UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Looking for Lowell to build on their play from last weekend. I'm hopeful that they come out with the same grit they showed in Duluth and are in no way lulled by Colgate's 0-3 record. Would really like to see the PP cash in on their chances. I wonder if we're going to see a goalie split this weekend...
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

Tonight's cliche of the game brought to you by Local Lowell Business

Score First Score Fast

Lowell needs to set the tempo tonight and I'm hoping they don't play the same kind of grind game tonight. They should be able to open up neutral ice tonight and let the speed show. They didn't play down to Huntsville's level and I'm not expecting the same tonight.
      Tully Rink Rat
      Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
      Youngstar
      UML Class of 09

Comment

Power outage in Downtown Lowell right now that includes the Tsongas, estimated time of restoration Noon tomorrow.

Has anyone been getting the season ticket emails sent out by Christine or someone else in ticketing this year (usually the day before a game)? I haven't been receiving them this year and just curious if they are still sending them.

Comment

Originally posted by Palphen View Post
          Power outage in Downtown Lowell right now that includes the Tsongas, estimated time of restoration Noon tomorrow.

Has anyone been getting the season ticket emails sent out by Christine or someone else in ticketing this year (usually the day before a game)? I haven't been receiving them this year and just curious if they are still sending them.
          I usually get a Welcome to the Game automated email telling me the deal for the night.
          Tully Rink Rat
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Update: according to the National Grid Website power has been restored to the Tsongas.

Comment

Norm's post game interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wipo...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Completely sloppy first period. The power outage definitely seemed to affect the ice as players were just falling all over themselves.

Neaton had a tough first, but settled down nicely after that. No blame on the OT goal, that was a gorgeous shot. Freshmen continue to look good, need more from others though.

Probably won't make it to tonight's game, not been feeling all that great. And will be distracted from the Revs playoff game this afternoon anyway. Good luck to the boys.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I didn't want to be the first to say it was the ice, but yeah the ice looked pretty soft and that puck did not stop rolling on Lowell.

Colgate made due though, they had good team speed and effective breakouts. Lowell struggled to get the puck deep all night and when they did that centering pass was a bouncing puck.
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

Lowell better figure out how to put 60 minutes together real fast or they're going to get absolutely dumpstered next week vs BU and PC.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                      I didn't want to be the first to say it was the ice, but yeah the ice looked pretty soft and that puck did not stop rolling on Lowell.

Colgate made due though, they had good team speed and effective breakouts. Lowell struggled to get the puck deep all night and when they did that centering pass was a bouncing puck.
                      Ice interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        Lowell better figure out how to put 60 minutes together real fast or they're going to get absolutely dumpstered next week vs BU and PC.
                        They had a lot of good sequences but couldn't bury anything. Colgate just stacked 5 in the slot all night and didn't let Lowell get to many loose pucks in that area. We had nothing getting through from the point. The effort is there the finish is not with Lowell.

On the First PP unit I'd like to see Andre in front of the net more often.

Jon McDonald did not suit up the entire weekend not sure for the reasoning. and Reid is still up in 113.

I thought Brian Chambers had a great game. Plays a real good puck control game below the goal line.

NCAA Hockey is a week to week sport with the parity...
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                          They had a lot of good sequences but couldn't bury anything. Colgate just stacked 5 in the slot all night and didn't let Lowell get to many loose pucks in that area. We had nothing getting through from the point. The effort is there the finish is not with Lowell.

On the First PP unit I'd like to see Andre in front of the net more often.

Jon McDonald did not suit up the entire weekend not sure for the reasoning. and Reid is still up in 113.

I thought Brian Chambers had a great game. Plays a real good puck control game below the goal line.

NCAA Hockey is a week to week sport with the parity...
                          Team speed was a concern all weekend. I'm not sure if Colgate is that fast or Lowell is that slow. It's still early, but after a very impressive weekend against Duluth a not so impressive weekend against Colgate. Next weekend will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Team speed was a concern all weekend. I'm not sure if Colgate is that fast or Lowell is that slow. It's still early, but after a very impressive weekend against Duluth a not so impressive weekend against Colgate. Next weekend will be interesting.
                            Most of Colgate team are coach pags boys

Comment

Tough weekend ahead. It'd be nice to see a huge improvement for the BU game and snag a win; not feeling so hot about chances in Providence at this point.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                                Tough weekend ahead. It'd be nice to see a huge improvement for the BU game and snag a win; not feeling so hot about chances in Providence at this point.
                                Hopefully Jon McDonald will be back this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X