn't get tossed out.

Comment

There were a lot of calls, but most of them were legit. The 1st 2 periods were very sloppy by both teams. No penalties were called in the 3rd or OT.

The linesmen were horrible. I'm not sure we had more than 5 faceoffs all game where someone didn't get tossed out.
                              Nick Briganti worked the game last night and Friday as a Linesman. I noticed a similar trend on a Friday especially in the third period.
                              Tully Rink Rat
                              Youngstar
                              UML Class of 09

Comment

Yes, plenty of ugly hockey, ill advised/lazy passes, over the weekend but they managed to get 3 points out of it. Agree about Wall, he's been solid all season.

They need to get the PP going, only 1 for 12 on the weekend and 3 for 35 on the season. The next 6 games will be huge in regards to league standings (@UVM, @UVM, ME, ME, @UConn, UConn).The Hawks need to take care of business.

Comment

Working...
                                X