UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

A crazy finish but they got the 2 points. It was nice to see the offense come alive with 6 goals, including a beauty by Andre Lee.

Game highlights.

Norm's post game interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      A crazy finish but they got the 2 points. It was nice to see the offense come alive with 6 goals, including a beauty by Andre Lee.

Game highlights.

Norm's post game interview.
      Congrats to Norm on his 200th win.

In both post game interviews this weekend he appeared agitated by the team’s performance.

Here’s the Sun’s recap of last night’s game. https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/01/18...for-bazin/amp/
      Last edited by Middle Street; 01-19-2020, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        Comgrats to Norm on his 200th win.

In both post game interviews this weekend he appeared agitated by the team’s performance.

Here’s the Sun’s recap of last night’s game. https://www.lowellsun.com/2020/01/18...for-bazin/amp/
        The team needs to develop a killer's instinct. They go up 2-0 and look very aggressive and then they seem to take their foot off the gas. Too many penalties again, especially in the 2nd period when it was a close game. I like the way they took control in the 3rd period but they need to play 60 minutes. Tyler Wall was huge again and came up with some big saves.

Comment

I know a lot of those shots Merrimack had in the third came during 6 on 4 play

But only getting 5 shots on net per period for Lowell is a concern

At the same time I should not let the refs off the hook for the major call on Kaiser in the 3rd. Soft call that was a clean hit stood him up with the puck on his stick. Just because you go down like a sack of potatoes and cry about it on the ice doesn't mean you're entitled to a 5 min major.
          Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 01-19-2020, 11:52 AM.
          Tully Rink Rat
          Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
          Youngstar
          UML Class of 09

Comment

Final shots on goal last night was 39-15 in favor of Merrimack. The last time Lowell was outshot by 24 or more and still won the game was a 2-1 win over Maine at Tully Forum on January 12, 1990, when Maine outshot Lowell 41-15.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
              I know a lot of those shots Merrimack had in the third came during 6 on 4 play

But only getting 5 shots on net per period for Lowell is a concern

At the same time I should not let the refs off the hook for the major call on Kaiser in the 3rd. Soft call that was a clean hit stood him up with the puck on his stick. Just because you go down like a sack of potatoes and cry about it on the ice doesn't mean you're entitled to a 5 min major.
              Watching it real time it looked clean but word on the street is the review was pretty damming on that play.

They let some things go that I was a bit surprised at like the guy who got creamed in the corner by the student sexn

Comment

A nice highlight from Saturday’s game was the teams reaction after Austin O’Rourke scored his first career goal. Good stuff.

Comment

Nolan Sawchuck out for the year. From Barry Scanlon: https://***********/Scanlon65/status...852377089?s=20

"Tough news for UMass Lowell hockey program. Sophomore defenseman Nolan Sawchuk to miss rest of season. Head coach Norm Bazin said Sawchuk sustained a broken vertebrae in his back vs. Merrimack. Sawchuk able to walk, but his movement over the next 8 weeks will be minimal."

Here's to a quick recover for Nolan.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    Nolan Sawchuck out for the year. From Barry Scanlon: https://***********/Scanlon65/status...852377089?s=20

"Tough news for UMass Lowell hockey program. Sophomore defenseman Nolan Sawchuk to miss rest of season. Head coach Norm Bazin said Sawchuk sustained a broken vertebrae in his back vs. Merrimack. Sawchuk able to walk, but his movement over the next 8 weeks will be minimal."

He is hands down my most favorite player. Works hard, is intense and always giving 100%. Breaks my heart

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post

That's pretty scary. Hopefully Nolan has a quick and full recovery.

Lowell Sun article.

Comment

Heading up to Lowell for the game against BU on Saturday. I've never been to Tsongas before. Will I be ok just walking up and buying tickets there or should I get them ahead of time? Any good food recommendations near the arena? Thanks for your help!
                        Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                        University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                          Heading up to Lowell for the game against BU on Saturday. I've never been to Tsongas before. Will I be ok just walking up and buying tickets there or should I get them ahead of time? Any good food recommendations near the arena? Thanks for your help!
                          The game is actually close to sold out, with less than 200 tickets still available. Of course, they sell Standing Room tickets once all the seats are gone.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            The game is actually close to sold out, with less than 200 tickets still available. Of course, they sell Standing Room tickets once all the seats are gone.
                            Fewer.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                              For food options, Downtown Lowell is a quick walk from the Tsongas. The Link below lists some of the options.

http://www.likelowell.com/downtown-restaurants

Comment

Thanks for all the help!
                                Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                                University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Working...
                                X