Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Tyler Wall is the HE defensive player of the week again.

The hawks are very fortunate to have Tyler playing like this, but this level of play will be difficult to sustain. They need to work on getting more shots on net. I was happy to see the Dmen get some goals from the point this weekend. Hopefully they continue to improve and if Stefanson returns next semester he can provide a boost to the offense as well.
    This is an issue right now for Lowell. Another low shot total this weekend against PSU. Lowell is currently 8th in Hockey East in shots per goal. They're 8 shots per game behind league leading PC. Lowell is 9th in Hockey East in shots allowed per game, allowing 9 shots per game more than UMass. That translates to 9th in Hockey East in shot differential per game at -3.06. UMass leads Hockey East averaging 12.64 shots per game than they allow.

In other words, Lowell needs to get better on the offensive end getting shots on goal and take some of the pressure off Wall.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      In other words, Lowell needs to get better on the offensive end getting shots on goal and take some of the pressure off Wall.
      Agree. They also need to stop passing up shots looking for the perfect pass/play. It seems like it happens at least a couple of times a game.

Any word on the teams for next seasons tourney? The Mack Report had a interview with MC coach Borek who said the tourney is a 2 year deal. He mentioned not staying in it after next season as he would like the Warriors to play in the Friendship Four tourney. I wonder if the Turkey Leg will continue after next season? Does Lowell have any interest in going back to Northern Ireland?

Borek's comments are on the pregame interview at the 8:20 mark.
      https://www.themackreport.com/news/p...7-merrimack-0/

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Agree. They also need to stop passing up shots looking for the perfect pass/play. It seems like it happens at least a couple of times a game.

Any word on the teams for next seasons tourney? The Mack Report had a interview with MC coach Borek who said the tourney is a 2 year deal. He mentioned not staying in it after next season as he would like the Warriors to play in the Friendship Four tourney. I wonder if the Turkey Leg will continue after next season? Does Lowell have any interest in going back to Northern Ireland?

IIRC Mike McMahon reported a while ago that Bemidji State will be a participant next year
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
          Lowell beats RPI and Penn State and loses a spot in the ranking.

Northeastern bears Colgate and UNH and gains four spots.

Makes sense.
          It's almost like polls are completely meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Only rumors, but I've heard Lowell might be interested in the Friendship Four again for the 2021/2022 season. And the other rumor is Miami (along with Bemidji) next year.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

And the other rumor is Miami (along with Bemidji) next year.
              That makes sense given Lowell played 2x at Miami last season and MC played 2x at Bemidji.

Comment

I love how I find out what will be happening in my life for the next few yrs on here instead of from the hubby

Comment

Only rumors, but I've heard Lowell might be interested in the Friendship Four again for the 2021/2022 season. And the other rumor is Miami (along with Bemidji) next year.
                  Heard the same thing. Miami and Bemidji next year, and then back to Belfast in either 21 or 22.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

A big weekend coming up against PC. It looks like the Friars have some injuries too. Dugan currently leads the nation in scoring (6-25-31) and Tyce Thompson is second (12-12-24).

Comment

Tyler Wall is the HE goaltender of the month for November.

Comment

Preview of this weekend written by Mark Divver:
                        https://www.uscho.com/2019/12/06/usc...d-goaltenders/

Comment

PC 2-1 after the 1st. The Friars scored on a delayed call and then again on the ensuing PP. Kenny gets one back on a penalty shot. Shots were 12-5 PC.

Comment

PC 2-1 after two, shots are 22-10 PC. A better period for the Hawks but they still need to generate more shots and hit the net.

Comment

Final 3-2 Lowell. The Hawks score twice early in the 3rd period. Huge win.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Final 3-2 Lowell. The Hawks score twice early in the 3rd period. Huge win.
                                Congratulations on an impressive road win, ****!

Comment

Working...
                                X