UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    I'm excited for the season to start. I do think Lowell is probably going to finish in the 4-6th range, but I am optimistic they can make the NCAA tournament with a good OOC record.
    Easy remember the run last year and them 👎🏽

Comment

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Bob Ellis mentioned Anthony Baxter is ill today and will not play. Jordan Schulting will replace him. Reid Stefanson is not in the line up.
      Last edited by boblav1; 01-04-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Students packed the Mack tonight. Lots of jeers and chants. Good way to get back into conference play and get the 2 points. A little undisciplined at times though

Comment

So I'm going to say that the 11 shots Lowell surrendered to Merrimack in the first was a little bit of rust and a little bit of that Lawler magic for the home team. A few rough stretches on the short ice with defensemen trying to cheat a little too much. Shut them down in the second holding Merrimack to only 5 shots, but only 1 was good scoring opportunity and Tyler made a great side to side save when the Merrimack player hesitated with his shot.

That goal from Lee was an absolute laser beam bar down. Kobryn had zero shot on making a save.

4 PIMS and a goal for Connor, sounds about right lol. I did like the fact that they stayed on task after the disallowed goal and got it back on a really nice looking tip play.

Nice to see the students make the arduous journey down 133, strong road showing from the Lowell faithful tonight. Kudos to both schools for doing the right thing and moving the game up.
          Tully Rink Rat
          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Andre Lee named Hockey East Rookie of the week. http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/arti...ess-invite.php

Comment

Couple of games at RIT this weekend for the Hawks, the last two non-conference games of the season.

RIT is 10-7-3 overall this season, 4-2-3 at home. Their offense hasn't been bad (24th in the NCAAs), while Lowell is 34th. But they've been giving up goals at a much higher pace than Lowell, as they're 27th in the country in goals allowed per game (Lowell is 5th).

Their #1 netminder has decent numbers though, 91.8% save rate, and a 2.34 GAA.

Their PP is worse than Lowell's, as is their kill, meaning special teams should make a difference for Lowell this weekend, as RIT does take about 1.5 penalties more per game. RIT has also taken 6 majors this year, which seems high.

The only two teams that we have in common: Merrimack (RIT won 4-0 at home, Lowell 3-1 on the road), and Colgate (RIT won on the road 3-1, Lowell lost at home in OT 4-3 and tied at home 0-0).

Hope to see Stefanson back on the ice, as we could use more offense as the second half fully gets underway.
              Last edited by UMLFan; 01-07-2020, 07:41 AM.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Kind of an interesting read, as this article puts Lowell as the 12th best team of the 2010s.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Hope to see Stefanson back on the ice, as we could use more offense as the second half fully gets underway.
                  Stefanson is in the lineup tonight.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Highlights from Lowell's 6-4 win vs RIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qN38qc_o08
                    What did you say?
                    Who own the Chiefs?
                    What did he say?
                    Owns! Owns!

Comment

I listened to the game and it sounded as though the RIT coach was furious at his goaltender for breaking his stick on the crossbar after the 6th Lowell goal. I’m thinking one of the backups may get the start tonight.

Maybe not Lowell’s best game defensively, but glad to see they scored to make up for it. Sounded like Reid looked better each period and already made his way onto the scoresheet.

I hope Lowell can pull off the sweep tonight.
                      Last edited by Middle Street; 01-11-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Congrats to Tyler Wall for breaking the W record at Lowell. There's been some good netminders in our history, so having that record is pretty impressive.
                        Monty

Comment

Neaton in net tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            Neaton in net tonight
                            1-1 at the end of 2. It sounds like it's a pretty even game. The Hawks need a big 3rd period.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              1-1 at the end of 2. It sounds like it's a pretty even game. The Hawks need a big 3rd period.
                              Listen to rit that’s all they talked about is how slow Lowell is

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                                Listen to rit that’s all they talked about is how slow Lowell is
                                It sounds like the Hawks had a hard time generating consistent offensive pressure. I would like hear from the folks that were at the game for their thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X