Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    I thought Lowell played good tonight, especially in the first two periods. Unfortunately a few too many shots into Knightís chest in the 3rd. BC obviously will make you pay with any mistake. What a snipe by Newhook! I think special teams was the difference tonight with UML failing to convert, as well as giving up that SHG. On to Merrimack.

Hat Tip to Lowellís finest tonight. Not only was it frigid, but they added an officer to waive people through the light by the commuter rail station. I havenít seen that before and I hope that continues.
    Wall not his best nite we got spoiled in first half all big games now like someone said starting to look like last year

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

I thought Lowell played good tonight, especially in the first two periods. Unfortunately a few too many shots into Knightís chest in the 3rd. BC obviously will make you pay with any mistake. What a snipe by Newhook! I think special teams was the difference tonight with UML failing to convert, as well as giving up that SHG. On to Merrimack.

Hat Tip to Lowellís finest tonight. Not only was it frigid, but they added an officer to waive people through the light by the commuter rail station. I havenít seen that before and I hope that continues.
    I sneak out the back way behind the garage and cut through downtown. Much less traffic and I get on the Connector much faster than I used to.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

The start was good. It seemed like the puck was just finding our sticks. That went out the window as the game went along . PP sucked the life out of them

Ya that first goal of the game was just a crazy bounce off the glass to Berglund

Snow starting around 5, and a parking ban at 5. Not sure if tonight's game will be postponed to a later date but I have a feeling it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by UMLSec123 View Post
    Snow starting around 5, and a parking ban at 5. Not sure if tonight's game will be postponed to a later date but I have a feeling it will be.
    ZERO chance it gets postponed. The snow will start right around puck drop, and by the time the game ends there will be an inch on the ground, maybe 2. This is Lowell, not Atlanta, games don't get postponed for an inch of snow.
    Last edited by ScottK; 01-18-2020 at 01:48 PM.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    ZERO chance it gets postponed. The snow will start right around puck drop, and by the time the game ends there will be an inch on the ground, maybe 2. This is Lowell, not Atlanta, games don't get postponed for an inch of snow.
    Tiny crowd

Crowd is pretty decent.
    MC is hacking just like when we were a real rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by UMLSec123 View Post
    Penalty kill getting a good workout tonight
    Be thankful for Merrimack goalies

A crazy finish but they got the 2 points. It was nice to see the offense come alive with 6 goals, including a beauty by Andre Lee.

Game highlights.

Norm's post game interview.

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    A crazy finish but they got the 2 points. It was nice to see the offense come alive with 6 goals, including a beauty by Andre Lee.

Game highlights.

Norm's post game interview.
    Congrats to Norm on his 200th win.

In both post game interviews this weekend he appeared agitated by the team’s performance.

Here’s the Sun’s recap of last night’s game. https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/01/18...for-bazin/amp/
    Last edited by Middle Street; 01-19-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Comgrats to Norm on his 200th win.

In both post game interviews this weekend he appeared agitated by the teamís performance.

Hereís the Sunís recap of last nightís game. https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/01/18...for-bazin/amp/
    The team needs to develop a killer's instinct. They go up 2-0 and look very aggressive and then they seem to take their foot off the gas. Too many penalties again, especially in the 2nd period when it was a close game. I like the way they took control in the 3rd period but they need to play 60 minutes. Tyler Wall was huge again and came up with some big saves.

High Plains of West Parish The Roar from 124

I know a lot of those shots Merrimack had in the third came during 6 on 4 play

But only getting 5 shots on net per period for Lowell is a concern

At the same time I should not let the refs off the hook for the major call on Kaiser in the 3rd. Soft call that was a clean hit stood him up with the puck on his stick. Just because you go down like a sack of potatoes and cry about it on the ice doesn't mean you're entitled to a 5 min major.
    Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 01-19-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Final shots on goal last night was 39-15 in favor of Merrimack. The last time Lowell was outshot by 24 or more and still won the game was a 2-1 win over Maine at Tully Forum on January 12, 1990, when Maine outshot Lowell 41-15.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    I know a lot of those shots Merrimack had in the third came during 6 on 4 play

But only getting 5 shots on net per period for Lowell is a concern

At the same time I should not let the refs off the hook for the major call on Kaiser in the 3rd. Soft call that was a clean hit stood him up with the puck on his stick. Just because you go down like a sack of potatoes and cry about it on the ice doesn't mean you're entitled to a 5 min major.
    Watching it real time it looked clean but word on the street is the review was pretty damming on that play.

They let some things go that I was a bit surprised at like the guy who got creamed in the corner by the student sexn

A nice highlight from Saturdayís game was the teams reaction after Austin OíRourke scored his first career goal. Good stuff.

Where my dogsies at?

Nolan Sawchuck out for the year. From Barry Scanlon: https://twitter.com/Scanlon65/status...852377089?s=20

"Tough news for UMass Lowell hockey program. Sophomore defenseman Nolan Sawchuk to miss rest of season. Head coach Norm Bazin said Sawchuk sustained a broken vertebrae in his back vs. Merrimack. Sawchuk able to walk, but his movement over the next 8 weeks will be minimal."

Here's to a quick recover for Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomdweller View Post
    Nolan Sawchuck out for the year. From Barry Scanlon: https://twitter.com/Scanlon65/status...852377089?s=20

"Tough news for UMass Lowell hockey program. Sophomore defenseman Nolan Sawchuk to miss rest of season. Head coach Norm Bazin said Sawchuk sustained a broken vertebrae in his back vs. Merrimack. Sawchuk able to walk, but his movement over the next 8 weeks will be minimal."

He is hands down my most favorite player. Works hard, is intense and always giving 100%. Breaks my heart

Quote Originally Posted by bottomdweller View Post

That's pretty scary. Hopefully Nolan has a quick and full recovery.

Lowell Sun article.

Thread Information