UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
    I noticed that the BBK line (Brown/Berglund/Kaiser) last night changed midway through the 2nd period, substituting Schutz for Kaiser. Maybe we'll see that change tonight. Regardless, Brown and Berglund are terrifically fun to watch. They have chemistry similar to O'Neill and Hausinger.
    Kaiser needed a wake up call

Comment

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

So apparently Lowell only needs 40 minutes to win a hockey game cuz that 1st period was as ugly as it gets

Kudos for them for having the resolve tonight to get it done.

Matt Brown having another hell of a weekend. That GWG is as pretty and sweet as it gets in hockey.
      Tully Rink Rat
      Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
      Youngstar
      UML Class of 09

Comment

1st period was hideous.
        Some of the unforced errors were, um, breathtaking. Wall made some crazy saves that the goals were pretty.
        Never thought, watching the 1st that we were coming out with a W.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
          So apparently Lowell only needs 40 minutes to win a hockey game cuz that 1st period was as ugly as it gets

Kudos for them for having the resolve tonight to get it done.

Matt Brown having another hell of a weekend. That GWG is as pretty and sweet as it gets in hockey.
          Told ya best recruiting class in years 👍🏒🥅

Comment

Glad to get Connor back in the lineup last night as well.

Sad to see Kenny out of the lineup and up in Sec 114 with a walking boot on

That isn't good....
            Tully Rink Rat
            Youngstar
            UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
              Glad to get Connor back in the lineup last night as well.

Sad to see Kenny out of the lineup and up in Sec 114 with a walking boot on

That isn't good....
              I didn't go the game Friday, what happened to Hausinger? Feel very lucky they pulled out a win last night, it seemed like 75% of the game was in our end. Was it just me or did Procopio look like a deer in the headlights?

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                Told ya best recruiting class in years 👍🏒🥅
                That was an incredible goal Brown got in the third. One thing I notice is that is rare that they are able to score with on one on none, 2 on 1 breakaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                  I didn't go the game Friday, what happened to Hausinger? Feel very lucky they pulled out a win last night, it seemed like 75% of the game was in our end. Was it just me or did Procopio look like a deer in the headlights?
                  I believe Kenny took a shot off his foot in Friday's game. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Austin O'Rourke was also out of the lineup last night.

A big win in a very tough game. The Hawks struggled all night long getting the puck out of their own zone. Maine was tough and the Hawks were lucky to escape the 1st period only down one.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    I believe Kenny took a shot off his foot in Friday's game. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Austin O'Rourke was also out of the lineup last night.

A big win in a very tough game. The Hawks struggled all night long getting the puck out of their own zone. Maine was tough and the Hawks were lucky to escape the 1st period only down one.
                    Isn’t that the issue most of the time with most teams

Comment

At times this weekend, we looked like a team that should be ranked. For other periods ... we looked awful.

But keep getting points, that's all we can ask. Wall's been amazing. The freshmen, I'm running out of nice comments to make as they continue to be amazing.

Another weekend with two winnable games coming up. Lowell needs to do all they can prior to the second half of the season when the HE schedule gets a lot tougher. While there are still games left against PC and Penn State in the first half, starting in January Lowell has two against BU, BC, NU and UMass all left (along with 2 against UNH that just surprised UMass yesterday).
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Consistency outside of Tyler Wall and the B & B duo has been hard to come by with Lowell. I am loving every shift of Matt Brown his confidence is through the roof right now and rightfully so given his production. The world is his clam right now and he is riding that gravy train with biscuit wheels.

As a team they have answered the bell a few times when their backs were against the wall so to speak. I think we still have some gelling to do, but with these points in the bank they do have a little bit of breathing room to work some things out. The breakout game needs to get better, the fly pass needs to stop being the first option. Maine defended it pretty well this weekend and as a result trapped us on the wrong side of the red line for most of the 1st.

I still wish we had a time table with getting Reid back in the lineup. I would like to see 1 heavy line (Lee / Connor / Lucas) to establish the fore check/attrition game and then let our team speed go to work.
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          At times this weekend, we looked like a team that should be ranked. For other periods ... we looked awful.

But keep getting points, that's all we can ask. Wall's been amazing. The freshmen, I'm running out of nice comments to make as they continue to be amazing.

Another weekend with two winnable games coming up. Lowell needs to do all they can prior to the second half of the season when the HE schedule gets a lot tougher. While there are still games left against PC and Penn State in the first half, starting in January Lowell has two against BU, BC, NU and UMass all left (along with 2 against UNH that just surprised UMass yesterday).
                          Need more punch from upper class only KH steady game in and out

Comment

And once again for Wall... 4th time in 5 weeks.

Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                              I still wish we had a time table with getting Reid back in the lineup.
                              You probably won't see him before Christmas.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Anyone know if CBS Sports will stream the Friday night game??

Comment

Working...
                                X