X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Hockey East Semifinals from the simulated thread

Massachusetts Lowell v. Massachusetts
    Lowell and Amherst...a rivalry like no other...renewed itself this evening in the Hockey East Semifinals. John Leonard put the Minutemen up early, pushing his own rebound past Tyler Wall to put UMASS up 1-0. Wall kept Massachusetts off the board the rest of the way in the first period though, despite the Minutemen launching an incredible 16 shots on frame, and after one, UMASS led Lowell 1-0. The RiverHawks responded early in the second when Andre Lee took a loose puck in the near corner, and whistled a wrister on net that deflected off a Massachusetts defender and past Minutemen goalie Matt Murray and into the back of the net to tie the game at 1-1. Murray and Wall then battled in a classic goaltender dual in the second period, with Wall stopping each of UMASS' 9 shots on goal, and Murray fending off Lowell's last six shots of the period, and it was all square at 1-1 through forty minutes. Murray and Wall continued their dual in the third, with each goalie trying to outdo the other. With just over four minutes to play, Lowell's Lee got called for boarding. The officials reviewed the play to see if it would be called a major penalty for checking from behind. After a lengthy review, the minor call stood. Wall stood tall on the penalty kill, and after sixty minutes of action, the game remained tied 1-1. Both sides played cautious early in the extra frame, and it appeared that a second overtime would be necessary. However, with just over three minutes to play in overtime, Seth Barton launched a blast from the near boards that went wide on the near side, but ricocheted off the boards and right onto the stick of Lucas Condotta. Condotta lifted a wrister over the outstretched blocker of Murray and into the net to give the RiverHawks a 2-1 victory, and a spot in the Hockey East final.

#NOTMYFLAGSHIP!! w00t!! On to play Maine! Virtual meet and greet at the Harp with the blue wig on tomorrow! Still- can't they let Lee put in one of those wrap arounds??
    Lol

Comment

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Sway Away Swayman!

Yeah Lowellll!!!!!
      Let's do this

Comment

U-M-L!! virtual pregaming at the virtual Harp??
        #therealhockeyflagship !

mr les thinks this is a hoot. He was texting the guy from Maine that they should have a beer as they await the virtual outcome.

Comment

U-M-L!! virtual pregaming at the virtual Harp??
          #therealhockeyflagship !

mr les thinks this is a hoot. He was texting the guy from Maine that they should have a beer as they await the virtual outcome.
          I will also have a beer. Mine won’t be virtual. They will all count.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            I will also have a beer. Mine won’t be virtual. They will all count.
            bwahahaha! I am pretty sure their be-ahs will not be virtual either

Comment

2013 team was a monster loaded with talent from head to toe so solid

Comment

• Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                2013 team was a monster loaded with talent from head to toe so solid
                Yep..that team dashed my early UNh fandom hopes of my first F4 possibility...and ever since!!! Still wonder about how that '13 Regional game might have played out if Goumas and Downing were in the lineup but..you guys had Hellebuyck soooo....🤣
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Yep..that team dashed my early UNh fandom hopes of my first F4 possibility...and ever since!!! Still wonder about how that '13 Regional game might have played out if Goumas and Downing were in the lineup but..you guys had Hellebuyck soooo....🤣
                  still drives me nuts that Yale threw our game back at us... *sigh*
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Hockey East Championship

Maine v. Massachusetts – Lowell
                    The Black Bears and RiverHawks squared off this evening at the Garden with the Hockey East Championship on the line. Maine’s Jeremy Swayman, a Hobey Baker finalist, and Massachusetts Lowell’s Tyler Wall, staged an epic dual between the pipes, thwarting some of Hockey East’s and the nation’s finest scorers time after time to keep the game scoreless in the first twenty minutes. Lowell’s Carl Berglund had a grade A opportunity to put the RiverHawks on the board early in the second when Chase Blackmun’s shot from the point deflected off a Black Bear in the slot, and right onto Berglund’s stick at the bottom of the near circle. Berglund’s wrister was destined for the top shelf, but Swayman got his glove over just in time to keep the game scoreless. Wall then took his place on the highlight reel late in the middle stanza, when he kicked out Tim Doherty’s wrister from the slot out, but it went straight to Adam Dawe, who had Wall out of position. Unfortunately for Maine, Wall performed an epic double stack cartwheel save to keep Dawe’s wrister from finding the back of the net. After forty minutes of action the game remained 0-0. Finally, about six minutes into the final frame, Chase Blackmun won a puck battle near the blue line along the near boards, and then cycled the puck behind the net to Andre Lee, who quickly completed a wraparound on the forehand that snuck through Swayman’s pads and into the back of the net to give Lowell a 1-0 lead. That would be all Wall would need, as the Senior netminder completed his herculean effort in net by blanking the Black Bears the rest of the way. When the game ended, it was Massachusetts Lowell edging Maine 1-0 to capture the Hockey East Championship.

Life is good!

Selection show tomorrow!
                    Last edited by leswp1; 03-21-2020, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Hockey East Championship

Maine v. Massachusetts – Lowell
                      The Black Bears and RiverHawks squared off this evening at the Garden with the Hockey East Championship on the line. Maine’s Jeremy Swayman, a Hobey Baker finalist, and Massachusetts Lowell’s Tyler Wall, staged an epic dual between the pipes, thwarting some of Hockey East’s and the nation’s finest scorers time after time to keep the game scoreless in the first twenty minutes. Lowell’s Carl Berglund had a grade A opportunity to put the RiverHawks on the board early in the second when Chase Blackmun’s shot from the point deflected off a Black Bear in the slot, and right onto Berglund’s stick at the bottom of the near circle. Berglund’s wrister was destined for the top shelf, but Swayman got his glove over just in time to keep the game scoreless. Wall then took his place on the highlight reel late in the middle stanza, when he kicked out Tim Doherty’s wrister from the slot out, but it went straight to Adam Dawe, who had Wall out of position. Unfortunately for Maine, Wall performed an epic double stack cartwheel save to keep Dawe’s wrister from finding the back of the net. After forty minutes of action the game remained 0-0. Finally, about six minutes into the final frame, Chase Blackmun won a puck battle near the blue line along the near boards, and then cycled the puck behind the net to Andre Lee, who quickly completed a wraparound on the forehand that snuck through Swayman’s pads and into the back of the net to give Lowell a 1-0 lead. That would be all Wall would need, as the Senior netminder completed his herculean effort in net by blanking the Black Bears the rest of the way. When the game ended, it was Massachusetts Lowell edging Maine 1-0 to capture the Hockey East Championship.

Life is good!

Selection show tomorrow!
                      Lol

Comment

Allentown. They sent us to Allentown. Blech. Who wants to go to Pederast State? Maybe Billy Joel?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Allentown. They sent us to Allentown. Blech. Who wants to go to Pederast State? Maybe Billy Joel?
                          A three hour drive. Weyerbacher nearby. I mean its good for me which is the important part.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I guess since it is in the virtual world I will hire a car service to get me to the airport- hanscom- and then take a private jet there.

Comment

Has Lowell sent out the email about the virtual pre-game party?
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Has Lowell sent out the email about the virtual pre-game party?
                                Time to stop this foolish stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X