UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Short clip of highlights can be found https://www.fox21online.com/2019/10/...season-opener/

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
      I don't believe they registered more than two SOG's in the last frame.
      They were outshot 17-1 in the 3rd.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        They were outshot 17-1 in the 3rd.
        There we go

Wonder how many of those shots were in the last 120 seconds for Duluth during kitchen sink time
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Highlights from the NCHC website.

https://www.nchc.tv/videos/4030
          What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

There we go

Wonder how many of those shots were in the last 120 seconds for Duluth during kitchen sink time
            They had 4 during the power play that started with 6:43 left, and 8 more in the final 4:43 after it ended. Lowell also blocked 2 shots during that power play and 3 more after, 19 total blocks for the game.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              They had 4 during the power play that started with 6:43 left, and 8 more in the final 4:43 after it ended. Lowell also blocked 2 shots during that power play and 3 more after, 19 total blocks for the game.
              Congratulations to the team on the big win last night. The 3rd period must have felt like it lasted forever with that shot discrepancy. Hoping for the best tonight.

Comment

The few things that bothered me about last years team i.e. getting to 50/50 pucks and winning board battles haven't carried over to this year thus far. Team is playing a really aggressive but disciplined zone to zone game. They went back on their heels for a bit in the third trying to grind out the win. I don't believe they registered more than two SOG's in the last frame. A win is a win though and even with a tie tonight they are sure to be ranked next week.
                Should easily be ranked even if they lose tonight.

Nice start for Nephew U. (I have two UML grads in my family.)

Comment

Thought the HE site had this game as being on NESN+...maybe not

Comment

Half listening throughout. Lots of penalties this game. Lots.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Half listening throughout. Lots of penalties this game. Lots.
                      And a lot more that weren't called. One of the refs this weekend was Cameron Voss. That should explain a lot.

Comment

I didn't watch or listen decided to go see Wisconsin at Merrimack last night looking at the box score two things stand out

Lowell won on the dot 32-31. Colin O'Neal goes even on the night which is still pretty impressive. Norm pointed out in last week's press conference that Colin had never played center in his time at Lowell.

But they were out shot by 15

Chase Blackmun and Kenny lead the team in shots with 4. If anyone was there how many high qualities opportunities did Lowell have offensively?

Lee and Brown both continuing scoring as Freshman. 1 win in Duluth is good enough for me

We are onto Colgate
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

1 win in Duluth is good enough for me
                          Yes, but after Friday night I was looking for the sweep. It sounds like a tough hard fought game last night. Overall a very positive weekend for the team.

Need to get the PP going, 0-9 on the weekend, plus allowing a SHG.

Is there anything wrong with Charlie Levesque? He didn't play last night.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            Yes, but after Friday night I was looking for the sweep. It sounds like a tough hard fought game last night. Overall a very positive weekend for the team.

Need to get the PP going, 0-9 on the weekend, plus allowing a SHG.

Is there anything wrong with Charlie Levesque? He didn't play last night.
                            Maybe other guys playing better maybe

Comment

Plenty to talk about but it's quiet around here! Lowell jumped from RV 21 to 18 in the poll. Looking at the schedule coming into the season I told myself I'd be psyched if we could split with Duluth. Paula and Jim mentioned in TMQ today they expected Duluth AND UML to be among the top clubs at the end of the season. Tyler Wall won HEAST Co D-player of the week. Random thought: Beers went to $9 at Tsongas ***?

Comment

NESN will broadcast UMA @ NU tonight at 7:00 pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X